C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

RPI Designs 2014-2016 C7 Corvette ORACLE Concept Sidemarker Set

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 10:57 AM
RPIDON
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Default RPI Designs 2014-2016 C7 Corvette ORACLE Concept Sidemarker Set

2014-2016 C7 Corvette ORACLE Concept Sidemarker Set

Concept SMD Sidemarker lights are complete sidemarker replacements fitted with high powered 3528 Bridgelux LEDs that produce a laser-like appearance. Installation is easy! Just pop out the factory sidemarkers and connect the new ORACLE Concept Sidemarkers right into the stock plugs.

Product Specs:
•Bridgelux 3528 LED's (Made in the U.S.A.)
•Direct Plug & Play 5 Minute Install
•Produces a "Laser-Like" appearance
•Fits directly into stock sidemarker moldings, no further modification required.
•Will fit every 2014+ Chevy Corvette C7 model.

Package Includes:
•2 x 2014+ Chevy Corvette C7 ORACLE Concept Sidemarkers - Front - LED Color (Amber)
•2 x 2014+ Chevy Corvette C7 ORACLE Concept Sidemarkers - Rear - LED Color (Red)
•1 x Installation Instructions

Here at ORACLE Lighting Technologies we offer quality products, backed by a strong warranty program.Our name has become the standard in solid-state automotive LED technology, and now we continue to push the envelope even further by evolving our line into the home and industrial lighting markets.Technology is always evolving and we evolve with it. By teaming up with ORACLE Lighting you are giving us the chance to exceed your expectations in quality, passion, and service.

Item # C7CO-SM Use coupon code RPIDON5 when ordering on line or by phone and save 5% off the listed website price.

Website link : http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item....idemarker-set/

Old 02-09-2016, 11:18 AM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 148 Posts

Just ordered!!!
Old 02-13-2016, 11:09 PM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

Hey guys. Appreciate the fast shipping. I did send an email to you guys. The fit was less than stellar as the clips won't hold them flush. But, but.....jeezus they are freaking gorgeous when lit up. Wowzers. Unfortunately, they won't stay clipped and connected to the body panel, so I put the stockers back in. ;( By no means is this a negative review on your company. If the fit was on point, I'd honestly say these by far are the sickest side markers I've ever seen. Was this a first run of markers? As mentioned, the fit was off. That's my only complaint. Besides the fact I can't keep them installed on my Z06. haha. Maybe we can try another set? Exchange or something. Do you happen to have the brake light for a 16 Z06?

Last edited by txapezl1; 02-13-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:37 AM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by txapezl1
Hey guys. Appreciate the fast shipping. I did send an email to you guys. The fit was less than stellar as the clips won't hold them flush. But, but.....jeezus they are freaking gorgeous when lit up. Wowzers. Unfortunately, they won't stay clipped and connected to the body panel, so I put the stockers back in. ;( By no means is this a negative review on your company. If the fit was on point, I'd honestly say these by far are the sickest side markers I've ever seen. Was this a first run of markers? As mentioned, the fit was off. That's my only complaint. Besides the fact I can't keep them installed on my Z06. haha. Maybe we can try another set? Exchange or something. Do you happen to have the brake light for a 16 Z06?
I will wait to see how this is handled, I really hope they take care of you and they fix the issue as they look great. If it means anything I had a small issue a few years ago and RPI Was excellent to work with.

Last edited by DRLC5; 02-14-2016 at 06:38 AM.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:12 AM
jcthorne
Drifting

Received 421 Likes on 240 Posts

Those look cool....Think I see yet another RPI order in my future....

Your web site offers options for various color clear lenses, tinted lenses and ghosted lenses. Can you give us some idea what these options look like? Are the ones in the photos what you get with no options?

Last edited by jcthorne; 02-14-2016 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:50 AM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Any chance you can took any installed photos from various angles? The stock photos don't really show much, or enough.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:33 AM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fleming23
Any chance you can took any installed photos from various angles? The stock photos don't really show much, or enough.
No, but if I have time and am bored, I can prob take a video today. I'm sure RPI will handle it and it's not that big of a deal to me. They were only $250. The fit was just off. The clips that snap and hold the side marker in wouldn't hold. Every now and then I'd get it right, but then it would just pop out of place. And it so was not cool cus when they were lit up....OMG. Just gorgeous. I ordered the smoked lenses btw.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:26 PM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

There is a 5 min video of my side markers. Yes, I know, I committed the worst sin possible. Vertical recording. It still came out pretty good. Ya'll can see the fitment issues. As mentioned, I by no means am bitching. I know things don't go as planned 100% of the time, but ya'll can at least see the quality. It's a sharp piece that's for sure.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:40 PM
evo8power
Racer

Received 139 Likes on 32 Posts

Horrible figment and deff didn't snap in place. They do look nice lit up!
Old 02-14-2016, 04:42 PM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

