Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Above & Beyond Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 03:49 PM
08C6
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Above & Beyond Customer Service

Hey guys ... Just would like to share a experience I had this past weekend ... On my way to Corvettes @ Carlisle on the Thursday heading up from Ottawa with 5 in our caravan - I had a mechanical breakdown car spudering / sluggish when giving gas...This happens just entering Scranton Pennsylvania... Now having installed a Magnuson Supercharger / header - exhaust upgrades and custom tune not just anyone can work on such car... I had it towed to a local ASE Certified GM garage - upon testing I was down 3 cylinders - no compression...What to do - what to decide... So - I decided to call Manny @ Dasilva's Motorsports for guidance and suggestions ...Since it's where I got my work done in the past !!! Basically I asked Manny for a pick up ride back to Canada to his shop !!! Timing was there and he was around this weekend...He obliged and the next morning he was on the road for a long road trip...I'm not saying Manny will go thru this with every stranded customer with Corvette mods - but I just want to say from a customers point of view - what he did was way beyond the call of duty...Talk about servicing your customer needs...I cannot thank him and his wife Carmen ( who came for roadtrip ) enough ... I no the car is in very good hands - and I will not worry ... Car is being looked at as we speak to see what really happened... I honestly thought I had to share my story about a genuine good person and friend - Manny Dasilva !!!
Old 08-25-2014, 04:49 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

Yup

Originally Posted by 08C6
Hey guys ... Just would like to share a experience I had this past weekend ... On my way to Corvettes @ Carlisle on the Thursday heading up from Ottawa with 5 in our caravan - I had a mechanical breakdown car spudering / sluggish when giving gas...This happens just entering Scranton Pennsylvania... Now having installed a Magnuson Supercharger / header - exhaust upgrades and custom tune not just anyone can work on such car... I had it towed to a local ASE Certified GM garage - upon testing I was down 3 cylinders - no compression...What to do - what to decide... So - I decided to call Manny @ Dasilva's Motorsports for guidance and suggestions ...Since it's where I got my work done in the past !!! Basically I asked Manny for a pick up ride back to Canada to his shop !!! Timing was there and he was around this weekend...He obliged and the next morning he was on the road for a long road trip...I'm not saying Manny will go thru this with every stranded customer with Corvette mods - but I just want to say from a customers point of view - what he did was way beyond the call of duty...Talk about servicing your customer needs...I cannot thank him and his wife Carmen ( who came for roadtrip ) enough ... I no the car is in very good hands - and I will not worry ... Car is being looked at as we speak to see what really happened... I honestly thought I had to share my story about a genuine good person and friend - Manny Dasilva !!!
Old 08-26-2014, 06:17 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

As always!!!
Old 08-26-2014, 06:45 AM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Sorry for your misfortune.

Pleased for you that Manny and Carmen did indeed go well above and beyond to help out. They are indeed good people to deal with.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:45 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Very cool!!
Old 08-26-2014, 07:48 AM
FunCool
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The same thing happened to me on my stock motor. Are you running meth by chance?
Old 08-26-2014, 12:53 PM
08C6
Drifting

NO meth !!!
Old 08-26-2014, 02:29 PM
oakvillec5
Drifting

That is service...BRAVO!
Old 08-26-2014, 04:09 PM
roysvette
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

We actually saw Manny and his trailer on the 401 when we were returning from "Race the Runway" in Smiths Falls. Nice to hear there's still great people around who believe in Customer Service. Kudos to Manny and his wife for not leaving you stranded and certainly going the extra mile....or several hundred!
Old 08-26-2014, 06:56 PM
CTPR4MNC
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so what was the reason you lost 3 cylinders? A completely stock LS with a supercharger should be very reliable when tuned correctly. Very curious to know what happened.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:49 PM
FunCool
Melting Slicks

NO meth !!!
That is what I thought, meth is very important to maggies, they get very hot. With meth it cools the intake temps right down. I've had a maggie and meth on the car for over 9 years now with no problems. I tell all my maggie brothers that meth is a must with top mount blowers.

