Canadian Events Canada, eh?

AC delco battery

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 01:46 PM
SkyWarp
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC delco battery

Where to buy these in the GTA other than the dealer for a good price? unless you guys recommend i get another battery for my 2003 Z06. Tks

Rob
Old 01-05-2009, 04:02 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

A lot of auto parts "jobbers" are AC Delco dealers, not just the stealerships... I have a friend in Simcoe Ont for example with 2 auto parts stores, he's an AC Delco dealer, and also Barton Auto Parts here in Hamilton is an AC Delco dealer... BTW - an interesting thing... they both told me that they can buy genuine AC Delco parts cheaper than the stealerships... checked with a parts manager at a local stealership and he confirmed that...
Great Northern Battery here in Hamilton also gets a wack of AC Delco batteries from time to time...
Must be a few in jobbers in your area....
But lots of other quality batteries available....the new gell cells are popular since they don't leak...
Old 01-05-2009, 04:35 PM
vettali
Advanced

There is an AC-Delco on Wharton Way off of Dundas west of 427 before Dixie.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:44 PM
The Cripp
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Delco

I understood that nobody replaces an AC Delco with an AC Delco in a C5 or C6, because they are crap.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,499 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Everybody will have their opinion, but I wouldn't put in an AC Delco battery. There are many other aftermarket brands available, just my 2 cents...
Old 01-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,191 Posts

Go to Walmart and get one of the Energizer batteries from there. They are only about $75 or $80 and they've got more cold cranking amps than the AC Delco batteries. I've used these batteries in all of my cars for years now and they last a long time (the one in my wife's Civic is now 4 years old and even on a -15C morning it cranks over quickly still, same with the 3 year old Energizer battery in my C5)
Old 01-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Originally Posted by Patman
Go to Walmart and get one of the Energizer batteries from there. They are only about $75 or $80 and they've got more cold cranking amps than the AC Delco batteries. I've used these batteries in all of my cars for years now and they last a long time (the one in my wife's Civic is now 4 years old and even on a -15C morning it cranks over quickly still, same with the 3 year old Energizer battery in my C5)
Coincidentally I'll be getting one of these for my wife's car today, I am glad to hear that they still carry these, they are great batteries and inexpensive too.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Soundman69
Instructor

Optima red tops in both of my cars. They are fantastic.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:25 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

C5 batteries were initially a junky battery that would leak, create electrical nightmares and leave people stranded on some early models.

They have improved on the AC Delco battery since 1997 (I'm not advocating these to anyone by the way), just my personal experience and technical posts read from members here with greater insight.

I have also read a few threads on CF about problems with Optima batteries too. Most of the problems now seem to be centered around float charging for the constant electrical drainage that occurs when the car sits for extended periods.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:54 AM
TGstring
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Bvette2000
C5 batteries were initially a junky battery that would leak, create electrical nightmares and leave people stranded on some early models.

They have improved on the AC Delco battery since 1997 (I'm not advocating these to anyone by the way), just my personal experience and technical posts read from members here with greater insight.

I have also read a few threads on CF about problems with Optima batteries too. Most of the problems now seem to be centered around float charging for the constant electrical drainage that occurs when the car sits for extended periods.
10-4

My personal experience has been that the AC Delco batteries have been exponentially better than any other battery I've had. Actually, EVERY car I've had in the past 20 years has had a Delco battery and they have ALL worked like a champ for 7-10 years!

I have heard nothing but troubles from friends who have had Optima batteries and they have all given up on them.

So, I guess YYMV but I'll put in a Delco Professional in my c5 if/when the time comes.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Originally Posted by TGstring
My personal experience has been that the AC Delco batteries have been exponentially better than any other battery I've had. Actually, EVERY car I've had in the past 20 years has had a Delco battery and they have ALL worked like a champ for 7-10 years!
Do you know if these were the "Made in Mexico" ones like those that are in the C6?
Old 01-09-2009, 09:56 PM
TommyL
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TGstring
10-4

I have heard nothing but troubles from friends who have had Optima batteries and they have all given up on them.

So, I guess YYMV but I'll put in a Delco Professional in my c5 if/when the time comes.
I have never had an issue with the Delco batteries in my Vette. That said, I do have the Wal Mart Energizer in my pickup...5 years old, still as good as new and almost $50.00 cheaper then the Delco.

Last edited by TommyL; 01-10-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:12 PM
C6SUMMER
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Soundman69
Optima red tops in both of my cars. They are fantastic.
Best battery you can get.

Get notified of new replies

To AC delco battery

Quick Reply: AC delco battery