Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Problems with Corvette Depot from Windsor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 11:09 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

It sounds like their walk in business goes well. Of course, walk-ins never have to deal with receiving the wrong parts. If tit's wrong it doesn't get taken home in the first place.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:49 PM
QIK59
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by briankeery
They're just resellers anyways. Get a catalogue from Corvette Central for your respective year, and deal with them when they have their free shipping specials. Learned my lesson the hard way two years ago with the guys in Windsor..........fool me once.......
Yeah that is the correct term : re-sellers
Buuut sometimes some of the resellers manage to get stuff to you in Canada cheaper than you can going direct and picking it up in the USA yourself - sometimes !

When it comes to non-reproduction parts , mechanical parts like tranny components, gears, bearings etc you can always beat the corvette houses and you know where it's sourced from.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:55 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Absolutely Don, in this economy, it definitely pays to be an educated consumer.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Redwing01
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

I use them all the time , Never had a problem what so ever.
Quick service , correct parts ...
Old 01-16-2013, 11:16 AM
DDP
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts

I ordered a car cover for a C6 and headlight motor gear for a C4, i got a call from Corvette Depot asking if i ordered the right parts as there were 2 diffferent classes which was nice, the only problem i had was the sent a gear for a C5. They paid for the postage back and sent me the right product 2 days later. I wasnt pressed for the parts so it wasnt to bad. This was the first time using them and i would use them again.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:16 PM
dukvet76
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corvette Depot in Windsor

I thought it was time to provide my 2 cents for this posting, as it seems to pop to the top of the threads every once and awhile.

As the owner of Corvette Depot in Canada, I try and provide the best customer service possible for every person that passes by us, either by phone, email, website or in person.

However, as we all are humans, mistakes do happen from time to time, and we do our best to correct them with the least disruption to the customer. We have been in business since 2009, and have learned from our past mistakes (like every business), and change our process regularly to ensure we do not continue to make mistakes. If we make a mistake with shipping an incorrect part to a customer, we take care of all costs involved in getting the customer their new part.

We try to inform out customers of stock status from the time they place their order to the time they checkout. We clearly advertise when a part is not in stock. As a new company, we do not have the large variety of inventory that many other established Corvette Suppliers have been able to build over their 30+ years in business. That being said, we do stock parts, and currently have approximately 6000 products in stock of the 30000 products we have online. We are continually growing this inventory over time, and hope to have most of the popular products in stock and ready for shipment to reduce the wait time.

Our order confirmations do notify that your order could take from 12-14 business days to ship, and we try to get all orders out within 10 calendar days (and ship many orders out partial at 10 days). 75% of our orders leave within 5 calendar days.

At Corvette Depot we try to be upfront, honest and friendly at all times with our customers. We appreciate any feedback, whether good or bad, so that we can grow and become a better company. We would like to continue to grow and be Canada's #1 Supplier of Corvette parts and Accessories and need your help and support to do this.

The next time you want to purchase parts for your Corvette, please stop for a minute and think about supporting a Canadian company, that will help support the Canadian economy and keep Canadians employed. Let us know what we can do to earn your business, and keep your business in Canada.

Rob Menzies
President
Corvette Depot
Old 03-16-2015, 07:41 PM
hzz
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

This thread is 2 years old....why would you want to bring it to the top??
Old 03-16-2015, 07:47 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 898 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by hzz
This thread is 2 years old....why would you want to bring it to the top??
trying to get free advertising and drum up business ?
Old 07-15-2015, 08:03 PM
Blane Heldt
3rd Gear

