C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Outside weather monitor

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 10:37 PM
RoyC7
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Outside weather monitor

Hey Forum Members,

My outside temperature monitor on my dash monitor isn't working. It is showing two lines and the degree symbol.

Any suggestions for my 2015 C7 w/3000 miles.

Thanks, RoyC&
Old 03-24-2017, 10:54 PM
sTz
Le Mans Master

Received 2,423 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Maybe the sensor came disconnected. It's located near the grille... Can try a battery (negative) disconnect to reset too. If neither, looks like a visit to the dealership...
Old 03-26-2017, 11:49 AM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Was the car jump started or was the battery dead or anything like that? Or was it just there one day and gone the next with nothing happening in between?
Old 03-26-2017, 04:05 PM
RoyC7
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Dave for reply. The charger from GM stopped charging this winter and battery went completely dead. Advise?
Old 03-26-2017, 05:19 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Odds are it will fix itself in a day or two, if it hasn't already. I've seen a number of cases now where a jump-started vehicle, or one where the battery went dead and was recharged, come up with partial electronics.

My son's Tahoe was missing the entire center display until a "reboot".

Have you started, driven, and stopped the car a few times? It may also have requirements for what it needs to see before it will register a temperature, like driving for a certain length of time at a certain speed. The C4 manual spelled that out, but the C7 manual doesn't seem to (or I missed it).

If you've taken it out for a freeway drive and it hasn't come back, you'll likely need to hit the dealer. But I've got a hunch it'll be OK.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:04 PM
Hotdogone
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default computer problems

When I brought this subject up I got a couple very negative responses.

But here I go again, I'll duck LOL. I had heard by the dealer among other people, That if the battery goes dead a partial or full reprogram will be necessary. after reading different posts on dead batteries I've come to the conclusion that there is merit in this subject. There are more than a few stories with "ghosts in the wiring" on here.

Now let me interject at this point I have a 96 Caprice cop car and when I have had the battery changed, there a 9 volt receptacle under the dash that they place a battery in that to maintain the computer. Seem like a good idea, no?

Chuck

Get notified of new replies

To Outside weather monitor

Quick Reply: Outside weather monitor