C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Competition seat rattles with no passenger

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 03:12 AM
MacManInfi
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Competition seat rattles with no passenger

Anyone else have this? When there is no passenger in the car, the passenger seat back rattles. If I adjust the seat to lean more forward, the rattle mostly goes away but then if a passenger jumps in, they have to re-adjust. I have also tried stuffing a sweatshirt back there to make it stop will some luck but seems silly on such a fancy car. Just wondering if they all do it, or if I'm a lucky one.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:08 AM
Bischof
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Not much in there to rattle.
Where is the sound coming from?
Maybe a wire lead vibrating against the plastic back?
I wouldn't think the seat bolts in the floor would rattle but you may want to just check that all those nuts are tight.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:28 AM
foreverfuelie
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by MacManInfi
Anyone else have this? When there is no passenger in the car, the passenger seat back rattles. If I adjust the seat to lean more forward, the rattle mostly goes away but then if a passenger jumps in, they have to re-adjust. I have also tried stuffing a sweatshirt back there to make it stop will some luck but seems silly on such a fancy car. Just wondering if they all do it, or if I'm a lucky one.
I'm guessing you are the "lucky" one. Tops that creak and squeek are covered by warranty, why not rattling seats? Rather than home remedies, like sweatshirts, I'd try a good dealer. Oh yeah, and yes, I have the competition seats and no, the passenger seat does not rattle, even with the stiff Z07 option.

Last edited by foreverfuelie; 05-24-2016 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:32 AM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Are you sure it's not the seatbelt rattling? My C7 did this when I first got it. Then I realized the seat belt was not in the guide and metal tongue was rattling against the trim.
S.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:07 PM
SziTech
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, check the seat bet. Latch it up - bet the rattle goes away.

Get notified of new replies

To Competition seat rattles with no passenger

Quick Reply: Competition seat rattles with no passenger