C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Norcal Cat Delete Kit Z06

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 04:44 PM
NinjaZX14r
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Norcal Cat Delete Kit Z06

Just received mine from Tony via Fed X arrived 24 hours sooner than expected, opened it in front of FedX driver, Pipes were exceptionally well packaged, and separated from each other to prevent scratching/damage.

This Cat Delete Kit is a work of art!!!!!! 3' stainless steel, mandrel bent and only one outside pipe weld exceptionally clean welding. Inside burrs from weld and rough edges were all nicely ground smooth for airflow.

Will mount system Friday morning, also will install 4 Stainless Steel Blox Racing Cel Fix - (Check Engine light Eliminator Adapters) into the threaded receptacles, hopefully these will eliminate any check engine lights.

Any forum member wanting a first class state of the art system for your Vette should consider getting one from Tony. He has spent lots of time getting this into production and QC, and every day waiting for the last several months has been very well worth it!

I have not seen the workmanship and craftsmanship that has been put into producing these kits anywhere else, so it only costs 10% to go first class......and am extremely proud to be installing this kit on my Z06

Will advise via another forum entry Friday on how they sound and perform...they will flow into a Corsa X pipe I also received from Tony, and empty into the Corsa Extreme rear mufflers.

Standby for more good news!!!!!!

Ninja
The following 2 users liked this post by NinjaZX14r:
tracer3030 (01-20-2017), VictorBarron (01-18-2017)
Old 01-18-2017, 04:50 PM
VictorBarron
Drifting

Received 375 Likes on 264 Posts

I am dying to find out how the mini cats do. I plan on ordering a set of pipes from Tony.

Last edited by VictorBarron; 01-18-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:06 PM
Dfwz06
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 111 Posts

Good deal. Keep us posted on the install with plenty of pics
Old 01-18-2017, 05:10 PM
Jimmyz28
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Is there a picture of this product anywhere?
Old 01-18-2017, 08:49 PM
NinjaZX14r
Pro

Default Cat Delete kit

Originally Posted by Jimmyz28
Is there a picture of this product anywhere?
Certainly there are several pics herein...just search Cat Delete Kit and find Vendor Norcal and view next to last page for the finished product.

Excellent pics, mine delivered today looks exactly like the one herein.

NW
The following users liked this post:
Jimmyz28 (01-18-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 02:36 AM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 476 Likes on 278 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

I have the corsa x pipe as well as the extremes. Im looking forward to your findings. Im ready to pull the trigger if all goes well
The following users liked this post:
VictorBarron (01-19-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 02:06 AM
tracer3030
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

My set came today. Ninja said it all! Thank you!
Old 01-20-2017, 02:14 AM
gymdoc
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by NinjaZX14r
Just received mine from Tony via Fed X arrived 24 hours sooner than expected, opened it in front of FedX driver, Pipes were exceptionally well packaged, and separated from each other to prevent scratching/damage.

This Cat Delete Kit is a work of art!!!!!!
pictures??
Old 01-20-2017, 02:42 PM
NinjaZX14r
Pro

Default Norcal Cat Delete Kit Installation info and testing....

Ok guys, here it is.........

First my recommendation is install this kit ONLY on a lift!! If you try to do it with jack stands in your garage....you will be there all day and very sore at the end of the day!

On the lift at 0900 off the lift at 12:25 pm, longer than expected for a couple of fitting issues due to having 7 speed tranny instead of automatic transmisison, unforseen by Tony and Company.

Had to loosen 4 engine mount molts.....(very easy and quick) 3/4 inch and raise engine 3/4" to allow sufficient clearance room to remove right Stock Cat Pipe. The left Stock Cat Pipe was a non-issue.

Discussed with Tony, moving two rear bongs on both pipes over 1/2" to allow clearance for replacing stock 02 sensors. The Automatic transmission Z06 would have been a non-issue, Tony was immediately advised and immediately instituted the fix for all customers of this delete kit and posted so on our site here.

Again, the workmanship, quality of welds is unbelievable and anyone purchasing his kit will be extremely happy with it, the only way to make it better is to order his Corsa X pipe at the same time for a complete package front to back. I installed mine in February last year with Corsa Extreme mufflers....wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEADERS NOT NECESSARY FOR THIS CAT DELETE KIT! Tony has stipulated this fact several times in his forum postings to save money and only pick up about 4-5 HP, the cost increase is NOT worth the time to install headers, or the extra expense. The stock manifold is very open and flows extremely well and looks stock from inside engine compartment.

I also installed 4 Blox Racing BXFL-00108 Fix Check Engine Light Eliminator adapters, Sensor (25282676193).

