Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Anybody know this car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 06:23 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Great work, what a beast! It must have been a nice surprise finding that carb. I have everything for my Lt-1/Zr-1 engine except the original Holley. Well done Grant, love your C3.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:28 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Received 415 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by gdh
Great work, what a beast! It must have been a nice surprise finding that carb. I have everything for my Lt-1/Zr-1 engine except the original Holley. Well done Grant, love your C3.
Thanks GDH. One more for you. I have tried my best to keep everything stock except for glaring issues like internal components and seals. Why use cork oil pan gaskets when felpro makes a really nice one piece? Stuff that just makes sense. Things that I did change out like carpets and seat covers, I kept all the original stickers from the underside. The car was painted once and it was pre 1994 as that is the date on the last oil change sticker on the door. It's straight enamel and not base/clear. How about a pic of your 72? I love these old things. My first Corvette was a 69 427 and that was in 70. I lived in Winterpeg and it was my only vehicle. Summer and 40 below winters with 4 studded snow tires, back and forth to work every day. This one here is number 36 and probably my last.

Last edited by CanadaGrant; 06-30-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:52 PM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadaGrant
I think she did pretty good. I paid $34,000 for it and we both seem pretty happy.... Kind of a moronic post don't you think? Now all of a sudden I'm cheating old ladies...
Don't worry about that Richardhead, that's why there's an ignore feature.

________________________________________ ______________________

Just came upon this thread. WOW what a find! Great story!

Hope your wife truly enjoys it. Great when a couple enjoy their passions together, always on look out for each other's pleasure too, as your wife did when she made "the find."

So true also and thanks for this reminder that life's compromises and distractions so easily upstage our ability to enjoy the objects of our passions. Days away easily become months, then years before we find ourselves gathering up excuses and remorse, or worse.

Drive 'em if you got 'em, and keep smilin' right past all the RichardHeads.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:10 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Originally Posted by PaulUptime
Don't worry about that Richardhead, that's why there's an ignore feature.

________________________________________ ______________________

Just came upon this thread. WOW what a find! Great story!

Hope your wife truly enjoys it. Great when a couple enjoy their passions together, always on look out for each other's pleasure too, as your wife did when she made "the find."

So true also and thanks for this reminder that life's compromises and distractions so easily upstage our ability to enjoy the objects of our passions. Days away easily become months, then years before we find ourselves gathering up excuses and remorse, or worse.

Drive 'em if you got 'em, and keep smilin' right past all the RichardHeads.
Thanks Paul. I haven't posted here in quite awhile since I was told I wasn't very popular....
My wife has her own C3. It's a 78 that she has owned for around 20 years. She built it herself. It has a ZZ4 crate motor and old school American Racing wheels. She did the motor and body. I helped with the interior. The flames are hers and she does drive it like she stole it. That would be one woman you don't want to ride with.... I didn't even know about the ignore feature. I thought this was about Corvettes and not being a fool.
Jennifer's car below is dead fast and set up. It has outrun my Z06 and was never designed to do that. The flames look kind of goofy, her idea and paint, until you turn the key. The interior looks like it just came from GM. The paint is Corvette Cyber Grey Metallic from around 03. See the black Z06 in the left garage bay? It's not anywhere close to stock and she toasted me. Crazy old woman....

Last edited by CanadaGrant; 06-30-2015 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:23 PM
emanusa1
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

that's great! happy happy happy for you. sweet great condition enjoy enjoy enjoy.
Ed Green.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:39 PM
FrankieD
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadaGrant
See the black Z06 in the left garage bay? It's not anywhere close to stock and she toasted me. Crazy old woman....
Wow that must be one killer ZZ4 crate motor. Would love to hear more details of the motor.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:27 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Originally Posted by FrankieD
Wow that must be one killer ZZ4 crate motor. Would love to hear more details of the motor.
It's a GM ZZ4 crate motor and she used the GM "hot cam" and 1.6 roller rockers with a carb from Edelbrock. The heads are 58 cc aluminum Corvette repro's to get low end torque requiring some high test gas.
It will light the tires at 60 mph. My Z06 won't...
I don't bother with the car and am sorry I mentioned it. My wife is just snickering over this one. How about this? No 78's allowed....

Last edited by CanadaGrant; 07-02-2015 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:32 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

My helper is sleeping on the job....

Quick Reply: Anybody know this car?