Default I am with ya

Originally Posted by LaSHOOOOSH
I never had good a experience from them either.. So your not the first.
I am have had the same issues parts ordered and wrong item and short shipped my product and then waited for over two weeks for a back order to ship mean while I wait like who does that every other vendor I have dealt with that short ships a product is on it it is called customer service ....simply put I will not endorse this company when asked nor can I recomend them to anyone
Old 07-16-2015, 11:26 AM
Jutskin
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We live and learn.
It gets rotten from the head down.....cannot believe the owner did not try and correct the situation.....not much of a business man in my opinion...
Customer is supposed to be king.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:34 AM
Blane Heldt
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Jutskin
We live and learn.
It gets rotten from the head down.....cannot believe the owner did not try and correct the situation.....not much of a business man in my opinion...
Yes it is sad indeed when spoke with a customer care agent and I quote when I called about my missing product they informed me it would be shipped with my back order ??? I ordered another Item just to get my missing pieces as they would not realize that it was their error and yet did nothing to please me my order was placed on june 5 th 2015 and it is now June 16 th and I am still not in reciept of my missing goods hence I will not endorse this company
Old 07-16-2015, 11:49 AM
Blane Heldt
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by dukvet76
I thought it was time to provide my 2 cents for this posting, as it seems to pop to the top of the threads every once and awhile.

As the owner of Corvette Depot in Canada, I try and provide the best customer service possible for every person that passes by us, either by phone, email, website or in person.

However, as we all are humans, mistakes do happen from time to time, and we do our best to correct them with the least disruption to the customer. We have been in business since 2009, and have learned from our past mistakes (like every business), and change our process regularly to ensure we do not continue to make mistakes. If we make a mistake with shipping an incorrect part to a customer, we take care of all costs involved in getting the customer their new part.

We try to inform out customers of stock status from the time they place their order to the time they checkout. We clearly advertise when a part is not in stock. As a new company, we do not have the large variety of inventory that many other established Corvette Suppliers have been able to build over their 30+ years in business. That being said, we do stock parts, and currently have approximately 6000 products in stock of the 30000 products we have online. We are continually growing this inventory over time, and hope to have most of the popular products in stock and ready for shipment to reduce the wait time.

Our order confirmations do notify that your order could take from 12-14 business days to ship, and we try to get all orders out within 10 calendar days (and ship many orders out partial at 10 days). 75% of our orders leave within 5 calendar days.

At Corvette Depot we try to be upfront, honest and friendly at all times with our customers. We appreciate any feedback, whether good or bad, so that we can grow and become a better company. We would like to continue to grow and be Canada's #1 Supplier of Corvette parts and Accessories and need your help and support to do this.

The next time you want to purchase parts for your Corvette, please stop for a minute and think about supporting a Canadian company, that will help support the Canadian economy and keep Canadians employed. Let us know what we can do to earn your business, and keep your business in Canada.

Rob Menzies
President
Corvette Depot
Rob it would be nice to have a Canadian based company to order our parts from but your customer service is lacking in a big time way ...every other company I have dealt with that makes and error in picking corrects it right away I ordered stock only have of my order arrived it was not back ordered ...order was send incomplete now keep this in mind my order was placed on June 5 th 2015 it is currently July 16 th and I am keeping my fingers crossed it arrives complete I notified customer service the next day and my product was held can you explain why your company would not have shipped the missing Items right away ?? my experience as a first time customer has been horrific and when attending car shows and swap meets on a regular basis ppl are going to ask where I got my product and how were they to deal with .....sorry at this time I can not endorse your company Corvette Depot pricing is good ect the rest needs improvement
Old 07-16-2015, 10:07 PM
stpman
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jutskin
We live and learn.
I tried to get parts from the poster above at an agreed event, he didn't show up. I learned my lesson that day
Old 07-17-2015, 08:11 AM
kidneyboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Earlier this year I ordered, over the phone to be clear, one rim centre hub for my 78. It arrived exactly as promised only there were no little allen screws included by which to fasten the centre hub to the rim. So called to ask WTF and the woman told me that basically that's how she got them so that's how I get them, but if I wanted she could order them for me for another $10! When i said that even (blankety-blank) Ikea includes the hardware free, I chose them because they're Canadian, but this was the last time I would call them she kind of said sorry but that was that. Then she called me about ten minutes later to say some bs about the order and the US supplier and other crap to which I paid no attention and ultimately they would send me the allen screws right away at no cost to me. Nice. End of story i got the allen screws 3 1/2 weeks after they promised to send them "right away".

