BEWARE Superior Tire should be INFERIOR tire DAMAGED my rims

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 12:15 AM
TorontoC6Coupe
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE Superior Tire should be INFERIOR tire DAMAGED my rims

Be warned if you plan to buy tires from Superior tire

I called about some “new” tires that had advertised on Kijij. I asked hold they were, as per the date code. Dave said 4 years old.

When I arrived, they were 2007 tires, that’s 7 years old. He said take or leave it, somebody will buy them. I was in a hurry, needed to get my car certified, so I agreed. (my gut feeling for some reason was to pass, but I was pressed for time)

They took my mint condition Corvette in to put the new tires on.

As I waited in the waiting room, they have a fridge with a big sign “complimentary water”…the fridge was in empty, and not even plugged in. Beside it is a water fountain, with a garbage bag covering it. (my gut feeling was going from bad to worse)

When I get my car I noticed 5 plastic wheel nut caps missing. I asked to put them on, they said they were not on the car (with attitude) and walked away. My car is mint, I just detailed it myself, they were on the car.

And Saturday morning, I look at my rims, and notice they scratched my perfect rims!!! You can clearly see they took a screwdriver and scratched off the old stick on weights. Now they rim is damaged.

As a car enthusiast that takes very good care of his vehicles, this is sickening that anyone would treat my property they why they did. ESPECIALLY considering I’m PAYING them to take CARE of my car, not DAMAGE it! They should be embarrassed how they treat their clients

I’m livid.

Please share this story with everyone!
Old 11-21-2013, 06:32 AM
Airwilf
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

If I need wheel work done by anybody, I take a picture of it (or all 4 ) with the date stamp turned on in the camera just before I take the car in.Sorry about your luck, I hope they come good for the damages.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:05 AM
kidneyboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Which outlet? I have taken my DD (a BMW) to the one on Dupont near Bathurst and had an ok experience.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:17 AM
NOCRISIS
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I had 4 tires installed at discount and watched them the whole time,they were going to lift the car without pucks,I said no way,they got 4 manual jacks and used my pucks, all my tire weight is in the inside of the rim,can't really see it?? with todays new equipment they hardly touch the rim ??
Old 11-21-2013, 04:24 PM
ontcanuck
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 58 Posts

I had the exact same thing happen to me except it was by Tire Craft luckily the damage was at the back of the rims, they left the goop all over the wheels & tires. They also had all the tires at 35 lbs. and put on different lug nuts I was also not a happy camper.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:00 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Sucks to hear. why i remove my wheels and take them to get mounted/dismounted. I remove all the centercaps and valve stems and take the center hole so they dont scratch the clar in the middle tossing them on the balance machine. My place knows how annal I am though so they take extra care. They did scratch one of my lips slightly about 10 years ago and 2 days later they had it back fully polished out.

Take it somewhere that will stand behind their work.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:29 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Sorry to hear that man

Not to rub it in, but the red flags were there, and you still went ahead. I know you were pressed for time but….it's a Corvette.

Live and learn is the take away here, as going back on them I would think would be useless
Old 11-22-2013, 12:02 AM
monstrocity
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Post a Google review. They show up right within the Google searches when people are looking for businesses. I just posted my first when Steelcase Tire put a minor scratch on my wife' minivan and were unapologetic about it.

Doesn't fix the scratch but made me feel better!
Old 11-22-2013, 12:57 AM
TorontoC6Coupe
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by monstrocity
Post a Google review. They show up right within the Google searches when people are looking for businesses. I just posted my first when Steelcase Tire put a minor scratch on my wife' minivan and were unapologetic about it.

Doesn't fix the scratch but made me feel better!
I've never done that, thanks very much for the tip. They say bad new spreads, we'll I'll do my best so they screw anyone else.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:37 AM
sami85L98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its not mechanic fault well sort if they always get pressurized by thier owners and in hurry things happens like this.

Being a mechanic myself and did hundreds of fancy rim tire install never damage so far. As i keep 2 pieces sponge type sheets on top of rim and use soft plastic covered pry bar so not damage the rims.

Unfortunately there are many many mechanics and owners use bare metal pry bar to pull tires of.

We use only hard plastic duck bill head where it touches the rim no longer using metal duck bill head.

Sorry for your loss.....not new to me.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:23 AM
C6SUMMER
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

That really sucks and should never happen anymore. Sorry to hear about your experiance. For future reference there are touch-less mounting options now days. Braidan Tire for one.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:32 PM
NOCRISIS
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by C6SUMMER
That really sucks and should never happen anymore. Sorry to hear about your experiance. For future reference there are touch-less mounting options now days. Braidan Tire for one.

Get notified of new replies

To BEWARE Superior Tire should be INFERIOR tire DAMAGED my rims

Quick Reply: BEWARE Superior Tire should be INFERIOR tire DAMAGED my rims