C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

DSC Sport Shock Controller observations

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 08:48 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by mdz06vetter
don't / won't track my C7.R either (probably - VBG) and the difference in handling can NOT really be described adequately in my feeble mind! Let's just say "seat of the pants" in taking an exit ramp that I typically took at around 40 (posted speed 25) I can NOW safely take at 60! With the controller the car just squats like it should in the turns and really NO roll, etc. that you typically get / expect. Of course this NOT a scientific response. And, yes I do drive the C7.R very aggressively when I take her out.
While this isn't scientific this is finally the review I was looking for. I don't track my Z07 either [yet] and didn't give two ***** if it made the car ride worse!

Soooo...wifi available yet?

Last edited by phantasms; 03-23-2017 at 08:48 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:13 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Looking forward to trying out the RT shocks that arrived this morning!

Got my file updated and shocks calibrated/zeroed.

The following 2 users liked this post by fleming23:
360Lemans (03-24-2017), Is2scooby (03-23-2017)
Old 03-24-2017, 12:15 AM
lordofwar
Melting Slicks

Received 545 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by mdz06vetter
don't / won't track my C7.R either (probably - VBG) and the difference in handling can NOT really be described adequately in my feeble mind! Let's just say "seat of the pants" in taking an exit ramp that I typically took at around 40 (posted speed 25) I can NOW safely take at 60! With the controller the car just squats like it should in the turns and really NO roll, etc. that you typically get / expect. Of course this NOT a scientific response. And, yes I do drive the C7.R very aggressively when I take her out.
if you like it and it works for you,great.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:22 AM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by fleming23

Please keep us posted. Very interested in your thoughts and how they ride on the street as well. Install looked pretty straightforward.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:56 AM
schaibaa
Burning Brakes

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts

Need to get some adjustable sway bar links man!
Old 03-24-2017, 09:53 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by schaibaa
Need to get some adjustable sway bar links man!
Why? You can control the roll and balance dynamically without ever having to crawl under the car. Wait for my next post
Old 03-24-2017, 09:58 AM
schaibaa
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
Why? You can control the roll and balance dynamically without ever having to crawl under the car. Wait for my next post
Haha

Well not to control the roll and balance, but if you corner balance the car, unless you get very lucky, the sway bar will have some counter-pressure on one side or the other. The adjustable links just allow you to adjust that out of the bars so that they are perfectly neutral at rest and not pushing up on one side and down on the other.

Last edited by schaibaa; 03-24-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:25 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Haha

Well not to control the roll and balance, but if you corner balance the car, unless you get very lucky, the sway bar will have some counter-pressure on one side or the other. The adjustable links just allow you to adjust that out of the bars so that they are perfectly neutral at rest and not pushing up on one side and down on the other.
Ah, I understand. Thanks.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:37 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Haha

I can barely find someone around here to correctly align this car, let alone corner-balance it!!

As a quick note, just did 80 miles to and from the alignment shop and I swear the RT shocks feel better in my mind on the highway! Could be a placebo affect, could be brand new balanced tires, or could be the fact that I never even zeroed the controller with the OEM shocks, but I swear it rides better in my mind.

Last edited by fleming23; 03-24-2017 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:32 PM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

I can barely find someone around here to correctly align this car, let alone corner-balance it!!

As a quick note, just did 80 miles to and from the alignment shop and I swear the RT shocks feel better in my mind on the highway! Could be a placebo affect, could be brand new balanced tires, or could be the fact that I never even zeroed the controller with the OEM shocks, but I swear it rides better in my mind.
Fantastic review and summary on the Tractive Dampers yes the ride will seem completely different and to describe the ride as nicer is due to the nature of the magnetic fluid and piston design its all 0-2"/sec range so you feel everything. This is why everyone says their car rides way better with the DSC we knock the front end of that low speed down its part of our strategy. But the Tractive is a whole nother level you get a true racing piston and shim stack with no compromise and tuning could not be any easier just down load the file off our site.

If you need any help in ride Height adj let me know We have checked many of the C7 here at the race shop and they are really good out of the box. I mean really good like within 1 percent with driver and target air pressure and every car has been the same. A true testament to the chassis its super rigid and I bet every tub is exactly the same.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:40 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
Fantastic review and summary on the Tractive Dampers yes the ride will seem completely different and to describe the ride as nicer is due to the nature of the magnetic fluid and piston design its all 0-2"/sec range so you feel everything. This is why everyone says their car rides way better with the DSC we knock the front end of that low speed down its part of our strategy. But the Tractive is a whole nother level you get a true racing piston and shim stack with no compromise and tuning could not be any easier just down load the file off our site.

