C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

MMS exclusive, the LT4 PCV fix.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 01:40 PM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

Received 221 Likes on 153 Posts

Default MMS exclusive, the LT4 PCV fix.

Limited stock available only at Mightymousesolutions.com

This part replaces the factory PCV valve stopping airflow (and oil) to the floor of the supercharger.
-'Plug' version seals this path off entirely.
-'Ported' version re-routes the crankcase flow to the outside of the engine, so that it can be used for external ventilation, or with the MMS PCV can.

Here is the factory PCV valve and the barb that ports the flow to the supercharger

Here is a stock Z blower lid with 1200 miles

For installation (approx 1hr), the blower needs to be unbolted (cover screws and center screws 10mm), and belt 15mm, and lifted about 3" for access. Some wires can also be unclipped for ease of installation.
-The stock PCV valve unscrews easily with 14mm allen and the new part goes in with a 13mm combination wrench. I suggest using some oil to transfer the factory o-rings and for installation. Install 'horizontal' for blower clearance and for mounting barb fitting on 'ported' version'.

This is completely reversible as needed; no hammering or gluing. One piece billet anodized aluminum that cannot come loose inside your engine.

Here is a pic of the blower lifted and the part being installed, you see the barb pointing straight up, that is where PCV air (and oil) is routed stock. On older / LS engine models this was piped externally which allowed us to do what we wanted (or needed) in regard to oil consumption.

barb fitting attached and blower remounted

Personally I prefer the ported version and have it on my own Z. I feel it is the closest layout to what GM would do if they could.
-If you were to use the plug version, and wanted to continue having functional pcv, you would most likely connect to the driver valve cover to take over responsibility for the function.

Purchase link here -> http://www.mightymousesolutions.com/...2-98d9df6e30d8

I build Can 'Systems' turn key with all the parts you need, or a 'Tuner' kit which would allot you only the unique components required, at a lower price point.

Here is an install using the 'Ported' version in conjunction with my PCV can currently set up for 1000hp capacity and normal pcv function.
-I build single or dual C7 can systems with a maximum of 1500hp per can

My best advice is that if you are not sure, just send me an email or message with a little bit about your car, power goals, driving habits, and I will make sure you get the right part.

Installation Video:
#mmsolutions
Six time NMCA True Street Champions

Home of the first Twin Turbo C7Z 7.81 @ 176
3470# Stock bottom end and heads Corvette Stock Bottom End Record Holder

Last edited by David@MMS; 04-06-2017 at 01:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bad Dad (06-25-2016)
Old 06-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Rick@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Welcome to the forum David@MMS!

I just wanted to let everybody know that his products flat out work! We only use MMS catch cans for our boost builds. Looking forward to working with you.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:21 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

MMS rocks! We use them a lot here at CPR as well.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 06-25-2016, 07:22 AM
Scott_in_FL
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Stopping airflow and oil from reaching the engine floor? Didn't realize this was an issue. Please expand.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:30 AM
Bad Dad
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by David@MMS
Limited stock available only at Mightymousesolutions.com

This part replaces the factory PCV valve stopping airflow (and oil) to the floor of the supercharger.

'Plug' version seals this path off entirely.

'Ported' version re-routes the crankcase flow to the outside of the engine, so that it can be used for external ventilation, or with the MMS PCV can.

here is a stock Z blower lid with 1200 miles

For installation (approx 1hr), the blower needs to be unbolted (cover screws and center screws 10mm), and belt 15mm, and lifted about 3" for access. Some wires can also be unclipped for ease of installation.

The stock PCV valve comes out with 14mm allen and the new part goes in with a 13mm combination wrench. I suggest using some oil to transfer the factory o-rings and for installation. Install 'horizontal' for blower clearance and for mounting barb fitting on 'ported' version'.

This is completely reversible as needed; no hammering or gluing. One piece billet anodized aluminum that cannot come loose inside your engine.

Here is an install using the 'Ported' version in conjunction with my PCV can currently set up for 1000hp capacity and normal pcv function.

NOW THIS is what I've been waiting for,
Old 06-27-2016, 02:08 PM
Complete Street
Supporting Vendor

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

MMS is our go to for catch cans. Best solutions for boosted applications. Glad to see this option for the C7Z's!
Old 06-27-2016, 02:27 PM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Scott_in_FL
Stopping airflow and oil from reaching the engine floor? Didn't realize this was an issue. Please expand.
Here is a pic of the part being installed, you see the barb pointing straight up, that is where PCV air (and oil) is routed. On older / LS engine models this was piped externally which allowed us to do what we wanted (or needed) in regard to oil consumption.

So here you see this is blocked of completely, or blocked off AND plumbed externally to continue PCV use through a regulated can.
The following 2 users liked this post by David@MMS:
#1c6 (07-27-2016), Bad Dad (06-28-2016)
Old 06-29-2016, 11:14 AM
bob53
Melting Slicks

Received 302 Likes on 138 Posts

David,

Can you provide some guidance for the less experienced (like me) re: which version to pick? If I simply plug the port, where does the vapor and oil exhaust into? The intake? Is there a reason to choose the plugged or ported version? Do you sell an all-in-one kit for the lt4 that includes the catch can?

