Edmonton Service

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 03:00 PM
nuck
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dik
Nice car, very similar to my yellow C6.

Do you get out the St. Albert way very often? I've noticed one other yellow C6 last October in town.

I've never been to E.M. but I have a friend that brings his Caddy to them. He is pretty happy so far.

Being new to the Corvette family I'm going to stick with what I know (very little) and that is a dealership for now. As I mentioned I've had very good workmanship at Westgate. No returns, all the clips replaced, etc. They take care of the details and shuttle me to/from St. Albert with a smile. I can't say that about any other place I been to in the last twenty or so years.

AFI website is (still) pretty skinny so I'll have to stop in to say hi, maybe this Friday?

08; I jut heard the new advertisement on the radio for Don W. They are telling all that they are a Corvette Dealer. Do you know who they partnered with?

Dick
Hey Dick. Mine is a C5 with a body kit but it might be me you saw. I work in Calgary most of the time but our office is in St Alberta so I do get out there from time to time. The car is lowered with 20s so I look for fresh pavement to cruise. SA Trail is a goat path though and the Henday is full of speed traps so I don't go north of Jasper Ave often.

Shop rate at a dealer is over $100 per hour and way less for any of the shops mentioned. I had a seat repaired and an HID replaced at AFI for probably half the cost of a dealer. I imagine places like Campbells are the same so once you are off warranty and ready for more power you will come around

I am looking at a C6Z or CTS-V next probably so maybe I will give Westgate a try for the warranty items.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:28 PM
flyin ryan
Racer

Neil @ Horsepower Solutions.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:30 PM
flyin ryan
Racer

Originally Posted by nuck

I am looking at a C6Z or CTS-V next probably so maybe I will give Westgate a try for the warranty items.
Westgate is very good. Can talk to Wayne Wood at the service counter.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:57 AM
SNOTRKT
Advanced

Originally Posted by flyin ryan
Neil @ Horsepower Solutions.
He knows his $hit. He's tuned a couple of my vehicles.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:26 AM
RockyMountain Z
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SNOTRKT
He knows his $hit. He's tuned a couple of my vehicles.
Good to know
Old 08-18-2014, 10:49 AM
softtail
4th Gear

Default Decision was?

Hi, in Edmonton, just bought our 2000 a couple of weeks ago. Having that problem with the ABS and Traction Control lights staying on, so we're wondering where you have found to be excellent service? I'm sorry I don't understand the tuning part... do you go elsewhere for that or is there a computer tuner? First time with such a technical car, big learning curve! Thanks so much for any help!
Old 08-18-2014, 11:22 AM
RockyMountain Z
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by softtail
Hi, in Edmonton, just bought our 2000 a couple of weeks ago. Having that problem with the ABS and Traction Control lights staying on, so we're wondering where you have found to be excellent service? I'm sorry I don't understand the tuning part... do you go elsewhere for that or is there a computer tuner? First time with such a technical car, big learning curve! Thanks so much for any help!
The first thing I would do is disconnect battery for 5 minutes. This will reboot the computers in your car. See if the problem comes back.
If you want, I can hook up to your car and read the ECU codes that have tripped to get a better idea of what has failed. PM me if you wish.
Go Esks!!
Old 08-18-2014, 12:03 PM
softtail
4th Gear

Oh thanks, that would be the first step I guess! Was given a link to "pull the codes", sounds like step 2 maybe.
Thanks so much for the offer, the technical stuff is a bit confusing but we want to do all the right things to keep this beauty running for a long long time!
Is it ok to drive it in the meantime?
I also read in the manual about using the ebrake before shifting to park and the other way around to shift out... I try to remember to do it that way!
Old 12-05-2014, 11:26 AM
B-Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by softtail

A very familiar problem on some C5 Corvettes. An acquaintance where I work father had a 2000 that had the same issue, he went to Western Corvette Service in Calgary. The feedback I heard was very favorable for the diagnoses and repair.

Quick Reply: Edmonton Service