My moral of the story is " I got what I paid for but had to spend way too much time complaining and waiting" going elsewhere next time.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:53 PM
AlbertaCorvetteowner
2nd Gear

Default CorvetteDepot-BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

Worst customer service ever. Ordered a part June 8,2015. was told it... would be shipped with 14 days. Call every week for 5 weeks and was told it was on back order. Received an email July 14, 2015 and was told the part was unavailable at that price. When I called customer service I was told by Jessica that I had two options, take my money back or pay $200.00 more for the same part. When I tried to make her understand that this was very bad customer service he hung up on me three times. She told me the owner of the company did not have the time to call customers about problems. Mr. Menzies I read your comments here, not the same as what your so call customer service person tells your customers. yes we Canadians like to buy Canadian, but you must stand walk the talk. WOW, I thought small business was about customer service, VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE,
Old 07-18-2015, 02:39 PM
dukvet76
Pro

Originally Posted by Blane Heldt
Yes it is sad indeed when spoke with a customer care agent and I quote when I called about my missing product they informed me it would be shipped with my back order ??? I ordered another Item just to get my missing pieces as they would not realize that it was their error and yet did nothing to please me my order was placed on june 5 th 2015 and it is now June 16 th and I am still not in reciept of my missing goods hence I will not endorse this company
Hi Blaine, I apologize that you had a bad experience with us, and this is not what we want to hear. We in fact had many issues, and unfortunately they were out of our control. There was more than one supplier that had your products on backorder, and we have had difficulty expediting the products to us, and even getting a response from them. Yes we do experience these problems with the big guys in the US, and sometimes their communication with us is bad, which unfortunately sometime the customer gets the bad end of the stick (as in this situation). I believe your order has completely shipped to you. I do understand that you will not recommend us but be certain that we will take your comments into consideration to better us as a company. We are growing and learning every day. We may not always make the right decisions, but we do address every customers' feedback and make changes to make the experience better for the customer.
Old 07-18-2015, 02:51 PM
dukvet76
Pro

Originally Posted by kidneyboy
Earlier this year I ordered, over the phone to be clear, one rim centre hub for my 78. It arrived exactly as promised only there were no little allen screws included by which to fasten the centre hub to the rim. So called to ask WTF and the woman told me that basically that's how she got them so that's how I get them, but if I wanted she could order them for me for another $10! When i said that even (blankety-blank) Ikea includes the hardware free, I chose them because they're Canadian, but this was the last time I would call them she kind of said sorry but that was that. Then she called me about ten minutes later to say some bs about the order and the US supplier and other crap to which I paid no attention and ultimately they would send me the allen screws right away at no cost to me. Nice. End of story i got the allen screws 3 1/2 weeks after they promised to send them "right away".

My moral of the story is " I got what I paid for but had to spend way too much time complaining and waiting" going elsewhere next time.
Hi Kidneyboy, I remember speaking to our staff about your specific issue. I do understand your frustration, and find it a bit absurd that the parts did not come with your hub. Upon contacting the supplier, they did verify that the product did not come with any attaching hardware. We ordered the hardware kit for you and sent it out to you at no cost. We have also updated the product to inform the customer interested in this part that it does not come with the hardware. Again, we appreciate your comments, and are working diligently to make any issues with a transaction easier for the customer.

Get notified of new replies

To Problems with Corvette Depot from Windsor?

