Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Anyone else notice how bad the roads are this year???

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 02:08 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

Default Anyone else notice how bad the roads are this year???

Just say'n !!!
Old 03-31-2014, 06:21 AM
08C6
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Lolll.......they are pretty bad here in Ottawa also..........Hope they somewhat patch them up fast !!!!!!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 07:34 AM
dannyman
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't tell here in Kingston.

Still snow covered! 31 March !!

18 cm fresh snow, yesterday morning!

Dannyman
Old 03-31-2014, 08:02 AM
4 KRUSIN
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, the potholes on my street have potholes. Fortunately none are big enough to swallow my car.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:06 AM
Mustang Dave
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brutal in the eastend of the GTA as well. Looking at your pic, I thought you were starting a Corvette museum in the GTA.

Hope you are well. Look forward to seeing you soon. Maybe the Corvette GTG.

Mustang Dave
Old 03-31-2014, 08:07 AM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

The worst roads are in Montreal.Our corrupted government /construction trade made sure of that.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:31 AM
electric_yogurt
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by camirocz
The worst roads are in Montreal.Our corrupted government /construction trade made sure of that.
I wouldn't be too sure of that . . . come and try our roads here in Calgary
Old 03-31-2014, 09:13 AM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

My friggen driveway heaved, and I scrape just pulling in and out...car is way too low
Old 03-31-2014, 07:39 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,191 Posts

The roads are so horrible around here that I don't know if there is a problem with my suspension, or if it's just the roads being way worse than I've ever experienced. I find the back end of my car is very bouncy, and almost uncontrollably so on some roads. To the point where I even have to slow down way below the speed limit just to regain some sort of control. This has happened in a few different areas (the 410 southbound just above Queen Street, and Britannia Road between Trafalgar and Ninth Line are two bad examples) and these sections of roads look like a series of small camel humps in a row that just make the car porpoise up and down. It feels like I'm driving a severely lowered car. My gut feeling tells me something is wrong with my magnetic ride suspension, however it did not behave like this when I put it away in the fall. So is it the roads, or are others finding this same behavior from their C6s too on these roads?
Old 03-31-2014, 07:48 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,499 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by Patman
The roads are so horrible around here that I don't know if there is a problem with my suspension, or if it's just the roads being way worse than I've ever experienced. I find the back end of my car is very bouncy, and almost uncontrollably so on some roads. To the point where I even have to slow down way below the speed limit just to regain some sort of control. This has happened in a few different areas (the 410 southbound just above Queen Street, and Britannia Road between Trafalgar and Ninth Line are two bad examples) and these sections of roads look like a series of small camel humps in a row that just make the car porpoise up and down. It feels like I'm driving a severely lowered car. My gut feeling tells me something is wrong with my magnetic ride suspension, however it did not behave like this when I put it away in the fall. So is it the roads, or are others finding this same behavior from their C6s too on these roads?
I've been out on most of the 400 series highways during the past month and I haven't experienced this kind of loss of control. I have, however, experienced much more heaves in the highways this year.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:55 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

Wow yooz guys got it tough..... C'mon over to Stoney Ceek, roads are smooth, clear, dry, no potholes only sunny weather......we all drivin around with the top down for a couple weeks now........
Old 03-31-2014, 08:02 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by WildWilly55

Just say'n !!!
Maybe your vette entered an import only zone.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:24 PM
oldsarge
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Worst roads in years everywhere, had to be the deep freezing this winter.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:06 PM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Yup, here too. Potholes are not so bad, most of them you can see to avoid, but today I hit a bump on the road so bad I SWEAR I got airborn. My hood became unlatched on one side. It's reDonkulous! Roads are turning like Montreal roads, and that is BAD!!
Old 03-31-2014, 09:49 PM
YBNORMEL
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't think you have seen the worst until the thaw comes out. When the support under the asphalt turns to mush any areas that were poor are going to turn to gravel.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:45 PM
FUSW
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My driveway is toast as well and it is a 1/2 a km long. The asphalt part is heaving and turned the asphalt into gravel and the gravel part is mud...I have ordered 16 yards (two truck loads so far) of some sort of binding material left over from steel manufacturing and it isn't binding at all as of yet...shaping up to be a long messy spring!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:17 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

Good one Mr *****

Originally Posted by WildWilly55

Just say'n !!!

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone else notice how bad the roads are this year???

Old 04-01-2014, 12:28 PM
Highway Dancer
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

The 410 SB between Bovaird and Queen has actual speed bump-like deflections in the road for 100-500 metres at a time. You hit them and immediately you're like "can't wait til this stops". Horribly unsafe, at the wrong speed you're losing control or seriously damaging your car.

They recently re-did the entrance to my subdivision as they were installing new water pipes to go to a new subdivision going in down the road (why would they have not done this in the first place 5 years ago when they were building the road???), anyways they did a cheap patch-work style asphalt and now it's all torn up and a series of potholes that will eat your bumper. Guess I will be taking the long southern route out of my sub this summer.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:11 PM
doublec4
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 24 Posts

I've spotted a few beauty pot holes around the city that would be enough to rip your suspension off if you hit them at speed.

There was one on Vaughan valley blvd in Vaughan that had to have actually been 1ft deep or more. A small child could completely fit inside of it.

Another area worthy of mention is on Finch, heading west toward the on/off ramps for the 427. There is a patch of road, probably 75ft long that has to be in some way, shape, or form, illegal to exist. I wouldn't even consider it a road at this point. Looks like it was broken up by an earthquake, then torn to pieces by a tornado, and then finally blown apart by several land mines.

Should be a fun time driving around this summer!
Old 04-05-2014, 01:08 AM
slickpete83
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

u know the roads are bad in your area (etobicoke) when you actually start considering buying an SUV instead of a sports car lol...

Quick Reply: Anyone else notice how bad the roads are this year???