C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

ACS Composite purchase and discount code?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 01:10 PM
ZR-1DUDE
Drifting

Received 405 Likes on 223 Posts

Default ACS Composite purchase and discount code?

I have my ZR1 on order.

I am planning on ordering their XL mudflap front and rear and brake scoops in Hydro carbon fiber.

I am also thinking their red jacking pucks. I have some pads from my C5 now but I like the idea of having them on their all the time.

Comments?

Any others I should consider?

Do we have any discount codes?

Have a TPW date of 5/6 so I have some time.

Thanks,
D.

Last edited by ZR-1DUDE; 04-07-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 01:48 PM
GenX
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd use caution ordering these from ACS... I ordered mine on April 11th and still have yet to receive them... I've called them a few times and they continue to be on back order. They try to get me to take the flash versions but that's not what I ordered nor wanted. They sure had zero problems accepting the payment. Yet, here I am 3 months later with nothing to show for the money spent.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:27 PM
ZR-1DUDE
Drifting

I am still waiting on mine also... they tell me I should have them soon.

D.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:50 PM
deshapiro
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine came 4 days after ordering
Old 06-11-2019, 04:06 PM
ZR-1DUDE
Drifting

Originally Posted by deshapiro
Mine came 4 days after ordering
Did you get the hyrdocarbon?

D.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:08 PM
fmavett
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, last time they told me lead time 4 weeks for hydrocarbon back in March when I placed my orders, lucky I canceled 2 weeks later and went different route.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:48 PM
deshapiro
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ZR-1DUDE
Did you get the hyrdocarbon?

D.
Yes.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:55 PM
ZR-1DUDE
Drifting

Originally Posted by deshapiro
Yes.
Cool deal.

Cant wait to get mine.

D.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:25 PM
IZR1
Heel & Toe

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Ordered XL mudflap and other items on May 6th and still nothing . Yes tried to switch me to carbon black also.
I have contacted them a couple times still waiting .
Old 06-12-2019, 05:16 PM
orclubduck
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 144 Likes on 80 Posts

For what it's worth...I ordered the Hydro Carbon Fiber Start Up Kit on May 16th...received the email offer to swap to Carbon Flash Metallic on May 17. No contact since then and no shipping confirmation from ACS as the email stated...so I guess we are all waiting...except for for deshapiro who obviously cut in front of us in line...how rude!!!

Jeff

Last edited by orclubduck; 06-12-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:18 PM
IZR1
Heel & Toe

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

But they let me know they will be at Bloomington Gold . I told them I hoped to have it before then.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:43 PM
orclubduck
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

I feel you IZR1...There is a show June 30th here is Portland "Taste of Motorsports Gourmet Festival" where my Ceramic Matrix Gray ZTK ZedR1 will be in my Detail Shops Booth next to a GT2RS and a GT3RS. It would be nice to have everything buttoned up...but I'm not sweating over it. Car looks great after the Paint Correction, STEK full body wrap and a Modesta Nano-coating.

Jeff
Old 06-12-2019, 05:53 PM
ZR-1DUDE
Drifting

Originally Posted by IZR1
But they let me know they will be at Bloomington Gold . I told them I hoped to have it before then.
I hope they ship us our product instead of selling it at Bloomington.

D.
The following users liked this post:
IZR1 (06-13-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 07:36 PM
deshapiro
Intermediate

Originally Posted by orclubduck
For what it's worth...I ordered the Hydro Carbon Fiber Start Up Kit on May 16th...received the email offer to swap to Carbon Flash Metallic on May 17. No contact since then and no shipping confirmation from ACS as the email stated...so I guess we are all waiting...except for for deshapiro who obviously cut in front of us in line...how rude!!!

Jeff
I don't even have my car yet. This is the TPW. I expect to pick it up from Les Stanford in a couple of weeks.

David
Old 06-12-2019, 07:55 PM
orclubduck
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Congrats!!

Hope you can be at the dealership when they unload your ZR1 from the truck at Les Stanford (if you are in the area)...I have the shipping cover that protected my ZR1 as it was riding the rails across the US. One perk of being there for the PDI.

Make sure they check all of your Carbon Fiber, one of my rockers and the Big @$$ Wing were damaged in my ZTK kit...that is if you went with a ZTK.

Can't wait to see some pictures of your ZR1.

Jeff

Oh yeah...and make sure you sign up for your Spring Mountain ZR1 owners school...it was a great experience for me...got to thrash around the track in GM's ZR1 instead of mine, with some other high IQ enthusiasts (they had to be since they also bought one!!). My only complaint is they had to ask me to leave after day 2...I would have preferred a week minimum.

Last edited by orclubduck; 06-12-2019 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:04 PM
deshapiro
Intermediate

I live in the Chicago area. Flying in and driving it home. Opted for a convertible, so ZTK made no sense.

David
Old 06-13-2019, 12:27 PM
0ACS Composite
Former Vendor

Received 79 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by GenX
I'd use caution ordering these from ACS... I ordered mine on April 11th and still have yet to receive them... I've called them a few times and they continue to be on back order. They try to get me to take the flash versions but that's not what I ordered nor wanted. They sure had zero problems accepting the payment. Yet, here I am 3 months later with nothing to show for the money spent.
Hi Gen, by any means, whenever placing an order of a product that is back order, we are an open book. We share what we know at that moment.

Hydro Carbon is not something we do in house, we do source it out to an OEM Coater, this implies shipping product, production runs and returns.. all this to say there are several variable. We do offer the CFZ version, and some have gone to local dippers, I understand that. We want our parts on your car as much as you do, so I understand the frustration.

At any instant you wish to cancel the order, a full refund is issued.

Get notified of new replies

To ACS Composite purchase and discount code?

Old 06-13-2019, 12:27 PM
0ACS Composite
Former Vendor

I would never do that, orders are processed in the order they come in. I would never sell a product to a customer or a show knowing there is a back order in the system.

Originally Posted by ZR-1DUDE
I hope they ship us our product instead of selling it at Bloomington.

D.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:32 PM
0ACS Composite
Former Vendor

Just to be fair, Shapiro ordered the flaps only, and not a startup kit. Hence why the flaps were shipped. First complete ship-able order in the queued list.

The startup kit includes the brake scoop cover which has been back order. We have offered customers with the startup kit to switch to a flap only kit in HCB to get it shipped earlier...

FYI, just received a confirmation, the brake scoop covers are on their way and we will begin filling Start Up Kits in HCB orders this Monday. Yes, Finally!

Originally Posted by orclubduck

Jeff
The following users liked this post:
IZR1 (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 12:49 PM
orclubduck
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for the info...looking forward to receiving my order.

It was a poor attempt at humor...no worries.

I am pleased that you offer the HCB parts...sounds like they are very popular with the ZR1 crowd...hope you sell quite a few more batches before you retool to your C8 product...I am sure you have already been provided the blueprints from GM!!

Jeff

Quick Reply: ACS Composite purchase and discount code?