Old 07-18-2015, 03:03 PM
dukvet76
Pro

Originally Posted by AlbertaCorvetteowner
Worst customer service ever. Ordered a part June 8,2015. was told it... would be shipped with 14 days. Call every week for 5 weeks and was told it was on back order. Received an email July 14, 2015 and was told the part was unavailable at that price. When I called customer service I was told by Jessica that I had two options, take my money back or pay $200.00 more for the same part. When I tried to make her understand that this was very bad customer service he hung up on me three times. She told me the owner of the company did not have the time to call customers about problems. Mr. Menzies I read your comments here, not the same as what your so call customer service person tells your customers. yes we Canadians like to buy Canadian, but you must stand walk the talk. WOW, I thought small business was about customer service, VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE,
Hi Dale, thank you for the response here. I do all the ordering of products personally, and unfortunately the part you attempted to order was discontinued by our supplier (an 84-85 AC Condenser at the sale price of $258.99 Canadian). I did personally try to find you an AC Condenser even if it cost me what you paid, but unfortunately could not. You placed your order on 06/08, and we attempted to order from the supplier on 06/10. The response from the supplier was "Thank you for your order. The length of the Ac Condenser is 1.5 inches too short and will not mount properly. The manufacturer is aware and has recalled item. The corrected/enhanced item will be available apprx 7/17/2015."

In the past, if something was not available, we always attempt to find an alternate solution for the customer. In your situation, it would have cost more money to get your part. At any time you could have called and cancelled your order, and ordered it elsewhere. We were not holding your money ransom.

When you called our office today and decided to cancel your order, your were not happy that our sales staff could not refund your money on the spot today (Saturday) and told them you would not get off the phone until your money was refunded. Unfortunately, we had to say goodbye if you were refusing to hang up.

Please note that we will be refunding your order on Monday, when our administration is in the office and has security access to do refunds. Our sales staff does not have access to complete refunds. Based on this experience we are also going to change our policy on dealing with discontinued items. We will now immediately cancel the order, refund the customer, and then give them the option of ordering something different if they so choose.

We apologize that you had a bad experience with us, but we did attempt to provide you with options, and at any time you could have asked for a refund. A little bit of understanding on your side would have been appreciated when we informed you that we could not refund your money on a Saturday.

Last edited by dukvet76; 07-18-2015 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-18-2015, 03:13 PM
AlbertaCorvetteowner
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by dukvet76
Hi Dale, thank you for the response here. I do all the ordering of products personally, and unfortunately the part you attempted to order was discontinued by our supplier (an 84-85 AC Condenser at the sale price of $258.99 Canadian). I did personally try to find you an AC Condenser even if it cost me what you paid, but unfortunately could not. You placed your order on 06/08, and we attempted to order from the supplier on 06/10. The response from the supplier was "Thank you for your order. The length of the Ac Condenser is 1.5 inches too short and will not mount properly. The manufacturer is aware and has recalled item. The corrected/enhanced item will be available apprx 7/17/2015."

In the past, if something was not available, we always attempt to find an alternate solution for the customer. In your situation, it would have cost more money to get your part. At any time you could have called and cancelled your order, and ordered it elsewhere. We were not holding your money ransom.

When you called our office today and decided to cancel your order, your were not happy that our sales staff could not refund your money on the spot today (Saturday) and told them you would not get off the phone until your money was refunded. Unfortunately, we had to say goodbye if you were refusing to hang up.

Please note that we will be refunding your order on Monday, when our administration is in the office and has security access to do refunds. Our sales staff does not have access to complete refunds. Based on this experience we are also going to change our policy on dealing with discontinued items. We will now immediately cancel the order, refund the customer, and then give them the option of ordering something different if they so choose.

We apologize that you had a bad experience with us, but we did attempt to provide you with options, and at any time you could have asked for a refund. A little bit of understanding on your side would have been appreciated when we informed you that we could not refund your money on a Saturday.

Thank you for your response, but the refund was a very small part of Jessica and my conversation. She is not telling you the whole story. I asked for a call from you, she would not comply. I asked that your company fix this and she said she would not. My expectation was that your company live up to it's original commitment to me, your customer and get my part within 14 days ( your words) at the price advertised. Just good business. Thank.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:56 PM
rodnik99
Heel & Toe

I have bought stuff from both Canadian companies Depot and Worldwide,I am happy with Depot because I never got the additional Border Charges from them . I live in BC and we have bought parts from Corvette Specialties(worldwide) for years but it is tough enough buying Canadian with all the deals out there . But the price was the price with Depot . I have had great service ,just my 2cents (Canadian)

Quick Reply: Problems with Corvette Depot from Windsor?