If you need any help in ride Height adj let me know We have checked many of the C7 here at the race shop and they are really good out of the box. I mean really good like within 1 percent with driver and target air pressure and every car has been the same. A true testament to the chassis its super rigid and I bet every tub is exactly the same.
Are you talking about all of the tractive dampers? I just ordered a controller and the base tractive dampers from you yesterday. Thanks
Old 03-24-2017, 07:05 PM
wstaab
Drifting

Received 214 Likes on 129 Posts

I Not to beat a dead horse but I really wish the wi-fi would release soon so I could update the tune and zero the shocks easier.
We need the Wi-Fi function for data logging. Release date??
Old 03-24-2017, 07:22 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Originally Posted by wstaab
Mike told me yesterday that they're working on it but they wanted to make absolutely sure that it is 100% secure. It didn't sound like it would be a lot longer.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:41 AM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by wstaab
look to our site under technical firmware there is a wi-fi security update posting this weekend. If I get a chance Monday ill write a install guide for the update installation then you will be able to add a password and your off and running
most boxs shipped in the last 2 months have the security updates already installed I just have not had a chance to debug fully. Im afraid im a creature of habit and really use the usb for speed. the wi-fi will just add convenience when doing simple tasks swapping files zero travel and some data logging
Im supposed to be at road atlanta monday but i may delay a day so bare with me I have a tight schedule
The following users liked this post:
peterjank (03-27-2017)
Old 03-25-2017, 08:53 AM
schaibaa
Burning Brakes

Old 03-27-2017, 12:13 AM
Is2scooby
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Hi All,

After reading through this thread I was compelled to purchase a DSC Sport Shock Controller for my 3k mile 2016 Z06. Thanks, Rikhek! ;-)

I installed the unit in 30 mins on Friday afternoon and have been driving it extensively over the weekend to get a feel for the changes.

Truth be told I knew everything I needed to know in the first 20 minutes of road driving (both relaxed and moderately aggressive) but didn't want to post my thoughts immediately because they seemed like hyperbole and marketing fluff so I slept on it for a couple of days.

With that in mind, plus the fact that I'm no seasoned road racer or suspension guru I'm just going to post my stream of consciousness bullet point thoughts as I jotted them down after my first drive on Friday evening.

1. Ummmm, wow. $1290 VERY well spent. How often do I say that?
2. People aren't going to believe me.
3. Suspension in all modes is COMPLIANT! Sucks up the bumps.
4. Car just feels more planted in all situations vs. being bounced around.
5. The car now feels telepathic. It seems to know what I'm about to do as soon as I think it and prepares vs. reacting to my ham fisted inputs after the fact.
6. No tail wagging/wiggling during rapid acceleration even when I'm spinning the tires. Car just goes where I point it rather than making me worried it's going to have a mind of it's own.
7. Even Track mode is SMOOTH! I'm going to use this mode way more often on the street.
8. Amazing. Can't wait to get the alignment done.

No filter, no explanations. Just my amateur observations and opinions for what they are worth. Your mileage may of course vary.

Last edited by Is2scooby; 03-30-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:54 AM
08G8V8
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Is2scooby
Now here's a weird thing: Since I installed the DSC on Friday the car wants to drop the passenger mirror down like I shifted it into reverse after I park and leave the car.
When I get back in and start it up the mirror adjusts back up to where it normally goes. When I get out of the car I check the mirror and it's set normally. Leave the car overnight and check in the morning and lo and behold the mirror has adjusted itself down. As soon as I start the car it adjusts up again. Coincidence? Almost certainly, but an odd one nonetheless.
I'm going to redo my memory settings to see if that exorcises the gremlin.

That is strange. You are the first to see something like this.

Did you re-do your memory seat settings?

Get notified of new replies

To DSC Sport Shock Controller observations

Old 03-28-2017, 12:47 PM
Checkmate1
Burning Brakes

Received 212 Likes on 128 Posts

I want this so bad and also local to these guys. With a baby on the way, have to get my priorities right.

Proud of Levitas and Co!
Old 03-28-2017, 06:00 PM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Well I just got the tracking number for the shocks and controller
Old 03-28-2017, 10:45 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Quick Reply: DSC Sport Shock Controller observations