TFX International Corvette Transport and Storage

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 03:39 PM
0TFX INTERNATIONAL
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TFX International Corvette Transport and Storage

Hi Everyone,

I would like to announce that TFX INTERNATIONAL is now an official Corvette Forum sponsor. We look forward to assisting all of you with any transport and storage needs. We offer fully enclosed, hydraulic tailgate lift, door to door and fully insured (up to $250,000.00CDN) transport across Canada and the United States.

We also offer storage in an indoor, secure, insured, heated storage facility minutes from Pearson International Airport. We can do short term or long term storage. Summer or Winter. We can even pick up your vehicle for storage in one of our enclosed trailers and deliver it to your home at the end of the storage term.

My father founded TFX a long time ago and ever since I was a little boy I knew I wanted to be around the cars, motorcycles and trucks that we happen to transport as our 'freight'. We are a family run operation and we treat all of our client's vehicles as our own.

My first vehicle was a 1986 Corvette, which I first began driving in 2000. My father had purchased it new in 1986. We currently own 4 Corvettes and our company is a sponsor of the Corvette Club of Ontario.

My dad has been collecting and driving Corvettes since he was 21 years old. I grew up around these cars. They are fantastic and I am looking forward to reading your posts and hearing about your cars.

I did register on the forum once before but because I wasnt a sponsor at the time I wasnt able to discuss what I know best, transporting Corvettes! Now that we are officially a sponsor, if you have any questions or if there is anything I can help you with please contact me by PM or via email. You can also call me at the shop anytime.

I am away beginning tomorrow at the Barrett Jackson West Palm Beach 2009 Auction. TFX is the official sponsor and Canadian transporter of all Barrett Jackson Auctions. I will be back April 26th.

In the meantime feel free to contact our office for a free quote or information.

www.tfxinternational.com

Cheers,

Adam Horodnyk

Last edited by TFX INTERNATIONAL; 04-07-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:04 PM
vettali
Advanced

Hey Adam, good to have you on board.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:20 PM
0TFX INTERNATIONAL
Former Vendor

by the way, sorry the title of this thread looks so bad with all the lower case letters!

I cant change it!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:57 PM
CTD
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

You Picked mine up in Florida & delivered uneventful to my door in Sicamous., BC.....I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Thank you
Old 04-07-2009, 11:02 PM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Adam and his family came to my wedding. They are without a doubt a top notch family, and I have all the respect for them. I have seen the way they take care of the cars they transport, and it is first class!
Old 04-07-2009, 11:26 PM
slickpete83
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

what is the cost for storing a corvette inside for the winter , nothing special just a regular spot indoors ?? let's say from Nov to April , just a ball park quote ???
Old 04-08-2009, 01:54 PM
0TFX INTERNATIONAL
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by slickpete83
what is the cost for storing a corvette inside for the winter , nothing special just a regular spot indoors ?? let's say from Nov to April , just a ball park quote ???
Our cost last season was $200.00CDN per month plus GST. This includes liability insurance, indoor heated storage, fuel stabilizer and battery disconnect. We also charge your battery for a few days before you pick up the vehicle to make sure it is up to capacity.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:55 PM
0TFX INTERNATIONAL
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51
Adam and his family came to my wedding. They are without a doubt a top notch family, and I have all the respect for them. I have seen the way they take care of the cars they transport, and it is first class!
Thanks pal. We miss having you drop by the shop since your move. Call me next time you are in the city.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Red Kelly
Instructor

Hey Adam, you picked up my 2008 GL320 CDI Mecedes from Houston, TX and delivered it to Burlington for me. Excellent job and I'll be calling you for my next purchase soon.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:22 AM
mrgil
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Adam; Can you arrange shipment to Paris France for my C5, I want to tour Europe next year for 4-6 weeks, The car is in Vancouver BC.
mrgil
Old 04-13-2009, 06:56 PM
0TFX INTERNATIONAL
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mrgil
Adam; Can you arrange shipment to Paris France for my C5, I want to tour Europe next year for 4-6 weeks, The car is in Vancouver BC.
mrgil
We do not offer overseas service however if you find a container company that does ship overseas I would be happy to load and secure the vehicle in the container for you. We have done that many times.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:58 AM
TommyL
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You also picked up my 93 ZR-1 in Texas for me...great service!
Old 04-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Vetteclass
Intermediate

You p/u my C6 in Kelowna, BC....TFX a hard act to follow !!!
Great team and service

Last edited by Vetteclass; 04-25-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:45 AM
DaveMcC
Instructor

Adam, you have an e-mail. I used the quote page on your website. I like to support forum vendors whenever possible. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:21 PM
0TFX INTERNATIONAL
Former Vendor

Got the email.

If anyone else is trying to get ahold of us I always suggest calling me at the office ext 8 first. Phone quotes are much faster than the email ones that come through the website because there is a large volume of quotes (many of them not very serious) that come through the website and they take longer to get through. I usually try and do the email quotes near the end of the day or if I am really busy in the daytime at night after dinner from home.

Cheers,

Adam Horodnyk
Old 01-08-2010, 12:59 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Received 415 Likes on 336 Posts

Adam, Can you give me a rough quote on picking up a C6 Z06 from Trail BC and delivering it to Katech in Clinton Michigan? Then pick it up 3 or 4 weeks later and return it to BC. The time frame is easy as it is winter so better in their garage than mine....
Grant
Old 01-08-2010, 04:50 PM
0TFX INTERNATIONAL
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CanadaGrant
Adam, Can you give me a rough quote on picking up a C6 Z06 from Trail BC and delivering it to Katech in Clinton Michigan? Then pick it up 3 or 4 weeks later and return it to BC. The time frame is easy as it is winter so better in their garage than mine....
Grant
Give me a shout at the office.

416-243-8531 ext 8.

Cheers,

Adam.

Get notified of new replies

To TFX International Corvette Transport and Storage

Old 01-11-2010, 10:22 AM
DaveMcC
Instructor

Originally Posted by TFX INTERNATIONAL
Got the email.
I just wanted to let you know that my son has sold one of his cars over the weekend so we don't need to ship. However, I would like to add (for the sake of the forum) that the quote was perfectly reasonable and you will be my first choice in the future, like when I can finally import my dream C3.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

Adam:

Good to see your a Corvette Forum Vendor !
I was told to look you guys up.

Its possible that I might be moving..
From - Dallas, Texas (75098)
To - Truro, Nova Scotia. (B2N 1B6)
Its approx 2342 miles (google maps)

I was wondering what the cost to transport might be ?

Here is my post looking for options on transport.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/cana...-new-post.html

Thanks !
Toque

Here is what I'm looking to transport. Its never seen rain and I don't want it to for sure in the move. This is my pride and joy. I'm sure you can understand.
It sits really low too...

Old 08-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Zedder
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts

Not Corvettes, but TFX brought up two of my cars from the states during the last year...Always do nice work!

Quick Reply: TFX International Corvette Transport and Storage