Muskoka Fall Colours Cruise to Haliburton Saturday Oct 4/2014

Old 09-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Default Muskoka Fall Colours Cruise to Haliburton Saturday Oct 4/2014

Muskoka Fall Colours Cruise Saturday October 4, 2014

My cell number is 416 450 7214

Cruise is open to anyone that wishes to attend. Please do not cross post or link cruise on other forums. I have it posted here and on my Facebook HDR Page. If you have a friend that would be interested in cruising with us, then please invite them.

UPDATE:
Destination this year is Deerhurst Resort in Huntsville. (Ignore the Haliburton in the subject. It is no longer a viable option for this cruise.)

3 Meeting Spots.
1. Esso station at Bloomington and Hwy 48 in Aurora for an 10AM departure time. So be there before 10am. This ESSO does not have the new 93 if that's what you want to fill up with. Only 87, 89 and 91. There is no gas stops along the way so make sure to fill up prior to heading out.

2. A little more tricky is Hwy 12 and County Road 13. If you're coming north on Hwy 12, make a right turn onto County Road 13 and pull over to the side to wait for us. We should be there around 10:30am. If you get into the town of Blackwater on Hwy 12, you have gone too far north. There will be a brief stop at The Bakery in Little Britain.

3. Hwy 35 and 48, there is a Food Basics or a Metro I believe. I will pull in there as our 3rd and last scheduled stop before Huntsville. Also can be used as a break. Should be here around 11:30pm

People, please keep in mind that this is an ALL DAY excursion and that I am not rushing. We should end up in Huntsville around 1:30pm. Depending on how many people there are, we should be done with lunch by 3-3:30pm. Bring some snacks and drinks with you for the cruise part. Lunch will be the buffet style as last year. And this time, I'll take some pics of the inside of the resort.

Bring FRS radios if you can and set to Channel 5.0.

Link to last years cruise pics thread.

Last edited by Zeeman28a; 10-04-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:52 PM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

NICE !!!! Stanley--I would love to partake in one of your cruises this year!!!!
Old 09-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

Thanksgiving is the next weekend, right?

I'm going to try and make this work Stan.
I might try and meet up somewhere south and drive up with the group.

Any idea where the cruise may go after lunch? South? East/West?.

dodosmike
Old 09-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Hi Mike. yes thanksgiving is the week after.

After lunch, we all head back home. Several ways to go about it.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Originally Posted by WildWilly55
NICE !!!! Stanley--I would love to partake in one of your cruises this year!!!!
Awesome *****.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:39 PM
KLUTZ
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ugh!!! That's Pumpkinfest weekend in Port Elgin. Have a great cruise guys....
Old 09-04-2014, 11:30 PM
up nprth al
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

i will wave at all you lucky buggers as i am working , i saw you last yr and sure i will see you again , so if a guy in a burgundy vans with ladders on top waves you better wave back
Old 09-05-2014, 08:38 AM
NoShade
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in Stan. I just have to find a co-pilot
Old 09-05-2014, 09:35 AM
MRNZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

consulting with wife and hope to come out to this! ( she need to get out to see the fall colours and i need a cruise)
Old 09-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Stan, I will fire off a PM to you tomorrow. We have run into a bit of an issue but I think I have an alternative to suggest. That weekend is "Colour Fest" and the Studio Tour in Haliburton and the town of Haliburton has many events on including a "old car display", farmers market and a number of other activities going on. Trying to find parking in the town along with a lunch facility has really been virtually impossible. I have tried without success to find accommodations for our group in town.

The alternative of having a place to safely park our cars along with having a great lunch was a little more difficult to find than I thought. I have however found something that should work well for us. I really hope you guys will come to Haliburton, it is beautiful.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:06 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06
Stan, I will fire off a PM to you tomorrow. We have run into a bit of an issue but I think I have an alternative to suggest. That weekend is "Colour Fest" and the Studio Tour in Haliburton and the town of Haliburton has many events on including a "old car display", farmers market and a number of other activities going on. Trying to find parking in the town along with a lunch facility has really been virtually impossible. I have tried without success to find accommodations for our group in town.

The alternative of having a place to safely park our cars along with having a great lunch was a little more difficult to find than I thought. I have however found something that should work well for us. I really hope you guys will come to Haliburton, it is beautiful.
Hi Murray. So how far off the beaten path do we need to go? Hopefully, not too far.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Cdn UFO
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I AM leaving Yorkdale at 9am to meet up at Bloomington and 48 anyone from the west end want to join me please post I head out at 9am sharp.
Originally Posted by Zeeman28a

Cruise is open to anyone that wishes to attend. Please do not cross post or link cruise on other forums. I have it posted here and on my Facebook HDR Page. If you have a friend that would be interested in cruising with us, then please invite them.

Destination this year is Haliburton, lunch at the Baked and Battered Restaurant (Only fish and some chicken). http://bakedandbattered.com/

3 Meeting Spots.
1. Esso station at Bloomington and Hwy 48 in Aurora for an 11AM departure time. So be there before 11am. This ESSO does not have the new 93 if that's what you want to fill up with. Only 87, 89 and 91. There is no gas stops along the way so make sure to fill up prior to heading out.

2. A little more tricky is Hwy 12 and County Road 13. If you're coming north on Hwy 12, make a right turn onto County Road 13 and pull over to the side to wait for us. We should be there around 11:30am. If you get into the town of Blackwater on Hwy 12, you have gone too far north. There will be a brief stop at The Bakery in Little Britain.

