C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Nitto.05r very impressed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 05:19 PM
DP RS
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

[QUOTE=Davidryan1987;1593895996]
Originally Posted by REDHULK

Non Run Flats?

I Have The Same Nitto Drag Radial As You In The Back With Michelin ZP Run Flats In The Front But The Car Is Unstable As Hell.

I Bought Some New Front Rims And Some Nitto Non Run Flats For The From Hoping That Will Help.
In a straight line? What is your RWHP?

I've got the NT 05s in 345/30/19 in the rear and the stock run flats up front. No issues thus far but mine is only street driven.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:24 PM
REDHULK
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=Davidryan1987;1593895996]

Non Run Flats?

I Have The Same Nitto Drag Radial As You In The Back With Michelin ZP Run Flats In The Front But The Car Is Unstable As Hell.

I Bought Some New Front Rims And Some Nitto Non Run Flats For The From Hoping That Will Help.
I HAD THAT SAME ISSUE WITH THE MICKEY THOMPSON TIRES, WERE ALL OVER THE PLACE, LAST NIGHT I DROVE IT AND THEY FELT AMAZING, YES I HAVE THE STOCK RUN FLATS ON THE FRONT , IVE HEARD GETTING RID OF THE RUN FLATS HELPS BUT LAST NIGHT IT FELT GREAT, I WILL DRIVE IT MORE THIS WEEKEND IF THE RAIN STOPS BUT SO FAR VERY GOOD, VERY HAPPY WITH HOW IT FELT, AND IM VERY SENSATIVE TO TIRES SO GOOD SO FAR
Old 01-18-2017, 05:26 PM
REDHULK
Instructor

Originally Posted by dfwz06
haha. Be careful on here. So many haters that think the michelin is the only tire for this car.

Nt05r is the best all round performance tire!
Congrats and nice looking car.

Nitto needs to make that tire in a 345/30r20
i agree, thanks brotha
Old 01-18-2017, 05:27 PM
Davidryan1987
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=DP RS;1593896049]
Originally Posted by Davidryan1987

In a straight line? What is your RWHP?

I've got the NT 05s in 345/30/19 in the rear and the stock run flats up front. No issues thus far but mine is only street driven.

Yes In A Straight Line.

The Car Is A Stock 2016 Zo6 With Throttle Body And CIA.

The Car Feels Very Unstable Downright Scary At High Speeds. I Am Hoping That The New Non Run Flat Tires Up Front Will Help.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:11 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

I've run the NT05R's in 345-30-19 on my 11 GS and now my 16 Z06 with both RFats and non-runflats and they have been awesome. I'm at approximately 675 rwhp now, but the torque is about 700 and that's what matters on the street with real street driven cars. The best advice on them is to keep the pressure around 35psi and they are even great in the rain as long as you use the weather mode. I also have been running the Kuhmo ACR'S at the Optima events and driving them on the street as well. They are much better than the PSS's. And I get the 355's for the rears. They only scrub just a bit on the right side if I have any additional weight in the back or hit a bridge gap above 70mph. The Kumho's are 19's as well. I really like them much better than the Michelin's. I haven't had an opportunity to try the Kuhmo's on the drag strip yet, but they really hook good on the street. My PSS's feel like they do in the rain. I can spin them at will in any gear. JMHO

Last edited by Thomasmoto; 01-18-2017 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:24 PM
REDHULK
Instructor

Originally Posted by thomasmoto
i've run the nt05r's in 345-30-19 on my 11 gs and now my 16 z06 with both rfats and non-runflats and they have been awesome. I'm at approximately 675 rwhp now, but the torque is about 700 and that's what matters on the street with real street driven cars. The best advice on them is to keep the pressure around 35psi and they are even great in the rain as long as you use the weather mode. I also have been running the kuhmo acr's at the optima events and driving them on the street as well. They are much better than the pss's. And i get the 355's for the rears. They only scrub just a bit on the right side if i have any additional weight in the back or hit a bridge gap above 70mph. The kumho's are 19's as well. I really like them much better than the michelin's. I haven't had an opportunity to try the kuhmo's on the drag strip yet, but they really hook good on the street. My pss's feel like they do in the rain. I can spin them at will in any gear. Jmho
35psi in the front right? Im running 23 psi in the rear with my nittos and 30psi in the front with my mich sports run flats
Old 01-19-2017, 12:27 AM
Kerviper
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

