Canadian pricing for the 2015's

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 10:32 PM
greatcanadian
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian pricing for the 2015's

Anyone hearing anything....?

Coming up to two weeks since the USA pricing was released...

I am hoping we stay in line with the basically flat pricing outlined for our neighbours to the south but the longer it sits the more I wonder..

Appreciate any feedback or insights.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:46 AM
CanadianVetster
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 89 Posts

Dealer told me 1-2% was the expected increase.
They will take your order, with price TBA
Old 07-30-2014, 10:43 AM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CanadianVetster
GM Canada is usually 3-4 weeks behind the US on pricing announcements, expect it just before production starts.. Expect it to be very similar to the US, both in terms of pricing and equipment adjustments...
Old 07-30-2014, 10:37 PM
greatcanadian
Advanced

Originally Posted by TOVetteFan
GM Canada is usually 3-4 weeks behind the US on pricing announcements, expect it just before production starts.. Expect it to be very similar to the US, both in terms of pricing and equipment adjustments...
Thanks for the replies...order has been in since day one in June...

I expect we will see pricing any day now.

Cheers
Old 07-30-2014, 11:09 PM
riverway
Instructor

Originally Posted by CanadianVetster
Canadian dollar is nearly 8% lower than US dollar as of today, so I would think this will likely be reflected in any price increase.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:57 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by riverway
Canadian dollar is nearly 8% lower than US dollar as of today, so I would think this will likely be reflected in any price increase.
I would take that bet... I priced out a loaded 3LT Z51 convertible today, for 2014 it was 6K cheaper in the US. and I expect it to be about the same this year.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:01 PM
greatcanadian
Advanced

Looks like the USA saw a 1k increase today for new orders...in system orders are protected..

Wish GM canada would hurry up with our pricing...would have appreciated price protection on my order...

Also Kills me to see the big USA dealers advertising 4k off 2014 z51's and we have to sit on our hands waiting for small sporadic allocations up here in canada....

Very frustrating
Old 08-05-2014, 07:40 AM
squalo3
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by greatcanadian
Looks like the USA saw a 1k increase today for new orders...in system orders are protected..

Wish GM canada would hurry up with our pricing...would have appreciated price protection on my order...

Also Kills me to see the big USA dealers advertising 4k off 2014 z51's and we have to sit on our hands waiting for small sporadic allocations up here in canada....

Very frustrating
Old 08-05-2014, 10:03 AM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by squalo3
2015 production starts next week, I would expect to see Canadian pricing some time this week... I presume they knew that the US price was being adjusted and didn't want to announce in advance of that happening... I have been telling people on orders to budget for 5K, expect 3K and be very happy at 2K or less... Hopefully, if everyone listened, I will have lots of very happy customers in the next few days...
Old 08-13-2014, 11:10 AM
CROOPS34
Instructor

I think it's rediculous how GM Canada treats Canadian customers compared to our neighbours to the south. Productions of 15s has already started and no one has any kind of answer to give us other than speculation or hunches... I have a 15 vert Z51 on order and I feel like I'm at a huge disadvantage compared to the U.S. customers who have known exactly what their car will cost for the past month.
It was bad enough I had to pay more for my Camaro than Americans did when it was produced down the street from where I live, but this is just adding insult to injury.
I'm not expecting to pay less or even exactly the same as what American customers are being charged.... I'd just like to know WHAT I am going to be charged and not just be told to be patient and don't worry, it will only be 1 or 2%
Old 08-13-2014, 03:47 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Just buy it over the border and pass it through there are no duties to pay on cars built in north america
Old 08-13-2014, 05:03 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,191 Posts

Originally Posted by camirocz
Just buy it over the border and pass it through there are no duties to pay on cars built in north america
But you cannot order a new car from a US dealer and bring it into Canada, you can only buy used ones to bring them up. And since the 2015s just started production, it would be pretty difficult to find a used 2015 exactly the way you want it. So the only way is to order a 2015 from a Canadian dealer.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:44 PM
CROOPS34
Instructor

I actually looked for an in stock 2014 that had all the options I was looking for but when I looked into purchasing it in the states and driving it back it became a bit complicated. Not to mention my Canadian dealer has already sold my Camaro as a trade in so unless I want to take a 4k hit it really doesn't make sense.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:01 AM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CROOPS34
I think it's rediculous how GM Canada treats Canadian customers compared to our neighbours to the south. Productions of 15s has already started and no one has any kind of answer to give us other than speculation or hunches... I have a 15 vert Z51 on order and I feel like I'm at a huge disadvantage compared to the U.S. customers who have known exactly what their car will cost for the past month.
It was bad enough I had to pay more for my Camaro than Americans did when it was produced down the street from where I live, but this is just adding insult to injury.
I'm not expecting to pay less or even exactly the same as what American customers are being charged.... I'd just like to know WHAT I am going to be charged and not just be told to be patient and don't worry, it will only be 1 or 2%

FWIW, I do not disagree... I have a client whose 15 is already built, and I can't tell him how much it is... !
Old 08-15-2014, 11:25 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

While it may sound like I'm criticizing, I'm not. I'm just asking a few questions.

