Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tadge Juechter Says No Mid-Engine Corvette Zora/ZR1 Planned

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 09:58 PM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
95 MILLION people are out of work? In America?
94,366,000 Americans Not in Labor Force as Participation Rate Ticks Up in January

Originally Posted by jdhommert
Apple is up almost 18% YTD
Revenues & profit, not stock price. I'm a stockholder, FWIW.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:22 AM
vray
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Detroit Steel
Corvette Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter flat-out denied reports of an upcoming mid-engine Corvette during a recent interview on Autoline After Hours.

...and denies there are any issues with the c6z valve guides...

Last edited by vray; 02-24-2017 at 02:22 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:51 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

^^^^^

No, he didn't.
Next time, try some FACTS instead of just reading what someone says on the internet and parroting it.

Here's your answer (on this very forum). Took me ONE minute to find it:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...er-thread.html

It's the 3rd down, titled "C6 Z06 question for Tadge"

Last edited by jimmyb; 02-25-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:21 PM
OneGrand1
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Well who says they have to call it a Corvette? They may call it something different and put it above the Corvette. Chevrolet Manta Ray maybe? It could also be sold as The GM Manta Ray and be sold at Chevrolet and Cadillac. C8 might just end up as a re bodied C7.

Last edited by OneGrand1; 02-24-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:13 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Tadge is a suit not a real car guy, "Do the math" , I don't believe anything he says.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:28 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Oh, please. ^^^^^^^

Not a real "Car guy" (whatever THAT means). Who do you think helped with the C5 and C6 and designed the C7 (and is designing the C8 as we speak. How many cars have you had a hand in engineering?) As far as Tadge's believability, I suggest you do some research and show us where he has lied. Just because some guy says it on this forum doesn't make it true (see my post #44 for a PERFECT example of a guy calling Tadge a liar and then having it proven FALSE). Do yourself a favor and don't be "that guy".

The interviewers gave Tadge an out when they NAMED the mid-engine car. Had they asked: "Are you working on a mid-engine car?", then Tadge would have to say no or no comment or I can't talk about future product. When the journalists decided to show how smart they were (or thought they were), they made it easy for Tadge to reply: "I know of no such car". Semantics....perhaps, but them's the breaks.

This kind of crap really bothers me. Calling someone a liar maybe OK for politicians but it is something that should not be done with the cavalier attitude that some on this forum do it. Guess it's easier for some when hiding behind the anonymity of the internet. Still doesn't make it OK. I bet you wouldn't call Tadge a liar to his face.

Last edited by jimmyb; 02-26-2017 at 05:42 PM.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:31 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
Tadge is a suit not a real car guy, "Do the math" , I don't believe anything he says.

Wow, from a 15 year member too.
The following users liked this post:
jimmyb (02-27-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 01:06 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Wow, from a 15 year member too.
18 years on this board
7 corvettes, 2 Vipers , 3 camaros, a grand national and 3 mustangs later.... don't post that stuff in my signature it would be to long and obnoxious and still haven't reached my 40th b-day , now back onto topic... I stand by my original statement and I am not in the minority.....no big deal everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Last edited by NytmereZ; 02-27-2017 at 03:37 PM.
phantasms (02-27-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 01:37 PM
Coc5
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I would not nor do I expect him to say it would be mid-engine. Anyone who would ask him that question is silly to ask.

Last edited by Coc5; 02-27-2017 at 01:37 PM.
jimmyb (03-01-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 10:37 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

18 years on this board
7 corvettes, 2 Vipers , 3 camaros, a grand national and 3 mustangs later. I stand by my original statement and I am not in the minority.....no big deal everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Wow, 7 Corvettes! And you're right-everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

If you think that Tadge is not a "car guy" and you don't believe anything he says, in spite of that, I've got to think that he appreciates your support in your purchase of 7 Corvettes. I'm sure many of those 7 Corvettes were made and built under his watch. He has been working exclusively on Corvette for 23 years (since the C5).

Here's an article for your reading pleasure....

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/20...adge-juechter/

Z06NJ (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 05:59 PM
firstgear
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 640 Likes on 358 Posts
2019 Corvette of the Year Winner
St. Jude Donor '15

Default He just answers the question asked

just read the exact question, not the question you want it to be. He just answers the question asked....or like my old boss when asked questions by customers, he answers the question he wanted asked....he was a pro at that.
jimmyb (03-01-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 07:20 PM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,152 Likes on 514 Posts

Tadge Juechter has been the single best Chief Engineer of Corvette EVER !!! I'm surprised they have not developed a special model in his honor. They certainly will after he is gone. Under his guidance Team Corvette has transformed the car into a world class sports car regardless of price. The mere fact that he as the Chief Engineer will devote his time to answer our questions in the ASK TADGE section is amazing. No other Chief Engineer of any other sports car in the world has done that to my knowledge.

