C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Help configuring specific instrument display

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 03:56 PM
Darkvet
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry M
Your car I should white, chemically proven to be the fastest color
Lmao!
Old 02-24-2017, 04:01 PM
Darkvet
Racer

Nav tool!

http://www.navtool.com/chevrolet-cor...-category.aspx
Old 02-24-2017, 06:33 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkvet
Can you interact with it at all on the screen or is it just screen-mirroring what's on the phone?

How do you like it? Is it worth the $300 discounted price?
Old 02-25-2017, 12:28 AM
Drew27
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
Can you interact with it at all on the screen or is it just screen-mirroring what's on the phone?

How do you like it? Is it worth the $300 discounted price?
I like it .

It has 4 inputs for cameras.
I have a front camera I can turn on all the time, a rear facing camera I can put on constant.

I'm working on putting a 360* camera on so I can get all views out on the road. Also locating a video logger system for it.

can only control through phone.

I put an old Samsung s5 in center console and leave there to run my apps.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:36 PM
Vyper340
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Does Waze have the input ability on the car screen like on the phone?
Old 02-27-2017, 07:05 PM
pelotonracer2
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by jaden61
When you change the settings using the steering wheel, it will remain there no matter where you set the turn dial. It will no longer be "link to drive mode"
Awesome, thanks!
Old 02-27-2017, 07:10 PM
pelotonracer2
Racer

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
With the Z06 the Touring Display is the only one that you can get all of the gauges on. Everything else is missing Coolant Temp. Since they are digital Vs analog they are also easier to read.

Use the Tach in the HUD it is easier to see and has very visible flashing shift warning/shift lights. I like the bar graph setting best as it spreads the tach over a larger length making it easier to see at a quick glance. Anything down on the IP takes to long to look, eyes to focus, look up and eyes to focus again. At over 100 mph with other cars on the track running slower/faster you need to pay attention to what they are doing/signaling versus having your eyes looking in the wrong place.

Bill
That is true, however for just normal driving, I prefer the dash/tach of "sport mode" probably because I am most used to it. I will play around with it when I get my car back from 21st Century Musclecars tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:17 PM
pelotonracer2
Racer

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
With the Z06 the Touring Display is the only one that you can get all of the gauges on. Everything else is missing Coolant Temp. Since they are digital Vs analog they are also easier to read.

Use the Tach in the HUD it is easier to see and has very visible flashing shift warning/shift lights. I like the bar graph setting best as it spreads the tach over a larger length making it easier to see at a quick glance. Anything down on the IP takes to long to look, eyes to focus, look up and eyes to focus again. At over 100 mph with other cars on the track running slower/faster you need to pay attention to what they are doing/signaling versus having your eyes looking in the wrong place.

Bill
EDIT: I guess the Touring one will work. I just don't like the track mode tach layout. I really do prefer the digital gauges on the right. Thanks for letting us know how to change that. I couldn't find anything in the owners manual on how to do that. :-)

Last edited by pelotonracer2; 02-27-2017 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:13 PM
DSOMDream
Burning Brakes

Received 226 Likes on 166 Posts

I have brought my car into the dealer for 2 oil changes and each time , I've lost this gauge setting. Paul
Old 02-27-2017, 10:39 PM
nvydvr
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Drew27

Navtool....I also use Waze
Ok this'll probably be a stupid question but how did you get your wage to display?
Old 02-27-2017, 10:41 PM
nvydvr
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Ohhh... navtool... I got it now I thought you were busting on some tool who used to be in the Navy, hmmm... :-) before anyone gets nutty I gave over 24 years to Navy special ops so I suppose I was a tool... hahaha
Old 04-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Darkvet
Racer

It's a little different on the 17 but it worked! Thanks bill!
Old 04-09-2017, 09:26 PM
tzoid9
Drifting

Received 417 Likes on 283 Posts

I now have the display on my dash as shown in my previous post to this thread, item #2 above. Is there any easy way to toggle over to the tire pressure monitors to see what the tire pressures actually are in each of the 4 corners, or do you have to be satisfied with "OK" as show in the display I mentioned?
As a second question, which may have nothing to do with this thread, since changing my dash display as above (which I really like!), I notice that every time I start my car, the radio comes on. I rarely listen to the radio (it's most often turned off), so this is a bit annoying. Did I bump some setting or switch (whatever!) to cause this problem, or is it normal or standard with this display? Thanks for the help!
Old 04-09-2017, 11:02 PM
jetbluez06
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks to the originator of this question. I got my car out today for the drive of spring and somehow my display was stuck in sport no matter what drive mode I was in. I have no idea how it got that way and I was pissed I couldn't get it back. Thank to this question and the great step by step from Bill I went right out to the garage and got it fixed in about 30 seconds. Got to love the forum. Thanks guys

Quick Reply: Help configuring specific instrument display