C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

DSC Sport Shock Controller observations

Old 01-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by phantasms
I'm curious. If I got this I would essentially leave it stock as I'd probably just screw it up. However for the strip is love to get the launch control settings into some other standard mode such as tour. I'd want the best for weight transfer at the track however launch control is never the best way to get a very good 60 foot. Is this doable or is the launch control settings a whole other thing? Also, would this be dangerous for any reason to roll around in this modified tour configuration with LC weight transfer ability?

Thank you!

Best,
Gene

ps. Looking forward to hearing about aggressive street performance.
it looks like all the velocity modifiers are reactionary rather than a preset program in itself so LC mode isnt really something you would be in rather than something that happens momentarily when needed.
The following users liked this post:
phantasms (01-04-2017)
Old 01-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
seen a few people reporting around 2 seconds a lap at various tracks.
That was my experience at VIR.

Originally Posted by spearfish25
I did. It's mesmerizing, awesome, and intimidating all at once. I really don't want to get into tweaking both because I don't know what I'm doing in that department and I'm not really interested in spending any time on it. I'm more interested in plug and play improvement at the track with the potential to improve my comfort cruising ride as well.
I totally agree. The only changes I made were with Mike's direction and it was on my first track outing with the controller. However, I thought what I posted would help folks understand how the system works better.

Originally Posted by phantasms
I'm curious. If I got this I would essentially leave it stock as I'd probably just screw it up. However for the strip is love to get the launch control settings into some other standard mode such as tour. I'd want the best for weight transfer at the track however launch control is never the best way to get a very good 60 foot. Is this doable or is the launch control settings a whole other thing? Also, would this be dangerous for any reason to roll around in this modified tour configuration with LC weight transfer ability?

Thank you!

Best,
Gene

ps. Looking forward to hearing about aggressive street performance.
Mike will really need to chime in on this as I don't know. I do know the launch control settings will essentially replace the .9 and 1.0 blocks in the acceleration tab with something like start and end of launch settings. Mike also mentioned that the clutch has a real position sensor in it so he has it transitioning in to "launch control" settings when you release the clutch to where it just starts engaging. I don't know what else it looks for though.
phantasms (01-04-2017)
Old 01-04-2017, 11:14 PM
rikhek
Safety Car

Received 860 Likes on 393 Posts

A number of questions, comments and misstatements have been posted about the DSC Controller. Here's answers to some and clarification on others.

Installation of the DSC controller is Plug-and-Play with direct integration with the OEM console mounted **** and button used to change shock settings and turn active handling and TC on and off. You simply rotate the **** or push the button as with the OEM controller to change settings. The only way anybody would know the DSC controller is installed is if you tell them. No hand held controller and don't know where that came from.

Installation is done by removing 3 screws and one bolt to remove the front left splash guard and reach in behind the fender liner. Remove OEM box and plug in DSC box. You don't have to remove the wheel or jack the car. Just turn wheel to the left to give some room to access. Took me 20 minutes to install.

A mini USB port is integral to the box. You run a USB cable from the box through an existing hole/grommet in the firewall just above the left of the clutch pedal. I coiled the cable and hang on the OBD port to keep it out of the way when not using. The unit also has Wi-Fi capability but the Wi-Fi functionality is undergoing final testing before releasing this feature. I don't imagine I'll use the Wi-Fi as a wired connection is always better than Wi-Fi when transmitting data files. Not really hard to plug the USB cable into your laptop.

I STRONGLY recommend those interested check out the mini tutorial post provided in the link below. The tutorial just scratches the surface of the unit's capabilities and data acquired to change shock action/reaction to the MANY performance data points analyzed to offer near real time action/reaction of each shock individually.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-tutorial.html

For example, it's amazing experiencing how under threshold braking the data acquired instantly firms up front shock compression while slowing down rear shock rebound to prevent the front of the car from diving. It keeps the car flat and prevents weight transfer to the front and subsequent overloading of the front tires while keeping the rear tires in contact ultimately preventing the car form becoming unsettled. The controller operates to keep the car flat during aggressive cornering to adjust each shock individually to maintain maximum tire contact patch keeping the car stable.

Some have stated it sounds too complex to utilize and customize the calibration tables. Keep in mind Mike Levitas/DSC/TPC Racing has spent countless hours at the track in his C7Z developing the calibration tables. I'm a pretty accomplished racer and don't see a need for customizing. Mike is one of the best at car setup and I know I don't have the skill/talent to modify the tables to get better than what he provides. It's not difficult to customize the calibration tables but I have no need to alter his work as it's fantastic as delivered. If you do get in and play around with changes it's easy to reset to the standard tables that are provided from Mike.

Those interested should do a search for posts made by Mike under the username: DSC Sport

Mike's wrote a good number of technical posts in various threads explaining the technical aspects of the controller and how it functions. So, so much more than the rudimentary approach utilized by GM. GM has barely scratched the surface of exploiting the true capabilities of the magnetic shocks.

