Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Problems with Corvette Depot from Windsor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 12:28 PM
patvette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with Corvette Depot from Windsor?

A month and a half ago I ordered roof mounts. I asked for late 86-88. Two and a half weeks later, the wrong ones arrived. Pissed off because the season is short enough and with all the rain, I haven't been able to drive it. Called them up and they said they would try again. To make sure nothing screwed up, I sent them a picture. You guessed it, two and a half weeks later, the wrong ones showed up. This time they were from an 85. Now I have to look elsewhere in the states and that will take another two and a half weeks. To top it off, Corvette Depot won't refund my Pay Pay account the $150 until I pay to ship the wrong ones back!!! Obviously not a very happy camper.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Bishs
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should have used Corvette Central when they have their FREE shipping.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:50 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

they have their free shipping to Canada on now - just ordered a bunch of stuff.....
Old 06-05-2012, 05:02 PM
patvette
Instructor

I tried Corvette Central first. They didn't have this part. But it gets better!

The owner of Corvette Depot sent me an email. Apparently, he saw my original post here and said I was "Slandering him"! I explained to him that for it to be slander, it had to be a lie. AND, it gets even better.

My bill from him was $159.00. I called two places today who actually understood the differences the various C4 roofs had. One came in at 50 bucks, and the other came in at $45.00.

I will keep you posted as to how the one I pick performs.

Originally Posted by Bishs
Should have used Corvette Central when they have their FREE shipping.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:10 PM
patvette
Instructor

Happy camper now! I went on corvetteworldwide.com in B.C. yesterday and ordered the part. They got it right the first time! I'm in Ontario, paid a little more for shipping, AND THE PART IS IN MY HANDS NOW!!!!

Actual part cost was $45.00, where I was charged $115 by Corvette Depot, for the wrong ones. The difference allowed me to get the part overnight from BC, with a little extra to spare. Corvetteworldwide.com for me from now on.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Bishs
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am glad you are now a Happy Camper.

It does seem strange that corvetteworldwide.com in B.C. could get the part and the others could not. And at a reasonable price.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:28 PM
striker27
Advanced

kind of new here but I like them. They are nice enough to deal with and local.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:10 PM
patvette
Instructor

Originally Posted by striker27
kind of new here but I like them. They are nice enough to deal with and local.
Well, it certainly is nice to hear from the owner's brother! I'm kidding of course.

All I was saying is the way I was treated was totally incompedant. BTW: I am still out my $150.! No refund still. Nice company.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Frank4202
Melting Slicks

Received 401 Likes on 224 Posts

Im sure if you give them a call, they will try to work it out as best as possible for you. Best of luck
Old 06-11-2012, 11:46 PM
up nprth al
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

just take it up with paypal they will refund everything if the supplier is in the wrong
Old 06-12-2012, 10:27 AM
patvette
Instructor

Originally Posted by up nprth al
just take it up with paypal they will refund everything if the supplier is in the wrong
That's exactly what I did at the first sign of trouble: I filed a dispute. This morning I received an email from payPal's Resolution Team saying that they sided with me, and the money is now back in my account.

Its been a long hard lesson, but lesson learned.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:46 PM
hzz
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by patvette
That's exactly what I did at the first sign of trouble: I filed a dispute. This morning I received an email from payPal's Resolution Team saying that they sided with me, and the money is now back in my account.

Its been a long hard lesson, but lesson learned.
Great news

Good for you..not good for Corvette Depot....people on this board have long memories.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:27 PM
LT4 F45
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dankhts
they have their free shipping to Canada on now.....
Corvette Central have the BEST customer service available and i im being proud to do buisness for over 10 years with them... Canadian Corvette (GM) dealers on new car and Corvette parts suppliers still think that we have no web and no clue about the U.S. prices like in the 80's so we have to pay 2 times the price for Corvette TAX even if our money is +/- even right now...
Old 06-13-2012, 08:49 PM
patvette
Instructor

Originally Posted by fast red 87 vette
Corvette central have the best customer service available and i im being proud to do buisness for over 10 years with them... Canadian corvette (gm) dealers on new car and corvette parts suppliers still think that we have no web and no clue about the u.s. Prices like in the 80's so we have to pay 2 times the price for corvette tax even if our money is +/- even right now...
amen
Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 AM
Weekend_Fun
1st Gear

Default Corvette_Depot...Really!

I wouldn’t mind 'slamming' CorvetteDepot, they ripped me off! They took my money sent me the wrong parts, told me I didn’t know what I was talking about, even after I sent them pictures they still came back saying my car was incorrectly built....they promised 'delivery' several times, promised to look into it several times...they are a rip off. Never will do a penny more with them, and will tell anyone that should ask, of my own experience. consumers should not be ripped off, lied to, deceived...I believe there are laws in place for that...rant over, now to find a reputable corvette supplier!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Weekend_Fun
I wouldn’t mind 'slamming' CorvetteDepot, they ripped me off! They took my money sent me the wrong parts, told me I didn’t know what I was talking about, even after I sent them pictures they still came back saying my car was incorrectly built....they promised 'delivery' several times, promised to look into it several times...they are a rip off. Never will do a penny more with them, and will tell anyone that should ask, of my own experience. consumers should not be ripped off, lied to, deceived...I believe there are laws in place for that...rant over, now to find a reputable corvette supplier!
Nice first post. Welcome to the Corvette Forum.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:44 AM
kidneyboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
Nice first post. Welcome to the Corvette Forum.

Get notified of new replies

To Problems with Corvette Depot from Windsor?

Old 01-02-2013, 10:37 AM
LaSHOOOOSH
Racer

I never had good a experience from them either.. So your not the first.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Frank4202
Melting Slicks

Received 401 Likes on 224 Posts

Being from Windsor, I make a stop there probably once a month. They are not the quickest but they have always come through for me. Nice people to deal with in person. Very friendly and eager to earn your business.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:36 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

They're just resellers anyways. Get a catalogue from Corvette Central for your respective year, and deal with them when they have their free shipping specials. Learned my lesson the hard way two years ago with the guys in Windsor..........fool me once.......

Quick Reply: Problems with Corvette Depot from Windsor?