Thx,

Bob
Old 06-29-2016, 07:04 PM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by bob53
David,

Can you provide some guidance for the less experienced (like me) re: which version to pick? If I simply plug the port, where does the vapor and oil exhaust into? The intake? Is there a reason to choose the plugged or ported version? Do you sell an all-in-one kit for the lt4 that includes the catch can?

Thx,

Bob
Personally I prefer the ported version and have it on my own Z. I feel it is the closest layout to what GM would do if they could.

If you were to use the plug version, and wanted to continue having functional pcv, you would most likely connect to the driver valve cover to take over responsibility for the function.

I build Can 'Systems' turn key with all the parts you need, or a 'Tuner' kit which would allot you only the unique components required, at a lower price point.

My best advice is that if you are not sure, just send me an email or message with a little bit about your car, power goals, driving habits, and I will make sure you get the right part.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:17 PM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

Thanks for the orders, 3 of these went out today.
Old 07-29-2016, 08:39 AM
Busa Dave
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 107 Posts

Looks like this solution vents the crankcase gases to the outside and is not internally contained.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:56 AM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Busa Dave
Looks like this solution vents the crankcase gases to the outside and is not internally contained.
You connect it to a catch can.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:08 AM
Busa Dave
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by spearfish25
You connect it to a catch can.

Correct---it then vents into the atmosphere which is an issue. Look at the can.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:41 AM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Busa Dave
Correct---it then vents into the atmosphere which is an issue. Look at the can.
Got it. Thought you were just looking at the nipple for the new part which didn't make sense since I know you know about this stuff.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:45 AM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

The ported or plugged version can be used however you see fit. either way stops oil from being sucked into the blower base.

These could be used with any catch can you like, open, closed, hybrid (such as mine).. in a way similar to all the other LS or the LT engines with the externally ported valley plate / PCV

For my MM cans specifically; The filter seen on the top of my DRAFT and PCV models is an integrated pressure release. During most use (any time intake manifold vacuum is able to scavenge the system normally), the breather is closed and the can operates in closed loop. Provided there is an instance when manifold vacuum is lost (boost), or simply overcome because of rising crankcase flow (high hp), the breather opens to protect the engine.

Does that cover the issue?
Bad Dad (07-29-2016)
Old 07-29-2016, 07:49 PM
Busa Dave
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by David@MMS
The ported or plugged version can be used however you see fit. either way stops oil from being sucked into the blower base.

These could be used with any catch can you like, open, closed, hybrid (such as mine).. in a way similar to all the other LS or the LT engines with the externally ported valley plate / PCV

For my MM cans specifically; The filter seen on the top of my DRAFT and PCV models is an integrated pressure release. During most use (any time intake manifold vacuum is able to scavenge the system normally), the breather is closed and the can operates in closed loop. Provided there is an instance when manifold vacuum is lost (boost), or simply overcome because of rising crankcase flow (high hp), the breather opens to protect the engine.

Does that cover the issue?

Yes that it does defeat the EPA closed system approved system that vents into the atmosphere. Additionally, water from condensation is a bigger issue than oil in the colder months. How does this small of a catch can deal with that?
Old 07-30-2016, 08:07 PM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

Nearly every intake / engine / exhaust part available here is not EPA compliant, are you targeting all of us or just me? Did you buy your vette to be 'green'?

Again, Yes it releases to atmosphere as needed to 1. protect the engine from pressurization and 2. allow the engine to make more power off of only fresh air entering vs. fresh air and 100% of the blowby the crankcase is making. During 'normal'/most use the system is closed just like stock, and works like stock, or better.

The can is bigger than most, and collection ranges from clear to coffee to amber, regular reports of water-looking catches, E85 guys especially.

This type of thing we can cover ad-nauseam when I have a catch can thread, but is unrelated to this one.
SteveDoten@ARH (08-23-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To MMS exclusive, the LT4 PCV fix.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:46 AM
MIGHTYM0USE
Melting Slicks

Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

ok guys. please and thanks.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:25 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Looks like the "ported" device would make a great input to an Elite or Colorado Speed closed PCV system can, instead of using the driver's side valve cover; and would eliminate having to plug the vertical nipple from inside the supercharger with a silicone base sealant. The OEM driver's side valve cover ventilation hose would be maintained as is and the stock baffling in the valley cover would still be utilized as a feed to the can. Looks like a better arrangement to me. I'd be interested in an opinion from Elite or Colorado Speed about plumbing their can this way.
David@MMS (08-01-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 06:28 PM
David@MMS
Supporting Vendor

I am partial to my can but I have already sold this to other can owners to fix the original effort.

Quick Reply: MMS exclusive, the LT4 PCV fix.