Canadian Events Canada, eh?

track pics. from cayuga road course.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Konstantin
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default track pics. from cayuga road course.

awesome day, no one passed me the whole day unless i was on the grass ( few screw-ups on my part ). sorry the pics arent that great. My girlfriend went for a run with me, and asked to come out by the end of first lap, almost puked, she still does not feel good. the car handles ok ( just ok ), but tires were crap ( BFG KDW ), warm or cold did not matter, made lots of noise and i was drifting most of the time braking before and accelerating out of turns. brakes were alright but i got a lot of brake fade after 10 or so laps.

Now i know what i need and by the next year it should be just like i want it !

enjoy pics.

- Kons

Old 10-15-2008, 06:55 PM
OBSESHON Mark
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey Kons looks like you had a great day.
I like the drifting shots.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:07 PM
DEMITRISTYLES
Drifting

Location: You Can't Buy Cool, No Friggin' Way - Mississauga Ontario
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like fun..too bad I can't drive from behind a keyboard.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Konstantin
Pro

there was a lot of drifting for me ! couple of more shots.

(i think white porsche belongs to the track owner but someone else was driving it. he passed me where he wasnt suppose to, so theres my revenge in between corners )

Old 10-15-2008, 08:15 PM
3Xvette
Burning Brakes

Great pics kons! I hope you showed the mustang guys how it was done.I haven't met the girlfriend yet does this mean she will not be joining you at the track anymore. I guess skydiving is out of the question watch from down below lol.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Konstantin
Pro

Originally Posted by 3Xvette
Great pics kons! I hope you showed the mustang guys how it was done.I haven't met the girlfriend yet does this mean she will not be joining you at the track anymore. I guess skydiving is out of the question watch from down below lol.
girlfriend did not find it scary as she thought it was, but it made her puke. mind you it was a warm up lap, so i wasnt giving it all 100%. i think she will try again sometime but i dont know if results will differ much ? ( maybe ill tell her i need new shocks, thats why the ride was a bus-like and made her sick ) few cars had way more power but not enough *****, i was driving the **** out of my car !
Old 10-15-2008, 08:55 PM
BUBBAS 01Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's very

Id love to try that next year !!

Old 10-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Konstantin
Pro

rims heated up so much from tires and brakes that my center caps were falling out. no joke, read my post in c5 tech.

everyone should try it at least once. i will be glad to take anyone first-timer for a spin at the track to get them hooked up !
Old 10-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Hey Kon. Looks like you had a good time. How much is a track day at TMP?
Old 10-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Konstantin
Pro

this one was free for all DaSilva Racing ( mustang shop in pickering ) customers, where i used to work before. but from what i hear, rental during the week is reasonable.

we should come up with a plan for early next year and book a day for local vette owners. i can find out how much exactly if theres interest, i do not know Uli (the owner) personally but i spoke to him on many occasions before and can phone him up and see what he can do for us.

- Kons

Last edited by Konstantin; 10-15-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:59 PM
fire_n_ice
Racer

Count me in for a day over there, next season. Or this one, if there's still time.

Looks like you had a blast. Next year you'll have to come out to Mosport with the rest of the Vette gang. Then you'll be a true addict!
Old 10-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Konstantin
Pro

Originally Posted by fire_n_ice
Count me in for a day over there, next season. Or this one, if there's still time.

Looks like you had a blast. Next year you'll have to come out to Mosport with the rest of the Vette gang. Then you'll be a true addict!
i already am, just hard to afford mosport i work my *** off to keep up. i used to race my stang at mosport, and i though all other tracks werent nearly as good. for example when i went to shannonville, i did not like it at all. but cayuga to my surprize ( heard stories ) is really nice, i thought 4km with 8 turns is perfect for big car, but this one is 3km and 13 turns and i was right at home ! its awesome. ( hard to compare the two really ) and i was hitting 180 in a stock c5 at cayuga. for mosport i would need more work done to my car to keep up, power and handling and stopping, at cayuga a lot is driver skill cause it is not as fast.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:33 AM
livinloud
Instructor

hey guys where is the road course in cayuga. i have been to the dragway dozens of times i am the guy with the red Z06 that gets 10-15 passes in eveytime at the track. i would love to do a roadcourse before the season is done but mosport is way too expensive for me.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:14 AM
NB76
Intermediate

there is a day 2moro (fri17 oct) cost is $105 for 4 hours or $200 for the whole day into the evening. i'll be there in a nissan gtr and techart gt street porsche, hopefully i'll see ya!
Old 10-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Konstantin
Pro

Originally Posted by livinloud
hey guys where is the road course in cayuga. i have been to the dragway dozens of times i am the guy with the red Z06 that gets 10-15 passes in eveytime at the track. i would love to do a roadcourse before the season is done but mosport is way too expensive for me.
its to the right of the return road after 1/4 mile track, where u pick up your slip, look to the right and ull see it.

Get notified of new replies

To track pics. from cayuga road course.

Quick Reply: track pics. from cayuga road course.