35psi in the front right? Im running 23 psi in the rear with my nittos and 30psi in the front with my mich sports run flats

FYI my response from Nitto on pressures and temperatures:

"The optimum operating temperature for the NT05R is between 160 and220 degrees F. This is typically measured after the burnout and at three pointsacross the tread; inside, center and outside of the tire. Please do be sure toroll completely out of the water box before performing your burnout. If youwere to perform the burnout while in the water box, you may have water splashinto the wheel well and then drip onto your tires before launch.

If you have not foundthe optimum tire pressures for track use, we recommend starting at 20 psi andlowering the air pressure in 0.5 psi increments. We recommend you stop reducingthe tire pressure when you reach 15 psi or experience rim slip. Also, aftertrack use, please be sure to bring your tire pressures back up to the appropriatetire pressure for street use."

If you do any hard cornering at the low pressure you will feel the instability. I general run my pressure around 30 to door sticker on the street. I'm in PA so cornering roads come up every drive, I make sure of that.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:24 AM
REDHULK
Instructor

Originally Posted by kerviper
fyi my response from nitto on pressures and temperatures:

"the optimum operating temperature for the nt05r is between 160 and220 degrees f. This is typically measured after the burnout and at three pointsacross the tread; inside, center and outside of the tire. Please do be sure toroll completely out of the water box before performing your burnout. If youwere to perform the burnout while in the water box, you may have water splashinto the wheel well and then drip onto your tires before launch.

if you have not foundthe optimum tire pressures for track use, we recommend starting at 20 psi andlowering the air pressure in 0.5 psi increments. We recommend you stop reducingthe tire pressure when you reach 15 psi or experience rim slip. Also, aftertrack use, please be sure to bring your tire pressures back up to the appropriatetire pressure for street use."

if you do any hard cornering at the low pressure you will feel the instability. I general run my pressure around 30 to door sticker on the street. I'm in pa so cornering roads come up every drive, i make sure of that.
so basicly run 20psi for quarter mile and half mile? And 30 psi for the street, im going to do a run at 23 psi up to 160mph just so i know what to expect when i do half mile but then run 30psi on the street for now on , thank you
Old 01-19-2017, 10:54 AM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

I don't think it is very wise to do a top speed event with low tire pressure.

Can you post a profile pic of the tires on your car? I have a set of 18/19's that I need new skins for. I want to fill the wheel well as much as possible so it doesn't look like a 4x4.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:55 AM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Received 328 Likes on 232 Posts

2016 c7 z06 with 670rwhp and 735rwtq so my stock pilot sports would only hook in 3rd gear and even in 3rd would spin a bit, i first got a set of mickey thompson et/ss drag radials and at 70mph vehicle started hopping and vibrating, at 120mph i thought the car was going to explode, they took them back, warrantied them and i ordered a new set 335/25/20, they told me there was in issue and they were on back order, so then friday i was told they stopped production for now on those tires. So per alot of peoples recs i ordered 345/30/19 nitto 05r drag radials and got a set of replica 19's from mike at norcalss, lets just say they hook in every gear, even first gear the car hooks and goes. Wow, now that i can truly appreciate the power this car has and they feel like stock tires are on the car. Now it was dark last night and alot of traffic so i only got up to about 100mph but they felt great. Very happy with my 19 nitto set up. They are awesome!!
my name is Tony but close enough lol.

I've sold many of these wheels and nittos have been great.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:59 AM
REDHULK
Instructor

[QUOTE=NORCAL-SS;1593900938]my name is Tony but close enough lol.