Last edited by skank; 02-28-2017 at 07:44 PM.
Steve Garrett (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 10:17 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,912 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Guys and Gals,

This thread and the interview is almost two years old. It's irrelevant.

Michael
NytmereZ (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 10:54 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by skank
Tadge Juechter has been the single best Chief Engineer of Corvette EVER !!! I'm surprised they have not developed a special model in his honor. They certainly will after he is gone. Under his guidance Team Corvette has transformed the car into a world class sports car regardless of price. The mere fact that he as the Chief Engineer will devote his time to answer our questions in the ASK TADGE section is amazing. No other Chief Engineer of any other sports car in the world has done that to my knowledge.
a special model in his honor? wow, you must be related to the man, because he has been caught with his pants down to many times for people to believe him, very few are drinking the cool-aide and aren't naive.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:02 AM
skank
Melting Slicks

^^^ Cleaned up your spelling for you....too

I've read every single Ask Tadge response to this forums questions. He has answered them as clear and concise as he can within the parameters of his corporate limitations. He has to weave through these questions yet control his comments to not expose GM to any unwarranted responsibilities. Yet he comes across with a sincere and constructive intellect that is far better than his foreign peers. Try getting a Porsche or Ferrari Chief Engineer to engage in a dialogue about one of their cars problems. NOT going to happen

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 03-01-2017 at 11:58 PM. Reason: No need to re-quote the previous post, especially if you're the next person posting.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:25 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

a special model in his honor? wow, you must be related to the man, because he has been caught with his pants down to many times for people to believe him, very few are drinking the cool-aide and aren't naive.
OK. Show me where he got "Caught with his pants down". Like the guy in this very thread that said Tadge denied the LS7 valve guide problem. And I showed him a thread, on this very forum, that proved that wrong. I don't know where the "Tadge is a liar" game came from, but it's not right, and if you are going to play it, you should at least BACK IT UP with examples of Tadge lying. If not, then you're just perpetuating "fake news" (which seems to be a hobby around here).

The Kool-Aid (that's how it's spelled, btw) drinking seems to be done by the "Tadge is a liar" brigade.
skank (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 08:33 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Originally Posted by firstgear
just read the exact question, not the question you want it to be. He just answers the question asked....or like my old boss when asked questions by customers, he answers the question he wanted asked....he was a pro at that.
+1.
The interviewers asked him about the "Zora". He said he knows of no such car....Did he lie? No, because the interviewer (trying to show how smart he is), gave the car a name (and Tadge deniability). Now, ask Tadge about a mid-engine car, and then he has to say "No or I can't discuss that", or something similar.

It's just like the 6 speed auto in the 2014. Half this forum said he lied about the 8 speed going in the Corvette later, because they didn't LISTEN to his comments way back in 2013. People, in general and especially on this forum, hear PART of an answer and then make up the rest.

When 5 Ferrari 458's caught on fire, the 458 Chief Engineer didn't go on FerrariChat and explain it. I fear there will come a time when Tadge reads all this crap and thinks to himself: "Why am I taking the time to field questions when these guys are just going to make up answers to suit their agenda"

Last edited by jimmyb; 03-01-2017 at 08:43 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Tadge Juechter Says No Mid-Engine Corvette Zora/ZR1 Planned

Old 03-01-2017, 09:07 AM
BaylorCorvette
Pro

Received 231 Likes on 127 Posts

I stand by my original statement and I am not in the minority.....no big deal everyone is entitled to their own opinion
I will say, I had two 5th gen Camaros for a while (one of them being a ZL1) and now a Corvette for a little over a year. Al Oppenheiser comes off MUCH more of a "car guy" and interested in the enthusiast. Tadge just rubs me the wrong way.

Just my observation.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:39 AM
skank
Melting Slicks

The pressure on Juechter is tenfold over Oppenheiser. The Corvette represents the cutting edge of GM tech and the Camaro usually is the recipient of that Corvette tech. I've seen Juechter at every single ALMS race at Laguna Seca that I've been to. I've also noticed that he spends an inordinate amount of time talking to the Corvette owners during those weekends. I'm sure Tadge gets bombarded with questions that could be interpreted as dumb or ignorant, yet he has answered them without making fun of the question. I've never detected any form of arrogance in his responses. Just my observation !!!

Last edited by skank; 03-01-2017 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:20 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,912 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by BaylorCorvette
I will say, I had two 5th gen Camaros for a while (one of them being a ZL1) and now a Corvette for a little over a year. Al Oppenheiser comes off MUCH more of a "car guy" and interested in the enthusiast. Tadge just rubs me the wrong way.

Just my observation.
Doesn't matter as long as the product is good. He's not running for office. Both of those car lines are exceptional.

Michael

Quick Reply: Tadge Juechter Says No Mid-Engine Corvette Zora/ZR1 Planned