Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Next Corvette a hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 08:22 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
But, in the real world, we normally have to take our cars to a service center at some point in time.

While some(a few) Tesla owners might live in close proximity to a Tesla service center, most car owners in the USA do not live next door to a Tesla service center.

I live in a fairly rural area of the country in a town of ~150,000. I don't have a Tesla dealer here in Springfield, Missouri, but I do have Cadillac, BMW, Audi, Lexus, Mercedes, Infinity, Acura, and Porsche dealers within the Springfield city limits(and a million other brands of autos also). I can get my $80,000 Z06 serviced at seven Chevrolet dealers within a 40 mile radius(three within a 10 mile radius) of my home. I can't do that with a $80,000 Tesla.

I can't imagine trying to sell(or trade in) a used Tesla here in Springfield, MO. Most people buying a used car want one that they can get serviced without shipping it around 200 miles to either Kansas City or St Louis.
It's all relative. If I lived in certain parts of South Dakota I probably wouldn't buy a Porsche, Callaway Corvette, Lambo or Ferrari either.

Where you live might play a role in purchasing decisions which extend beyond cars.

Some of your argument reminds me of the old Mac vs PC arguments from years ago.

We all know how that turned out. Apple introduced products which went well beyond personal computers. And their personal computers are still on the market and in a big way.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 04-19-2017 at 08:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
phantasms (06-13-2017)
Old 06-08-2017, 05:59 AM
Spasetrucker
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

I think the "eCorvette' will become a reality.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2017/06/...-company-logo/

Quick Reply: Next Corvette a hybrid?