How do you buy a new car and not know how much it's going to cost? Are people relying on faith that GM won't screw them around?

What happens if the car comes back and it's $5K more or some other amount that the buyer isn't willing to pay? Are they now obligated to buy that car at the inflated amount?

If a dealer sells a car on paper for a set amount, how do they justify coming back and saying, oh it's going to cost x amount more now, even if it is GM increasing the dealer price.

Is there a clause in the buyers agreement protecting the dealer, basically saying, this is not a firm offer, prices can change and the buyer is on the hook for any difference?

Now this is criticizing. I guess contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on nowadays.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:01 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
While it may sound like I'm criticizing, I'm not. I'm just asking a few questions.

How do you buy a new car and not know how much it's going to cost? Are people relying on faith that GM won't screw them around?

What happens if the car comes back and it's $5K more or some other amount that the buyer isn't willing to pay? Are they now obligated to buy that car at the inflated amount?

If a dealer sells a car on paper for a set amount, how do they justify coming back and saying, oh it's going to cost x amount more now, even if it is GM increasing the dealer price.

Is there a clause in the buyers agreement protecting the dealer, basically saying, this is not a firm offer, prices can change and the buyer is on the hook for any difference?

Now this is criticizing. I guess contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on nowadays.
Stan,

No criticism, valid questions...

There are people out there that will buy a car before knowing what it costs, yes, lots of them... There are hundreds of Z06's sold already, with no real solid sense of how much they will cost, just guesses and estimates. With the standard Stingray/Z51, the reality is that they do know what it will cost, in the general sense, just not the specific amount of the cheque. We know what it was last year, and what it is in the US for 2015, so within a range, it is pretty clear what it will be up here. Not to sound arrogant, but there are very few people considering a new C7 that can afford 2014 pricing and would be unable to pay 2015 pricing. That doesn't mean rush out blindly and buy it without knowing if you aren't comfortable doing so, but my experience has been that those most worried about the price increase are not those considering the purchase.

That said, if an increase was exhorbitant, the customer has the ability to bail, unless they have signed a contract stating that their deposit is non-refundable under any circumstance. Usually, the bill of sale will offer some protection to the dealer, in terms of price changes, but a customer will receive price protection, or at least should, in the event of a mid year price increase, such as what happened this spring. Model year over model year, however, there is no such protection, but, of course, you are also getting added resale value in the newer model year.

Quite frankly, if a salesperson sells a car like a Corvette under the current market situation and doesn't do an exhaustive job of explaining the situation, they aren't doing their job. If a customer is buying one without understanding what they are doing, then they aren't doing their job, either...

As to contracts not being worth the paper they are written on, in my opinion, it is not the paper that determines the value of the contract, it is the wording. I have read many examples of people being on waiting lists without specific wording on their contract, no pricing, no delivery times, no options, no deposits, etc. Those contracts typically are not worth much, except as toilet paper. I can give far more examples than I would care to of customers treating their contracts( with deposits and signatures) as shopping tools, not agreements, so I guess it cuts both ways. I don't think I have ever seen a dealer sell a car to a customer, take their bill of sale, show it to another customer and tell them to beat it to get the car... I have seen plenty of customers do it...
Old 08-18-2014, 11:08 AM
CROOPS34
Instructor

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a

My issue was, and still is, that I had a car I wanted to use as a trade that was becoming less and less valuable every year.... Also, these cars have been ones you need to be on a waiting list since they were released for the 2014 model year. I could very easily wait until the pricing is released for 2015 but I would then be in a position where I could very possibly not even end up with a 2015 in the end and be looking at a 2016. It's kind of a catch 22. Unfortunate situation that would be made easier to deal with if GM Canada would simply deal with it in a timely maner...

Get notified of new replies

To Canadian pricing for the 2015's

Old 08-18-2014, 11:13 AM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

My issue was, and still is, that I had a car I wanted to use as a trade that was becoming less and less valuable every year.... Also, these cars have been ones you need to be on a waiting list since they were released for the 2014 model year. I could very easily wait until the pricing is released for 2015 but I would then be in a position where I could very possibly not even end up with a 2015 in the end and be looking at a 2016. It's kind of a catch 22. Unfortunate situation that would be made easier to deal with if GM Canada would simply deal with it in a timely maner...
While I don't disagree in general, I think the reality is that we do have a pretty good sense of what to expect for Canadian pricing for 2015, within a fairly small window, and you are right about missing a 2015 if it isn't ordered soon...

If you received a guaranteed price on a 2015 in advance, would that make things easier?
Old 08-18-2014, 11:14 AM
CROOPS34
Instructor

TOVetteFan, I take it you work at a Chevy dealership?
Old 08-18-2014, 11:16 AM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

TOVetteFan, I take it you work at a Chevy dealership?
By happy coincidence, yes I do..

Quick Reply: Canadian pricing for the 2015's