Man, and I hate being a bearer of bad news, but it is what it is. Hopefully it was an error on my part, but shoot. How hard is it to install these? haha. The thing is, if the clips could grab and hold into place, they would sit flush so. I was almost about to say screw it and rig it up, but I said, nah better not. And yes, so sick lit up. I recommend the tinted smoked finish too.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:34 AM
RPIDON
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Man, and I hate being a bearer of bad news, but it is what it is. Hopefully it was an error on my part, but shoot. How hard is it to install these? haha. The thing is, if the clips could grab and hold into place, they would sit flush so. I was almost about to say screw it and rig it up, but I said, nah better not. And yes, so sick lit up. I recommend the tinted smoked finish too.
Thank you for the information and the video, I am forwarding it over to the manufacture to see what they say. Thanks, Don
Old 02-15-2016, 08:37 AM
jcthorne
Drifting

I do not have the parts in hand and only going by what I can see in the video but any chance those clips should be pulled off and applied to the tab from the rear once the new fixture is seated in the opening? Or the clips inserted in the opening to receive the tabs on the fixture when inserted like the door panels do. I have seen aftermarket vendors do this in lieu of the complex moulding required for the factory style snap clip.

Last edited by jcthorne; 02-15-2016 at 08:38 AM.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:49 AM
Bad Dad
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by RPIDON
Thank you for the information and the video, I am forwarding it over to the manufacture to see what they say. Thanks, Don
I'm interested if the fitment is factory
Old 02-15-2016, 10:33 AM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jcthorne
I do not have the parts in hand and only going by what I can see in the video but any chance those clips should be pulled off and applied to the tab from the rear once the new fixture is seated in the opening? Or the clips inserted in the opening to receive the tabs on the fixture when inserted like the door panels do. I have seen aftermarket vendors do this in lieu of the complex moulding required for the factory style snap clip.
JC. The clips aren't removable. The back piece of the stock side marker is all one mold it looks like. There were a few times where we got them to stay put and flush, but we really had to pray first. haha. Once I started to put everything back, they popped back out again. I ended up just having fun to see if I can actually get them to stay. The stockers go in and stay no problem. Release the clips from the back and they pop out. And the instructions sent with were pretty self explanatory. Remove stock ones, put these ones in. haha. To the eye, they match, but once you try to install, eh, fitment is obviously off.

I just want to make clear this is of no indication of RPI and their products. They have been around before I owned my Vette and they'll be around long after I move on to another car. I'm sure their products are superb. As mentioned above, looks like their vendor makes them so, out of their control on the quality.

Last edited by txapezl1; 02-15-2016 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:11 AM
jcthorne
Drifting

Was just a thought. I don't have them to work with yet. Like everyone else, watching to see where this leads. They look great but need to fit. Still don't understand the multiple options for these on the RPI site.

The smoke tinted look great on your black car, not so sure on my blue one. It also appears they are white without a tint applied rather than red and amber like stock. A body color overlay might look better for colors other than black but cannot tell from the options what exactly is being offered.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:17 AM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

Was just a thought. I don't have them to work with yet. Like everyone else, watching to see where this leads. They look great but need to fit. Still don't understand the multiple options for these on the RPI site.

The smoke tinted look great on your black car, not so sure on my blue one. It also appears they are white without a tint applied rather than red and amber like stock. A body color overlay might look better for colors other than black but cannot tell from the options what exactly is being offered.
Yes, great thing to ponder. I would only buy these clear tinted ones if I had a black car. I was thinking they were going to remain stock amber/red and just have a strip of LED's. But, for me, they look great with a clear lens but smoked. If I had Blue, of course, this is just me. I'd want the stock colored lenses.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:19 AM
jcthorne
Drifting

Found a pic on the Oracle web site that shows what the different options look like.

Get notified of new replies

To RPI Designs 2014-2016 C7 Corvette ORACLE Concept Sidemarker Set

Old 02-15-2016, 11:23 AM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

Found a pic on the Oracle web site that shows what the different options look like.

See, to me, that pic is completely confusing. Is the green supposed to match the car's body color? If so, I can understand it. I ordered clear with tint. Excuse me, I received unpainted w/tint. According to the pic. But on my order form, I ordered clear.....CLEAR w/tint. Same thing to me it looks like.

Last edited by txapezl1; 02-15-2016 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:24 AM
jcthorne
Drifting

Looks like tinted without paint would look fine on a black car but others are going to want one of the other options. Red / amber lenses are not an option. Although one could buy unpainted clear and apply red and amber lens repair film before installing.

What do others think? The painted options get pretty expensive.

See, to me, that pic is completely confusing. Is the green supposed to match the car's body color? If so, I can understand it. I ordered clear with tint.

Yes, the green is the body color for the example. That pic came from the Camaro section.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 03-06-2016 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 02-15-2016, 11:27 AM
txapezl1
Burning Brakes

Looks like tinted without paint would look fine on a black car but others are going to want one of the other options. Red / amber lenses are not an option. Although one could buy unpainted clear and apply red and amber lens repair film before installing.

What do others think? The painted options get pretty expensive.
Yea, they send you instructions on how to paint. The LED's are so sharp, I sure would hate to hide them. I honestly think the clear with tint would look good on most colors now that I think about it.

Quick Reply: RPI Designs 2014-2016 C7 Corvette ORACLE Concept Sidemarker Set