C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

C7 Z06 pre/post track day alignment specs

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 11:51 PM
DLC7
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts
Default C7 Z06 pre/post track day alignment specs

Pre Track day on the left.Was getting uneven wear. To the right is post track day, and spec will use next time out......same Track....WSIR. Suggestions.?

I did notice the GM print out says "stingray" or some such....

Car feel way more responsive now on turn in...

My goal here is get input on optimizing the track alignment for WSIR since that's where it will be used..mostly..Going for a set up that wont burn the inside of the tires up on my 80 mile ride home...

Last edited by DLC7; 02-09-2016 at 04:12 AM.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:56 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

When I first looked at your "before" settings I was concerned about your rear camber - it looked like there was quite a difference between the left and right rear camber.

Then I looked at the "after" specs listed by the Chevy dealer and was concerned that the "before" settings (which should have been the same as you went to the track with) were quite different from what you went to the track with - i.e., it looks like your alignment slipped during your track sessions.

Likewise, your toe seems to have slipped and changed during your track event.

However, my BIG concern is that you don't have any readout of rear caster!!!

Did both shops check and zero out the rear caster at all??? If so, you should get them to annotate that on the alignment sheet.

Also, many track hounds go for very slight toe-out up front for better turn in on the track. I haven't seen a whole lot of info about track alignments for the C7 in the AutoX/Roadrace section of the forum, but I'm sure that a little toe-out is what I'm going to set mine up with when I get it in a month.

But, as you had, always make sure there is a little bit of toe-in for the rear - that will definitely help with traction at track-out from turns.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:00 PM
schaibaa
Burning Brakes

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by BEZ06
When I first looked at your "before" settings I was concerned about your rear camber - it looked like there was quite a difference between the left and right rear camber.

Then I looked at the "after" specs listed by the Chevy dealer and was concerned that the "before" settings (which should have been the same as you went to the track with) were quite different from what you went to the track with - i.e., it looks like your alignment slipped during your track sessions.

Did both shops check and zero out the rear caster at all??? If so, you should get them to annotate that on the alignment sheet.

Also, many track hounds go for very slight toe-out up front for better turn in on the track. I haven't seen a whole lot of info about track alignments for the C7 in the AutoX/Roadrace section of the forum, but I'm sure that a little toe-out is what I'm going to set mine up with when I get it in a month.

But, as you had, always make sure there is a little bit of toe-in for the rear - that will definitely help with traction at track-out from turns.

Since the rear caster can't/isn't measured by an alignment machine (since it doesn't have rear steer), it won't be on the print out. You can usually ask the technician to write it down. A bit less confidence in the accuracy though

Last edited by schaibaa; 02-09-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:10 PM
DLC7
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by BEZ06

Thanks so much BEZ06

Even as I am finishing up reading a book on this very subject, realizing ther is confusion with regard to this even at Chevy dealerships.

Also, here is a picture of the machine used for the first alignment. Had some faith in these folks as they prepare a lot of cars for WSIR, and are local to the track.

The problem here is: the 2nd alignment before specs: may very well be off due to track use. On the other hand I doubt very much that 46 laps @ 2.5 miles each, and the drivers abilities were enough too alter said specs.

What I should have done is gone too the same place and used the same machine, too check for changes.

A follow up call reveals the dealership that did the 2nd alignment(chevy), does not have the ability to check rear caster.

Next track day in three days. Will get it rechecked the day after, and post here in this ongoing thread.

P.S~ Car was stable as could be on my first day out. Maybe should just leave everything as it is.

Should start planning a major heist at the Michelin Tire depot. Clandestine team. Big truck. In and out.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:18 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

Originally Posted by DLC7
....Should start planning a major heist at the Michelin Tire depot. Clandestine team. Big truck. In and out.
I'M WITH YOU ON THAT!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Z06 pre/post track day alignment specs

Quick Reply: C7 Z06 pre/post track day alignment specs