JUSTAKAR
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 02-12-2008, 11:28 PM
pinkygal
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't remember why I couldn't go to LMC, but I wish I did!!

I didn't know youse guys as well that year, I was still a forum newbie, but now that I do, its even funnier.

I do think they overeacted to it, but everyone has different tolerance levels for BS. It was al in good fun and actually poking fun at each other rather than them. Brilliant if I do say so myself!
Old 02-12-2008, 11:30 PM
pinkygal
Advanced

Default Oops!!

Dangnabbit!! I just realized I'm on Pinkygal's computer!!

That previous post was ME, C O R R A D O. Yes, I AM an idiot.

Just so youse all know its me,.....

50 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 01:02 AM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

HAHA... those pics are still classic.. would be even better if I wasnt in a pic that is referring to a tranny...HAHA... wheres Mike and Manny now?? DONT PM me guys, it was just a joke
Old 02-13-2008, 06:27 AM
4GTABODT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Mississauga, Ontario Corvettes were built to be driven...not trailered
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

First, my apologies to all who felt LMC overreacted...this is not a dig at you...you are entitled to your opinion...but after reading this thread, it is clear that I may be lone wolf on this issue. I said it back then and I will say it again....I think what we did as Group was just plain wrong. Admittedly, the newspaper front page was all in good fun (afterall, we were just poking fun at ourselves as we always do) but the photoshop with the receptionist was in poor taste. Not only that but when LMC reacted, instead of trying to see things from their point of view, we compounded the issues with cries of "sensorship", "immaturity" and "cry babies"...not exactly the "high road" folks. What did you expect them to do...rollover?

And if you think I'm wimping out, thats OK...not really bothered by that...but lets try something, shall we? Send me a pic of your wife, girlfriend, or better yet, your daughter, and I will photoshop it and then post it on a board where they don't know you...then sit back and watch and the sexually charged comments come pouring in...if you still feel the same after that, then hey, what can I say...you're a better man than me, I guess.

This is not meant to start up a whole debate but rather just an expression of my opinion, much the same as the ones who have posted here before me. You're entitled to your opinion...I'm entitled to mine...its just very clear to me that we don't see eye to eye on this one...and thats OK. We can have a beer at the P&B and be done with it...but as others have felt it was their right to express their opinion on the incident, I'm just taking advantage of that same freedom

Last edited by 4GTABODT; 02-13-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:09 AM
E.C.P
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by GettReal
HAHA... those pics are still classic.. would be even better if I wasnt in a pic that is referring to a tranny...HAHA... wheres Mike and Manny now?? DONT PM me guys, it was just a joke
Hey Steve this tranny thing is a whole new side of Steve,maybe an alter ego not
Old 02-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Maymyvetteliveforevr
Safety Car

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Mo, there's no reason to appologise. When that situation happend I chose to stay clear of it since some people took both sides of the fence and didn't seem to want to hear other peoples opinion. I can only hope that we've all learned for that experience. I have older kids, I can relate to what you're saying.

I believe I understand you point clearly and I also feel that LMC was acting in there best interest. It wasn't about us.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:29 AM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 4GTABODT
First, my apologies to all who felt LMC overreacted...this is not a dig at you...you are entitled to your opinion...but after reading this thread, it is clear I am a lone wolf on this issue. I said it back then and I will say it again....I think what we did as Group was just plain wrong. Admittedly, the newspaper front page was all in good fun but the photoshop with the receptionist was just in poor taste. Not only that but when LMC reacted, instead of trying to see things from their point of view, we compounded the issues with cries of "sensorship", "immaturity" and "cry babies"...not exactly the "high road" folks.

And if you think I'm wimping out, thats OK...not really bothered by that...but lets try something, shall we? Send me a pic of your wife, girlfriend, or better yet, your daughter, and I will photoshop it and then post it on a board where they don't know you...then sit back and watch and the sexually charged comments come pouring in...if you still feel the same after that, then hey, what can I say...you're a better man than me, I guess.

This is not meant to start up a whole debate but rather just an expression of my opinion, much the same as the ones who have posted here before me. You're entitled to your opinion...I'm entitled to mine...its just very clear to me that we don't see eye to eye on this one...and thats OK. We can have a beer at the P&B and be done with it...but as others have felt it was their right to express their opinion on the incident, I'm just taking advantage of that same freedom

Mo, I will speak on my behalf only by saying yes, I thought the above pics are hilarious, still do.. I also did chuckle when I saw the other pic (not out of disrespect though) and I totally understand why they wanted the pic taken down (And I think it was taken down immediately).