I've sold many of these wheels and nittos have been great.[/QUOTE
TONY!!! SORRY BRO,MY BAD, IM USUALLY GOOD WITH NAMES, ANYWAYS GUYS THE WHEELS ARE SPOT ON , VERY HAPPY
Old 01-19-2017, 12:00 PM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Received 328 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by NORCAL-SS
my name is Tony but close enough lol.

I've sold many of these wheels and nittos have been great.

Wheels are 550 shipped on my store page

http://c7z06owners.com/store/z06-street/drag-wheels/19x12-gloss-black-rear-z06-drag-wheels.html

Old 01-19-2017, 12:01 PM
REDHULK
Instructor

Originally Posted by speedforhire
i don't think it is very wise to do a top speed event with low tire pressure.

Can you post a profile pic of the tires on your car? I have a set of 18/19's that i need new skins for. I want to fill the wheel well as much as possible so it doesn't look like a 4x4. :d
i did earlier on this post, look back
Old 01-19-2017, 12:03 PM
REDHULK
Instructor

Originally Posted by thomasmoto
i've run the nt05r's in 345-30-19 on my 11 gs and now my 16 z06 with both rfats and non-runflats and they have been awesome. I'm at approximately 675 rwhp now, but the torque is about 700 and that's what matters on the street with real street driven cars. The best advice on them is to keep the pressure around 35psi and they are even great in the rain as long as you use the weather mode. I also have been running the kuhmo acr's at the optima events and driving them on the street as well. They are much better than the pss's. And i get the 355's for the rears. They only scrub just a bit on the right side if i have any additional weight in the back or hit a bridge gap above 70mph. The kumho's are 19's as well. I really like them much better than the michelin's. I haven't had an opportunity to try the kuhmo's on the drag strip yet, but they really hook good on the street. My pss's feel like they do in the rain. I can spin them at will in any gear. Jmho
what pressure do you run on the street and what pressure would you recommend for a half mile event ?
Old 01-19-2017, 12:10 PM
Speedforhire
Melting Slicks

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

i did earlier on this post, look back
Your car still looks like a 4x4. I assume it's not lowered?

Here's mine lowered fully (on stock bolts) with oem wheels/tires. It's still looks too high in the rear.

NORCAL's pic is spot on! The NITTO setup fills the fender well nicely.

Last edited by Speedforhire; 01-19-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:12 PM
REDHULK
Instructor

Originally Posted by speedforhire
your car still looks like a 4x4. I assume it's not lowered?

Here's mine lowered fully (on stock bolts) with oem wheels/tires. It's still looks too high in the rear.

norcal's pic is spot on! The nitto setup fills the fender well nicely.

mine is also lowered by just the factory bolts and i think it looks good, not like the stock 4x4 set up , lol
Old 01-19-2017, 02:14 PM
REDHULK
Instructor

Originally Posted by norcal-ss
wheels are 550 shipped on my store page

http://c7z06owners.com/store/z06-str...ag-wheels.html

hey brotha what pressure you run on the nitto5r? I was told drag and half mile 23-24psi and street 30psi, what do you like?

Get notified of new replies

To Nitto.05r very impressed!!!!

Old 01-23-2017, 02:36 PM
Chrjones2
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 38 Posts

With a stock z06 on the street, can you got WOT in first gear and hook with NT05R out back?
Old 01-23-2017, 06:44 PM
Is2scooby
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrjones2
With a stock z06 on the street, can you got WOT in first gear and hook with NT05R out back?
With a CAI, not on any roads that I tried. Note: That was without a burnout. Not sure what would happen on the street after a nice long smoky burnout, but that's rarely practical so I never tried it.
The following users liked this post:
Chrjones2 (01-23-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 08:05 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrjones2
I haven't had much chance with the Nittos before it got cold here, but with the MTs I could do exactly that (stock setup, launch from a standstill with no spinning on a public road, run about a 3.2 to 60).

With the Nittos I was unable, but it was colder out. I won't be able to fairly compare until the summer I don't think.

The MTs hooked great. They just liked to steer for me, which the Nittos show less propensity for.

Last edited by davepl; 01-23-2017 at 08:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Chrjones2 (01-23-2017)

Quick Reply: Nitto.05r very impressed!!!!