GOOD LUCK BRO!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 06:38 AM
08C6
Drifting

Originally Posted by CTPR4MNC
so what was the reason you lost 3 cylinders? A completely stock LS with a supercharger should be very reliable when tuned correctly. Very curious to know what happened.
New Brian Tooley valve spring kit is being installed this morning...
Old 08-27-2014, 07:26 AM
08C6
Drifting

Originally Posted by FunCool
That is what I thought, meth is very important to maggies, they get very hot. With meth it cools the intake temps right down. I've had a maggie and meth on the car for over 9 years now with no problems. I tell all my maggie brothers that meth is a must with top mount blowers.

GOOD LUCK BRO!!!
I agree...running 10 PSI only... don't race car ... In my case Meth would not hurt but not necessary....
Old 08-27-2014, 09:19 AM
CTPR4MNC
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New Brian Tooley valve spring kit is being installed this morning...
Valve springs broke on 3 cylinders simultaneously? what brand was installed in there?
Old 08-27-2014, 09:42 AM
08C6
Drifting

Stock springs were in ... I should have said there was no compression on 3 cylinders !!!
Old 08-27-2014, 11:11 AM
MRNZ06
Melting Slicks

Class act!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 06:52 PM
GrandPrixRollsOut
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune. It must have been devastating to save all that time and money to get the mods you wanted and have this happen to you at the worst time possible in the worst place possible (international/ out of province)

It's a pity that it looks like you missed out on a good time. What brand of blower was installed on your vehicle? They usually come with the option for additional warentee if installed by a certified installer and tuner.

Based on your signature I'm assuming you have a ls3 kit and I re-read and you have a magnuson kit. Here is an expert of the warentee I was mentioning above.

"Magnuson’s TVS2300 TVS supercharger utilizes EATON’s latest 6th Generation supercharger rotor technology found in such industry leading performance vehicles as the Corvette ZR-1, the Cadillac CTS-V, and the 2013 Mustang GT500. These Twin Vortices Series Superchargers feature a pair of four-lobe, high-helix rotors with 160-degrees of overall twist that are housed in Magnuson’s patented high-flow housing. This highly efficient package requires less power to drive, delivers cooler discharge temperatures, and is much quieter than many of its competitors. These superchargers are all manufactured in our TS16949 certified facility – the highest ISO OEM quality certification standard in the market. Backed by a 3-year/36,000 mile warranty this supercharger is built to last. Designed to be nearly maintenance free you won’t have to worry about anything once it is installed. And for those that don’t want to have to stress about voiding their factory powertrain warranty we offer a solution for that as well. Our optional powertrain warranties will give you the peace-of-mind to be able to enjoy your supercharger without having to worry about those “what if" scenarios. Available with 3-years/36,000 miles, 5-years/60,000 miles, or 5-years/100,000 miles of protection and covering up to $5,000 on the motor, $1,500 on the transmission, and $1,500 on the rear-end with NO deductible you can choose the level of coverage that is right for you. But these protection plans won’t break the bank either – ranging from just $275 for the 3-year/36,000 mile plan to $775 for the 5-year/100,000 mile plan."

Last edited by GrandPrixRollsOut; 08-27-2014 at 06:55 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Above & Beyond Customer Service

Old 08-27-2014, 07:03 PM
08C6
Drifting

Magnuson Heartbeat is fine... Valve springs couple let go - lost compression... were being changed today ... Then will see from there...Timing did really suck...On our way to Carlisle - YES...
Old 08-27-2014, 07:09 PM
GrandPrixRollsOut
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Magnuson Heartbeat is fine... Valve springs couple let go - lost compression... were being changed today ... Then will see from there...Timing did really suck...On our way to Carlisle - YES...
Keep us posted! Best of luck. Still freaky what happened.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:32 PM
08C6
Drifting

Originally Posted by GrandPrixRollsOut
Keep us posted! Best of luck. Still freaky what happened.
Freaky indeed... Very bummed out I missed the show... Did NOT expect this...Time will tell what happens with this car !!! I will keep you posted !!!

Quick Reply: Above & Beyond Customer Service