C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Live your dreams NOW - Introducing Midnight Cinderella

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 08:36 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

Looks great. I have a vy z06 with black accents. I would never have thought of that combo that way. Unbelievable how good it looks!
Old 03-26-2017, 08:41 PM
Z06NJ
Drifting

Received 234 Likes on 205 Posts

Thanks Steven! I appreciate the comment. Yes! I am planning on getting the front splitter with the yellow trim as soon as @RPI Designs (Don) announces the next Spring time 12% off deal!!
Old 03-26-2017, 10:30 PM
Diesel88
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Love the color combo, my baby should be built tomorrow. I was weighing between the black with yellow stripes or yellow with black stripes Z. I don't feel like dealing with another black car so I went yellow. I grew up in Fair Lawn so I will definitely see you around in the summer. She is looking great, keep up the great work.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:29 AM
Is2scooby
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Great video! Thanks for sharing. The narration and driving were amazing.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:24 PM
VetterFlyer
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06NJ
Thanks Steven! I appreciate the comment. Yes! I am planning on getting the front splitter with the yellow trim as soon as @RPI Designs (Don) announces the next Spring time 12% off deal!!
I did mine myself on both my Z07 and ZR1. Yours looks great also.
Mine is tape and from time to time it gets damaged so I just replace it. Behind the front wheels I put Clear leading edge tape over the yellow strip which really reduces the damage.
Attached Images   
Old 03-27-2017, 01:28 PM
Z06NJ
Drifting

Received 234 Likes on 205 Posts

Looks sweet!! I'm looking to replace my 'poverty' splitter with an aftermarket one hopefully soon.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:46 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

You might consider striping your wheels.

Old 03-27-2017, 02:34 PM
BAMAGOLFER
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'10-'11

Originally Posted by Z06NJ
Fellow Corvette Enthusiasts,

Happy New Year!! May 2017 be filled with Happiness, Good Health and Success for everyone.

Many of you know that I have been on the forum since June last year and I have been wishing Congratulations to new Members and participating lightly in threads. Mostly I've been using the search button and asking questions because I'm new to this platform. However, since June I have not done my proper introduction yet. I've been waiting to install some parts to "complete the look", but who are we kidding; as we know, that quest never ends! Especially when you spend more time online and start seeing other things that will good on your car!

It is with great pleasure that I share the pictures below with you. Like many, it's been my dream to own a Corvette, and like some also, it is my 1st one. I absolutely love it. There is a huge amount of respect for the car and the attention that comes with it. I am really honored to be part of this wonderful community. My hat goes off to our dedicated Moderator, Steven Bell, and to all the other moderators as well, who help to keep the C7 forum running smoothly.

I'd like to keep this short and sweet instead of rambling on. More details on the car and the mods can be found in my signature, but I might have to use my CF profile details due to the # of characters we're limited to in our signatures Of course, there will be more mods to come, including becoming a CF Lifetime Supporting Member.

Without further delay - Enjoy.

(Notes: 1st pic and last pic were made by Brian from Monaco Auto Design - I HIGHLY recommend his work. The rest are just iPhone 6 pictures taken last summer with no filters applied. I know the shopping center scenery is not the greatest, but it's my 1st "photo shoot" to get some pictures on the computer. I have since lowered the license plate off the bumper and used the Aeroplate.)

See you in the Spring!!

Mod: Ron Fellows Spring Mountain Class of March 17 & 18, 2017

I was at the Corvette Owners School last week and it was an amazing experience!! I know there are hundreds of existing threads on this topic already, so I’m not going into any detail about the program and what they do. Instead, what I’d like to share with you MY experience/observations there and what *I* took away from the 2 day class. I know some of the points are trivial and “Duh!” moments to many, but it was what I picked up. Here goes!!

- TRACTION CONTROL is your friend!! Keep it on in the streets

-I have more confidence in the car’s abilities now and know when to push it and when to take it easy

- Smashing the brake pedal into the floorboard as hard as you can (I mean really trying to break it) was an excellent exercise in emergency maneuvering to avoid an obstacle on wet ground

- The Z06 is a phenomenal piece of machinery when pushed. The tires have enormous grip

- The Throttle/Gas Pedal is a respected part of the car. Smooth execution through turns and gently getting back on the throttle as you unwind and then WOT on straightaways only

- 9 o’clock and 3 o’clock is *the* only hand position when driving around the track. Shift and put your hand back on the wheel

- The instructors are teaching classes practically every day with their eyes closed. They are faster than you no matter how close you get to their bumper, they will take off on you in the turns

- The instructor led/ride a long is an eye opener (video below in post #21.) Just when you thought you were pushing the car, I almost threw up as a passenger after experiencing how crazy my instructor was whipping around in turns, braking hard throwing me forward and just getting thrown around in the car. They claim they were only pushing it 60% to 70% of their maximum effort

- We never used 2nd gear at all. Manuals stayed in either 3rd or 4th gear around the 2.1 mile track

- Sessions were limited to ~20 minutes I’m guessing so that we don’t get too tired and/or to prevent bad heat soak (note I didn’t say overheating) because we were in the 80’s (almost 90’s) temperature

- Without having a frame of reference and on the super wide track, the Z06 feels slow. Now I know why people change pulleys, add boost and want more power. I know I was going fast but as I mentioned it felt “slow” because there was no one and no landmarks around me to compare to

- The Z06 Level 1, 2, 3 class is way more money than a normal Stingray because the wear and tear is more extreme. I’m not planning on going back for any future classes

- The intro class is amazing. Simply put, they let you spin out and do things so you learn and not do them on the street! For 1st time Corvette owners, it is worth the $1,000 (+ flight, rental car, and dinner expenses) that I put in from my tax return

GREAT looking Z! Where did you get the yellow accent strips on the skirts? I'm afraid I may have to copy that.

Kelly
Old 03-27-2017, 05:23 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Originally Posted by BAMAGOLFER
GREAT looking Z! Where did you get the yellow accent strips on the skirts? I'm afraid I may have to copy that.

Kelly
I don't think he understood your question. I would think it's just yellow striping tape like I used on the wheel pictured above. Maybe paint but I doubt. If paint would. Wed to be repainted on a regular basis. If tape you could refresh in a matter of minutes.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:21 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rikhek
I don't think he understood your question. I would think it's just yellow striping tape like I used on the wheel pictured above. Maybe paint but I doubt. If paint would. Wed to be repainted on a regular basis. If tape you could refresh in a matter of minutes.
My bad. I didn't realize RPI was offering them with a stripe already PAINTED on.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:55 PM
Larry M
Drifting

Received 255 Likes on 198 Posts

You got some weird rectangular thing on the front of your car...has numbers and letters on it.

Quick Reply: Live your dreams NOW - Introducing Midnight Cinderella