C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Factory/Dealer Tire/Wheel Mounting ?

Old 04-26-2016, 10:59 AM
wagoetzmann
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Factory/Dealer Tire/Wheel Mounting ?

Do the dealers have to mount Z06 chrome wheels when the cars arrive from the factory?

I am buying a new Z06 which my dealer had to go pick up/trailer from another dealer. I went to pick the car up but my dealer said they found the front left tire damaged and had to order a new tire. I asked how the tire got damaged and they said it was damaged when they mounted it. I asked why did they have to mount it and they said the cars with "special" wheels are shipped from the factory with steel wheels so they are not damaged in shipping and the dealer has to mount the "special" wheels once the cars are at the dealership.

The damage on the tire looks to me to be from running the tire into something sharp....like the corner of a trailer ramp!
Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2016, 11:07 AM
jaden61
Melting Slicks

Received 335 Likes on 243 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

The damage on the tire looks to me to be from running the tire into something sharp....like the corner of a trailer ramp!

Last edited by jaden61; 04-26-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:49 PM
mjcvette
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wagoetzmann
Do the dealers have to mount Z06 chrome wheels when the cars arrive from the factory?

I am buying a new Z06 which my dealer had to go pick up/trailer from another dealer. I went to pick the car up but my dealer said they found the front left tire damaged and had to order a new tire. I asked how the tire got damaged and they said it was damaged when they mounted it. I asked why did they have to mount it and they said the cars with "special" wheels are shipped from the factory with steel wheels so they are not damaged in shipping and the dealer has to mount the "special" wheels once the cars are at the dealership.

Not the way mine came off the transport from the factory - had my option ordered wheels mounted and attached on the car. I'd check if the tire was the only thing tweaked when whoever ran over/hit whatever.

Get notified of new replies

To Factory/Dealer Tire/Wheel Mounting ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Factory/Dealer Tire/Wheel Mounting ?