C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Who to have install ACS rockers and front air dam?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 01:07 AM
Stripeknight
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Who to have install ACS rockers and front air dam?

I purchased the ACS Rockers and Front Air Dam over a month ago for my stored Z06 and I rarely drive it as I am worried about side rock chips, who should I have install these parts?
Old 12-24-2015, 04:20 AM
flntv
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dealer? Autobody shop? They are super easy to do. It took me 30 min to do splitter and sides and I'm no wrench monkey.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:15 AM
op z
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 128 Posts

You can skip the rivets on the visible portion of the rocker panels and put a couple extras on the bottom non-visible portion. It looks fine an can be restored to stock at a later date if desired.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:49 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Not to pick a battle, but because these are *functional* and generate real downforce I'd be hesitant to not use all of the fasteners in the right places. Odds are you'd be fine, but since I can't tell you how many pounds of force are on them, I can't say for sure.

I did my own, they're not that tricky, but a dealership or any competant bodyshop should be able to do it given the diagram. I did mine on jackstands and the front on my lift, but should have done all three pieces on the lift, would have been much nicer and an easier job.

Also FWIW, I had 1000 miles on mine before I installed them including track days and didn't have any chips. I had cone orange on the back paint protection, but not a single rock chip. Drive it while it's depreciating!

Last edited by davepl; 12-24-2015 at 02:49 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DRLC5 (12-28-2015)
Old 12-28-2015, 02:24 AM
Stripeknight
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
Not to pick a battle, but because these are *functional* and generate real downforce I'd be hesitant to not use all of the fasteners in the right places. Odds are you'd be fine, but since I can't tell you how many pounds of force are on them, I can't say for sure.

I did my own, they're not that tricky, but a dealership or any competant bodyshop should be able to do it given the diagram. I did mine on jackstands and the front on my lift, but should have done all three pieces on the lift, would have been much nicer and an easier job.

Also FWIW, I had 1000 miles on mine before I installed them including track days and didn't have any chips. I had cone orange on the back paint protection, but not a single rock chip. Drive it while it's depreciating!
Isn't it always depreciating
Old 12-28-2015, 07:00 AM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

I installed my rockers alone with no help on jack stands, took about 15 min per side, Just take your time, The drill bit will go through Very Very easy, I had a new bit I could actually screw it in by hand if needed, make sure you have a Bit stop, I lost mine so I wrapped tape around my bit about a quarter inch deep.

Last edited by DRLC5; 12-28-2015 at 07:02 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Who to have install ACS rockers and front air dam?

Quick Reply: Who to have install ACS rockers and front air dam?