3. Hwy 35 and 48, there is a Food Basics or a Metro I believe. I will pull in there as our 3rd and last scheduled stop before Haliburton. Also can be used as a break. Should be here around 12:30pm

People, please keep in mind that this is an ALL DAY excursion and that I am not rushing. We should end up in Haliburton around 1:30pm. Depending on how many people there are, we should be done with lunch by 3pm. Bring some snacks and drinks with you for the cruise part.

Last edited by Cdn UFO; 09-14-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Well folks, we won't be having lunch at the Baked and Battered. Waiting for confirmation on 2 different locations in Haliburton. Keep an eye on the thread for updated information.

Hey Randy. FYI. 401 east to 404 north to Bloomington is probably the fastest way to get to Bloomington & 48.

Stan.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:50 PM
FUSW
Pro

I will be living up there by the end of October or early November and I am hoping I have a C7 (Z06) for the next cruise. Enjoy!!!
Old 09-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Well it looks like Haliburton is out for the fall cruise. They are having some type of festival that weekend and it will be packed with tourists so there's no guarantee for safe parking. Murray (Black 03 Z06) has checked with a few other places in town and the only place that can and is willing to accommodate us is Currie Chevrolet, a Chevy Dealer just outside of town, but I'm not keen on doing that.

So I'm thinking the Deerhurst resort in Hunstville again. It's about 80km further north which is about an hour so I would start the cruise an hour earlier, just so we end up there for 1-130pm. And I'll tell you, Hwy 35 up that way is absolutely gorgeous for fall colours. I've confirmed with them that they can accommodate us on Sat Oct 4.

I won't change the existing route and meeting spots. We head up Hwy 35 and then head west on 60 to Hunstville.

Stan.

Last edited by Zeeman28a; 09-09-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:02 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Well it looks like Haliburton is out for the fall cruise. They are having some type of festival that weekend and it will be packed with tourists so there's no guarantee for safe parking. Murray (Black 03 Z06) has checked with a few other places in town and the only place that can and is willing to accommodate us is Currie Chevrolet, a Chevy Dealer just outside of town, but I'm not keen on doing that.

So I'm thinking Hunstville again. It's about 80km further north which is about an hour so I would start the cruise an hour earlier, just so we end up there for 1-130pm. And I'll tell you, Hwy 35 up that way is would be absolutely gorgeous for fall colours. Still have to confirm with them though.

I won't change the existing route and meeting spots. We head up Hwy 35 and then head west on 60 to Hunstville.

If for any reason they can't accommodate us, then how about we cruise north on 35 and then west on 118 to Highway 11 and head south to Webers?

Stan.
Why not do that buffet brunch at Deerhurst like last year? Tons of parking, no waiting around for food, beautiful area...
Old 09-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Originally Posted by RAGGDOLL
Why not do that buffet brunch at Deerhurst like last year? Tons of parking, no waiting around for food, beautiful area...
Yeah I'm with you Mike. I've already been in touch with Steve at Deerhurst and he says no problem.

Hopefully the extra 80km won't scare anyone away. FYI everyone, Deerhurst is less than 10 minutes from Hwy 11 so you can jump on and head south.

I've updated the OP and my post above.

Last edited by Zeeman28a; 09-09-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Muskoka Fall Colours Cruise to Haliburton Saturday Oct 4/2014

Old 09-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dodosmike
Thanksgiving is the next weekend, right?

I'm going to try and make this work Stan.
I might try and meet up somewhere south and drive up with the group.

Any idea where the cruise may go after lunch? South? East/West?.

dodosmike
Hey Mike. There's too much stuff going on in Haliburton that weekend and we can't be accommodated, so we're going to end up in Huntsville this year. Actually at the Deerhurst Resort as last year.

You can meet us in Hunstville, save you a trip south or come along 117 or 118 and hook up with us in Dorset on Hwy 35 so you can part of the convoy to the resort.

Stan.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:54 PM
SEXYCEE7
Advanced

Destination this year is Deerhurst Resort in Huntsville. (Ignore the Haliburton in the subject. It is no longer a viable option for this cruise.)

3 Meeting Spots.
1. Esso station at Bloomington and Hwy 48 in Aurora for an 10AM departure time. So be there before 10am. This ESSO does not have the new 93 if that's what you want to fill up with. Only 87, 89 and 91. There is no gas stops along the way so make sure to fill up prior to heading out.

2. A little more tricky is Hwy 12 and County Road 13. If you're coming north on Hwy 12, make a right turn onto County Road 13 and pull over to the side to wait for us. We should be there around 10:30am. If you get into the town of Blackwater on Hwy 12, you have gone too far north. There will be a brief stop at The Bakery in Little Britain.

3. Hwy 35 and 48, there is a Food Basics or a Metro I believe. I will pull in there as our 3rd and last scheduled stop before Haliburton. Also can be used as a break. Should be here around 11:30pm

People, please keep in mind that this is an ALL DAY excursion and that I am not rushing. We should end up in Huntsville around 1:30pm. Depending on how many people there are, we should be done with lunch by 3-3:30pm. Bring some snacks and drinks with you for the cruise part. Lunch will be the buffet style as last year. And this time, I'll take some pics of the inside of the resort.

Link to last years cruise pics thread.
sorry stan we have to miss this one this year going to Port Elgin. I guess I will see you in the Spring for Webers and the butter tart run. Have a safe trip and enjoy.
Oh Yea I guess this is also a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Cheers
Old 09-10-2014, 12:25 AM
harrin
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Stan, I'm interested in joining in this year

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Muskoka Fall Colours Cruise to Haliburton Saturday Oct 4/2014