Was hoping these would eliminate engine light from coming on. They did not! I also used a cutting wheel and removed the last 1/2" tip from the end of the sensors for more exposure inside the adapters hoping it would help with eliminating engine light from showing up on insturument panel....they did not work as planned. Will attempt to make it go away in the next several days.

When firing up for the first time, all engine exhaust sounds go out the back, and I did not or do not hear any HEADER type sounds coming from under my feet or engine compartment like you do with headers.

Engine temperatures on the way home remained unchanged 195 degrees, oil pressure at normal 30 pounds when warmed up.

Here was a significant change....engine rpm at idle dropped from 800 rpm stock to 600 rpm at idle!! I am assuming the lack of back pressure caused by the internal cat allow more free flowing of gasses and actually reduced normal idle rpm.

Test drive........be sure seat belt is firmly tight. Was in moderate traffic but did get a bit of 3rd and 4th gear.......unbelievable INSANITY is the way I want to post herein!! Not much scares or impresses me.....there is NO need for any more modifications or power upgrades on this Vette! It sounds bad *** when fired up cold til it settles down a bit warming up to a nice idle. All the exhaust sounds as far as I can tell go out the back....no exhaust sounds up front or mid point in the car whatsoever.......now it sounds like a Corvette!! Heads will turn and you will get lots of stares if you are briskly accelerating!

This Cat delete kit, and a Corsa X pipe are the two most significant upgrades any owner of a Z06 can install if he wants more performance and exhaust note!!

Tony has really provided a unique quality product that a Z06 owner can easily install, and get what he wants in increased performance without going to the poor house for an upgraded Header system.

I took lots of cell phone pics of my installation, but for some reason can't post herein. So, any members wanting to see them, send me your cell number and can text you a few upon request.

Now we need rear tires wide enough to handle all this power cause I can't seem to hook up the rear til about 80 mph!

Just wanted to post this installation summary so you have a hands-on review of my purchase....installation, and testing synopsis of this newly released product.

Tony has outdone himself...several months in the making, it has paid off and I could not be a happier customer or user!

Remember what I said.......INSANITY is what I felt in 3rd and 4th gear when I got hooked up....did not have a chance yet to go faster...ran out of highway.....

Thank you Tony!!

Ninja
Old 01-20-2017, 05:22 PM
Arctic Blastoff
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

How was stealth mode?
Old 01-20-2017, 05:27 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,504 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Question guys. Those that have lost their cats. Do you have terrible exhaust smell now? And have you changed your cam? Thanks.
David

Last edited by Thomasmoto; 01-20-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:49 PM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Received 328 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomasmoto
Question guys. Those that have lost their cars. Do you have terrible exhaust smell now? And have you changed your cam? Thanks.
David
on stock cam it's fine. Any cam with chop will stink more.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:56 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,504 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Default cat delete

Originally Posted by NORCAL-SS
on stock cam it's fine. Any cam with chop will stink more.
Thanks Norcal-SS I was expecting some difference, but it is substantial. My cam isn't really that "big", but it made a huge improvement in power and torque.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:06 PM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

Not really substantial depends on the cam. If you have major chop and smell it with stock exhaust you will smell it more with no cats
Old 01-20-2017, 07:19 PM
NinjaZX14r
Pro

Default Stealth mode

Originally Posted by Arctic Blastoff
How was stealth mode?

Stealth Mode is when the engine is OFF!

NW
Old 01-20-2017, 07:22 PM
NinjaZX14r
Pro

I have NOT smelled any exhaust fumes yet, only drove it about 40 miles so far after todays installation.....so far the only negative is my engine light on the panel, and we all knew that could be an issue with this install.

But remember, in order to get something...sometimes you must give up something. So, maybe I can figure how to make this light go away without monkeying with the stock computer.

NW
Old 01-20-2017, 07:39 PM
ACS55
Pro

Received 240 Likes on 147 Posts

I hear that these will fix your CEL problem.

Get notified of new replies

To Norcal Cat Delete Kit Z06

Old 01-20-2017, 09:29 PM
NinjaZX14r
Pro

Default 02 Cat Sensor Cel Fix

Originally Posted by ACS55
I hear that these will fix your CEL problem.

Ok I installed 4 of these in mine today...did NOT work, have engine light, however, Tony installed this same set in his, but don't know if they worked in his Vette..may check with him on this product, if it did work, then I will order them, so far I spent $36.00 on the ones I posted and did not work.

NW
Old 01-20-2017, 09:56 PM
0NORCAL-SS
Former Vendor

I had my car tuned but I used the big daddies on the one I cut the cats off of and no issues
Old 01-20-2017, 11:03 PM
Arctic Blastoff
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by NinjaZX14r
Stealth Mode is when the engine is OFF!

NW
Is there a noticeable difference in modes?Is stealth mode comparable to track mode with the cats or louder?

Quick Reply: Norcal Cat Delete Kit Z06