C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Is CQuartz really worth the cost?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 10:11 PM
Z06Vert
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Is CQuartz really worth the cost?

As the title says is CQuartz Finest paint treatment worth the cost? I have SunTek film on the front half of the car and was considering the CQuartz treatment as I have read those that have had it done seem to love the results. When I checked with a local installer I was quoted $1000 for the treatment. I am very happy with the quality of the paint from GM and would like to take care of my 100K investment as best I can but 1K seems like a lot for paint treatment. Am I being cheap here? I almost am thinking that having SunTek installed on the rest of the car might be a better way to go... what do you guys think? Thanks!
Old 09-02-2016, 02:32 AM
Connman
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 146 Likes on 79 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

I went full Xpel wrap & CQuartz finest. I haven't had one without the other though, but after seeing the swirls reflecting in the GM orange-peel finish (black)... I'm glad I did.
But if I were you and had to choose, CQf or finish wrapping... I'd finish wrapping.

I pd 1800 for the CQf application in SoCal (which included paint corrections)... so 1K seems like a bargain (assuming a skilled/qualified application tech)
Old 09-02-2016, 07:37 AM
JDMUSCLE
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts

Everything is more in California.. Here in TX it's about a grand for cquartz finest.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:37 AM
LuckyC7Z06
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 140 Likes on 104 Posts

I bought the European version and applied it myself. I bought all the stuff I needed on Amazon took me about 6hrs from wash and detail to eraser treatment then Cquartz.
Going on 10 months since install and nothing sticks to it at all. Bugs come right off with a stream of water or very very light pass with soapy wash cloth.
I bought 2 bottles and had enough left over to do my Harley. All in all cost me about $250 total including polishing cloths and extra applicators.
Well worth the money!
Old 09-02-2016, 02:16 PM
wildbillz06
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Vert
As the title says is CQuartz Finest paint treatment worth the cost? I have SunTek film on the front half of the car and was considering the CQuartz treatment as I have read those that have had it done seem to love the results. When I checked with a local installer I was quoted $1000 for the treatment. I am very happy with the quality of the paint from GM and would like to take care of my 100K investment as best I can but 1K seems like a lot for paint treatment. Am I being cheap here? I almost am thinking that having SunTek installed on the rest of the car might be a better way to go... what do you guys think? Thanks!
check out autogeek about $35 for this product
Old 09-02-2016, 06:47 PM
Z06Vert
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you all for the advise. Yes I think I am going to finish the wrap and then look at the paint treatment. Thanks again!
Old 09-02-2016, 07:06 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

I love it. Even after driving in the rain this week the car looks fairly clean since most of the rain just beads off. The only part that is noticeably dirty is the side skirts and I had those put on after so they are not coated. They are in the worst spot as well for getting dirty on wet roads too so I don't know if the coating would keep them clean LOL!
Old 09-02-2016, 10:36 PM
Elohim1
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Vert
Get the Suntek film and the Cquartz on top. $1k is the going price around here.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:21 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by wildbillz06
check out autogeek about $35 for this product
This is not true.

CQuartz Finest is only available via authorized professional installers. The commercial versions of CQuartz are not nearly the same product.

Over the last three years I have had Finest applied to three new cars after full paint correction and I have corrected and applied the CQuartz UK and OptiCoat products on two other cars I've owned.

Finest will last longer and give more protection w/o needing to use a sealant like Reload. The commercially available versions seem to start losing their effectiveness after about 12-14 months, given they are washed 1-3 times a week.

I personally don't like the XPEL or other films. They may not be obvious to people at a few feet away or in pictures, but it is noticeable when I wash the car and they bug me. For the cost of a real professional job I would rather just repaint a couple years later and save the cash up front. I choose to just do CQuartz Finest and deal with any issues later rather than use film.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:27 PM
funx600
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Price gouging;
I despise price gouging!

And:
Just wait 'til you price its
"Maintenance Program"...
Old 09-03-2016, 04:28 PM
SharkbyteLT4
Le Mans Master

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

I would say it is worth it. Its protects and really makes the paint pop out as well.

Most products like these have different packages. A typical "gold" package has 4 layers of coating on it plus another coat of something else. That runs about 1500 bucks in my area due to the lack of places that does it in NC. For 1000 bucks , I wonder how many layers is included in that price. The more layers it has, the longer it protects. A gold package usually last 5-7 years on average

Get notified of new replies

To Is CQuartz really worth the cost?

Quick Reply: Is CQuartz really worth the cost?