I truly feel it is by far the best bang for your modification that can be done to a C7 with magnetic shocks.

Also, the provided calibration tables work with all C7 variation such as Z51, GS, Z06 FE6 and Z07 FE7 cars.

Rick

Last edited by rikhek; 01-04-2017 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:53 AM
Adam Silver05
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mulalleybs
seen a few people reporting around 2 seconds a lap at various tracks.
Has anybody who runs consistent quarter mile times stated how much advantage they gained with the controller in the quarter mile?

Is the DSC more effective (or work better) with M7 or A8?
Old 01-05-2017, 01:16 AM
HPT
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 72 Posts

This is one of the mods I'm really looking forward to once I take delivery. A close friend has one on his 911 Turbo and loves it. As awesome as the custom tuning is, I like the fact that it offers drastic improvements as a plug-n-play solution as well.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:03 AM
MacManInfi
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

I think one of the coolest things about the unit is the ability to easily update the setup. Over time as more people use it, it's just going to get better and better and if you're really hard core, you can have different configs for different tracks.

Don't forget that the dsc calibration file can be shared so if anyone comes up with a good drag racing tune, it can be shared with others or the table values can be posted and manually copied over.

Personally, I am interested in making the touring mode even more cushy. Just haven't had the time yet to run my USB cable so I am still running the latest official DSC files. That said, it's still an improvement over stock and we'll worth my money. 😁
Old 01-05-2017, 07:21 AM
cvp33
Melting Slicks

Received 1,050 Likes on 660 Posts

Come spring I'm making a trip to MD. Assuming DSC does installs and tutorials for dummies? Cuz' I are one.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:02 AM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 730 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by rikhek
A number of questions, comments and misstatements have been posted about the DSC Controller. Here's answers to some and clarification on others.

Installation of the DSC controller is Plug-and-Play with direct integration with the OEM console mounted **** and button used to change shock settings and turn active handling and TC on and off. You simply rotate the **** or push the button as with the OEM controller to change settings. The only way anybody would know the DSC controller is installed is if you tell them. No hand held controller and don't know where that came from.

Installation is done by removing 3 screws and one bolt to remove the front left splash guard and reach in behind the fender liner. Remove OEM box and plug in DSC box. You don't have to remove the wheel or jack the car. Just turn wheel to the left to give some room to access. Took me 20 minutes to install.

A mini USB port is integral to the box. You run a USB cable from the box through an existing hole/grommet in the firewall just above the left of the clutch pedal. I coiled the cable and hang on the OBD port to keep it out of the way when not using. The unit also has Wi-Fi capability but the Wi-Fi functionality is undergoing final testing before releasing this feature. I don't imagine I'll use the Wi-Fi as a wired connection is always better than Wi-Fi when transmitting data files. Not really hard to plug the USB cable into your laptop.

I STRONGLY recommend those interested check out the mini tutorial post provided in the link below. The tutorial just scratches the surface of the unit's capabilities and data acquired to change shock action/reaction to the MANY performance data points analyzed to offer near real time action/reaction of each shock individually.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-tutorial.html

For example, it's amazing experiencing how under threshold braking the data acquired instantly firms up front shock compression while slowing down rear shock rebound to prevent the front of the car from diving. It keeps the car flat and prevents weight transfer to the front and subsequent overloading of the front tires while keeping the rear tires in contact ultimately preventing the car form becoming unsettled. The controller operates to keep the car flat during aggressive cornering to adjust each shock individually to maintain maximum tire contact patch keeping the car stable.

Some have stated it sounds too complex to utilize and customize the calibration tables. Keep in mind Mike Levitas/DSC/TPC Racing has spent countless hours at the track in his C7Z developing the calibration tables. I'm a pretty accomplished racer and don't see a need for customizing. Mike is one of the best at car setup and I know I don't have the skill/talent to modify the tables to get better than what he provides. It's not difficult to customize the calibration tables but I have no need to alter his work as it's fantastic as delivered. If you do get in and play around with changes it's easy to reset to the standard tables that are provided from Mike.

Those interested should do a search for posts made by Mike under the username: DSC Sport

Mike's wrote a good number of technical posts in various threads explaining the technical aspects of the controller and how it functions. So, so much more than the rudimentary approach utilized by GM. GM has barely scratched the surface of exploiting the true capabilities of the magnetic shocks.

I truly feel it is by far the best bang for your modification that can be done to a C7 with magnetic shocks.

Also, the provided calibration tables work with all C7 variation such as Z51, GS, Z06 FE6 and Z07 FE7 cars.

Rick
Damn you Rick, now I'm going to have to buy one of these before track season this year! lol

Btw, Heartland Park has been totally repaved and the KC Porsche club has an HPDE there next April. Come on up and play!

