C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Line lock

Old 02-25-2017, 09:21 PM
CONMAX
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Default Line lock

I need a line lock for my 2015 to do better, safer burnouts at the drags.

Have any of you drag racers tried this on a C7 Z? would appreciate any pros, cons and install info.

Also, since the 17 ZL1 come with this feature, can it be adapted to the Z06? I except it is controlled by the ECU and not compatible with the C7. May be a great feature to add by tuner that would give them an advantage over others.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:52 PM
fdny-l107
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CONMAX

Have any of you drag racers tried this on a C7 Z? would appreciate any pros, cons and install info.

Also, since the 17 ZL1 come with this feature, can it be adapted to the Z06? I except it is controlled by the ECU and not compatible with the C7. May be a great feature to add by tuner that would give them an advantage over others.
I am having Race Proven Motorsports install an RSD Line Loc system on my 16 Z06. It is supposed to be the cleanest installation and one of the only ones currently available. There is no splicing into any lines.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:02 AM
jabeasley1
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 124 Posts

Please let me know how the install goes. I am interested in a line lock myself.
Old 02-27-2017, 01:34 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 775 Likes on 504 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

I was going to install one on my car, but found that it's pretty easy to do one without it.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:19 PM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by subfloor@centurytrans
I was going to install one on my car, but found that it's pretty easy to do one without it.

Below is a link to a "Remote Control" line lock that I engineered which was a very clean & minimal install without running any wires into the cabin of the car or really altering the OEM setup, so it could be returned to stock. You really only need to buy a line lock solenoid (Summit/Jegs) and some parts. However I did return the system to stock. Check the link out below for pics and info.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ock-today.html

Last edited by C7/Z06 Man; 02-27-2017 at 08:45 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:55 PM
CONMAX
Burning Brakes

what do you mean "do one without it?"
Old 03-01-2017, 12:07 AM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 775 Likes on 504 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

what do you mean "do one without it?"
Press and hold the center button until all the nannies are shut off, one foot on the brake and the other on the gas pushing down just enough until the rear tires break free. Hold for a few seconds until you see smoke and then roll out of the box - no line lock needed.

Takes a little practice but it's pretty easy to do.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:11 AM
CONMAX
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C7/Z06 Man

Below is a link to a "Remote Control" line lock that I engineered which was a very clean & minimal install without running any wires into the cabin of the car or really altering the OEM setup, so it could be returned to stock. You really only need to buy a line lock solenoid (Summit/Jegs) and some parts. However I did return the system to stock. Check the link out below for pics and info.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ock-today.html
I like your setup, but in the thread link it says that you bought a kit, used a B&M part, and had a left over Grand Sport remote. If all of this is required, wouldn't is best to buy a complete after market kit? I agree that yours is very clean, but maybe that could be accomplished with the complete kits as well.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:18 AM
CONMAX
Burning Brakes

Press and hold the center button until all the nannies are shut off, one foot on the brake and the other on the gas pushing down just enough until the rear tires break free. Hold for a few seconds until you see smoke and then roll out of the box - no line lock needed.

Takes a little practice but it's pretty easy to do.

This, of course, would be the easiest solution other than the ZL-1 software version. I tried the braking idea which worked pretty well until I installed the front skinnies. With the limited surface area, the car wanted to go sideways before I did a good enough burnout. Maybe I just need to refine my technique some more due to the skinnies.

This, of course, would be the easiest solution other than the ZL-1 software version. I tried the braking idea which worked pretty well until I installed the front skinnies. With the limited surface area, the car wanted to go sideways before I did a good enough burnout. Maybe I just need to refine my technique some more due to the skinnies.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:51 AM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

I like your setup, but in the thread link it says that you bought a kit, used a B&M part, and had a left over Grand Sport remote. If all of this is required, wouldn't is best to buy a complete after market kit? I agree that yours is very clean, but maybe that could be accomplished with the complete kits as well.
1) The RSD "kit" was leftover from my 2010 GS which uses a B&M line lock that I cut the ears off of and used for the C7/Z06 installation.

2) The two "remotes" (see pic) are from Amazon and not a left over Grand Sport remote.

I don't know what the no-name line locks from the mail order places are going for now but that along with some fittings/etc. and the Amazon remote control kit and you would have it.

This would be cheaper and I have found that the no-name line locks hold better then the B&M.

Last edited by C7/Z06 Man; 03-01-2017 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-24-2017, 02:35 PM
phillyphan0879
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't see anything for the remotes. Can someone post them up a link or something
Old 09-24-2017, 06:10 PM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Here is a pic that should have all the info you need on the Amazon remote control kit. Photobucket has deleted all the pics in my other thread.

C7/Z06 installation.

Last edited by C7/Z06 Man; 09-24-2017 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:42 PM
phillyphan0879
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C7/Z06 Man
Here is a pic that should have all the info you need on the Amazon remote control kit. Photobucket has deleted all the pics in my other thread.

C7/Z06 installation.

Thanks. Do​​​o you have a link?
Old 09-25-2017, 03:39 PM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Originally Posted by phillyphan0879
Thanks. Do​​​o you have a link?
No link.

Get notified of new replies

To Line lock

Search this Thread