When I say I think they overreacted, its because this is a public forum with hundreds of people posting independantly. They (LMC) have pretty much shunned all of us now because of that. I dont think it was overreacting to want that pic down, I agree, we wouldnt like it if it were someone we knew, not arguing that point at all and I dont think anyone here would. Its the other part... that the forum is being punished.

We had such a good day there, its too bad we wont get the chance to do it there again. Im sure whoever posted it (cant exactly remember now) was making fun more at US then the employee.

Just want to be clear here that you are not alone in your thinking. And Frank is right... whya re you apologising??
Old 02-13-2008, 12:31 PM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

Hey Rogues Pierre---this is your chance to take one more dive for the crew!!!!-----------------On a more serious note---I wasn't involved in any way!!! Some good points though!!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:32 PM
4GTABODT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Mississauga, Ontario Corvettes were built to be driven...not trailered
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Steve, my "apologizing" at the beginning of my post was just my way of saying that I disagreed with what some people were saying (not a personal attack on them) and had no personal reflection on them as individuals. One of the cornerstone rules of this Forum is if you disagree, you attack the concept, not the person

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1118172

That being said, I don't know how you can differentiate "us" from the Forum...we ARE the Forum and LMC was organized as a "Forum" event...yes it was open to outsiders but the "Forum" was the catalyst behind the whole thing. Its no different than if I do something bad in a business environment while representing the Bank...its the Banks name that gets slung through the mud along with mine. I had an event for a Group and someone did that with one of my staff members (albeit it was direct more at the Group than her), in the interest of saving an all out mutiny, I'm afraid I would have to draw a line in the sand as well if for no other reason than to show my staff I supported them.

Ya, I know...old fogey thinking but hey, thats what I believe in.

That being said Steve, YOU AND I ARE FINISHED!!

(Flip ya for the next beer )

Old 02-13-2008, 01:15 PM
SilverSurferC6
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WildWilly55
Hey Rogues Pierre---this is your chance to take one more dive for the crew!!!!-----------------On a more serious note---I wasn't involved in any way!!! Some good points though!!
Ah sadly, I had missed that event. Perhaps this was not a bad thing for me
Old 02-13-2008, 09:52 PM
desi
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4GTABODT
...but after reading this thread, it is clear that I may be lone wolf on this issue...
You sir are not alone. My thoughts exactly
Old 02-14-2008, 05:58 PM
JUSTAKAR
Drifting

Default pics

Mo,
What size of pics can you best work with ???? Must they be hi res???Oh yea and can you work with both Carole and Lindsay on the same pic or must they be different pics for the best results??????
Carole as you know is the one with the brown hair Lindsay is the blondie........Thx
Wullie

Heh Mo your opinion is always good.......

My father said ....
son your entitled to your opinion, No matter how stupid it may be...

What a pround moment for me..........
Old 02-14-2008, 06:11 PM
desi
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JUSTAKAR
My father said ....
son your entitled to your opinion, No matter how stupid it may be...
And your father was right about you
Old 10-02-2012, 10:14 AM
srucchetta
Advanced

Default Is this club still happening

Hi, I just picked up a 87 corvette and I'm hooked. Just wondering if you guys still meet up? I would love to join and talk to others about there vettes.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2012, 03:51 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by srucchetta
Hi, I just picked up a 87 corvette and I'm hooked. Just wondering if you guys still meet up? I would love to join and talk to others about there vettes.

Thanks
Holy crap this is out of he archives just Check for the weekly thurs night hot dog run thread and go from there. Congrats on the C4.

Get notified of new replies

To Toronto and area non club

Old 10-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

ibtl

Old 10-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,500 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

ibtl
Old 10-02-2012, 06:04 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Page 1, the first pic brings back memories, it was me, MotorHead, Rob and Flavio (SuperFast80). Like all forums (and hobbies for some)lots of faces have come and gone since then and will continue to do so. If Smook was still with us I imagine he would have gone through at least 10 more vettes and a funny and interesting story for each one.

Quick Reply: Toronto and area non club