Bish
Old 01-05-2017, 11:36 AM
mdz06vetter
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 90 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by cvp33
Come spring I'm making a trip to MD. Assuming DSC does installs and tutorials for dummies? Cuz' I are one.
Yepper, just let Mike know you will be there for the install to make sure they have controllers in stock. Was there last Friday to have the install done on my C7R
cvp33 (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 12:36 PM
Chrjones2
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 38 Posts

So if i am reading this correctly, the DSC sport shock controller should allow me to put the power better down on the street along with their provided street alignment settings?

If so i will buy one ASAP!
Old 01-05-2017, 01:26 PM
K B Vettin
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

i have DSC tractive setup on my Gen V viper (13k miles with it) and it's a game changer, I love it. anyone on the fence should definitely try it.
Old 01-05-2017, 05:10 PM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 726 Likes on 479 Posts

Out of stock. How long is the wait for these things?
Old 01-05-2017, 07:38 PM
fleming23
Melting Slicks

Received 594 Likes on 408 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C3 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Have you checked with Smitty/Ridetech?

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1593801475
spearfish25 (01-05-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 01:47 AM
MacManInfi
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 48 Posts

Btw, another DSC owner turned me on to this: DSC Track Wet mode is the smoothest ride on the street, smoother than the DSC touring mode - like Cadillac smooth.

I'm so stoked. I've been wanting to eliminate the small road bumps from touring mode and was hoping I could tune it out. Now I know for sure that you can. I'm in love with the DSC unit!!!

Gonna get my cable run (couldn't today because of the rain) so I can mimic the race wet shock settings in Touring mode.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:00 AM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

I can tell you from DSCsport we are proud of the Dealer core we have built with the C7 market. Coming from drivers seat and being a racer most of my life I am truly excited and lucky at the prospect of having LG join DSCsport. DSCsport is proud that we are represented by dealers and distributors that are at the top of their game always looking at the future.

Originally Posted by Anthony @ LGMotorsports
I had a long talk with them during the holidays and will have LG setup to carry them as well as develop our own "tunes" for the shocks. Looks very promising and from the customer feed back it seems like a very well done product.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:24 AM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

Thank you so much for purchasing our DSC controller for the C7. I have worked so hard to deliver my best effort I have been working on development now for almost 8 years. With the C7 were able to game on with our knowledge from the other platforms. The C7 has so many incredible features and I am so proud of an industry first velocity control and the PTM mode and our exclusive holeless Gtable are responsible for the ride quality and unmatched performance. There are no compromises.
I am working on a user manual we are 90% complete and will be releasing the manual with a new user interface software suite that will have all the proper descriptors. If you need any help you can always get me at the race shop or email me your pdts file. Im happy to make any changes for you and email it back. ill also be releasing the new launch and traction adder feature its done. DSC ecu can either be sent in or better yet we have written our own bootloader and have a client installer and will be hosting the new firmware on our site. as well as all the tuning files. Thanks again to all that have been involved in DSC and a special thanks to the incredible dealer network and their added value.
all C7 controllers shipped have a wifi feature that we will have an update for with security features.

Originally Posted by MacManInfi
Btw, another DSC owner turned me on to this: DSC Track Wet mode is the smoothest ride on the street, smoother than the DSC touring mode - like Cadillac smooth.

I'm so stoked. I've been wanting to eliminate the small road bumps from touring mode and was hoping I could tune it out. Now I know for sure that you can. I'm in love with the DSC unit!!!

Gonna get my cable run (couldn't today because of the rain) so I can mimic the race wet shock settings in Touring mode.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:29 AM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

There is no wait I know Ridetech has controllers in stock and you may want to check with Katech as well as they are both stocking distributors and have added incredibly to the DSC name and brand.
Never worry about support that is why I am so proud of our dealer affiliations and DSC is always there to support and stand 100% behind our dealers

Get notified of new replies

To DSC Sport Shock Controller observations

Old 01-06-2017, 08:38 AM
0DSC Sport
Former Vendor

DSC does do installs and will always do them as well as alignments and setup on the chassis we pride ourselves as a race shop. As far as tutorial we are always glad to help that is how we learn the more we listen to questions the more we learn. I also am free with setup and training for other shops. attention to detail in the chassis is vital to performance.
Thanks

Originally Posted by cvp33
Old 01-06-2017, 09:53 AM
cvp33
Melting Slicks

Received 1,050 Likes on 660 Posts

In for both. I'll see you soon.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:58 AM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
DSC does do installs and will always do them as well as alignments and setup on the chassis we pride ourselves as a race shop. As far as tutorial we are always glad to help that is how we learn the more we listen to questions the more we learn. I also am free with setup and training for other shops. attention to detail in the chassis is vital to performance.
Thanks
When do you think we will see the firmware/software update with the launch setting and wifi?

My DSC controller is sitting on my desk waiting for install pending wifi/not wanting to run a USB cable.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DSC Sport Shock Controller observations