Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Dodge Drops Viper Price $15,000, UNHEARD OF ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 10:11 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Dodge Drops Viper Price $15,000, UNHEARD OF ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

http://blog.caranddriver.com/dodge-v...nerating-heat/

Seems they just can't sell these things, so they are slashing $15k off the price. Quality issues?!? Who knows. (I actually love the look of the newest Vipers!)

GM can't make the new Vettes fast enough for their customers demand, and Dodge can't give their Vipers away. Wonder who is doing something right, and who is just losing the manufacturers battle.

Hope they get things worked out soon.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:24 AM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corrado
http://blog.caranddriver.com/dodge-v...nerating-heat/

Seems they just can't sell these things, so they are slashing $15k off the price. Quality issues?!? Who knows. (I actually love the look of the newest Vipers!)

GM can't make the new Vettes fast enough for their customers demand, and Dodge can't give their Vipers away. Wonder who is doing something right, and who is just losing the manufacturers battle.

Hope they get things worked out soon.

Maybe the topic of the thread should be "Sales of Viper never started" ;-) 38 for an entire month? Yikes.... GM is delivering twice that many Corvettes a day!

Funny how the angle on a picture can make all the difference. The red Viper in that article looks totally out of balance and disproportionate, and the grey one later on looks awesome...

They are just too much money, at the end of the day... AND that $15000 is only in the US, as far as I know, so let's all start ragging on Chrysler Canada for screwing over us poor Canadians.... ;-)

Last edited by TOVetteFan; 09-13-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:48 AM
tfi racing
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Manufacturer's battle?Chevrolet versus Fiat?Surely you jest...
Old 09-13-2014, 12:21 PM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by tfi racing
Manufacturer's battle?Chevrolet versus Fiat?Surely you jest...
Yes, I'm not really serious about any manufacturers battle, I don't really care and I know no one is perfect. This is more about people in glass houses throwing rocks and trying to stir crap up. Getting VERY tired of it!
Old 09-13-2014, 12:50 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

I agree with Mr C.

Last edited by gdh; 09-13-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:50 PM
forensicsteve
Instructor

Quality issues?!? Who knows
All the Gen 5 owners know it's not the car. Marketing and pricing were epic fails. It's priced correctly now. I bought mine about 8 months ago for $86k.

Still no car is perfect. See C7 production is halted due to air bag and brake install issues or something like that. Then a C7 engine blew while on loan to Car and Driver. Stuff happens. It's not a reflection on the C7...just stuff happens from time to time.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:47 PM
C6SUMMER
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure about GM not being able to make the Vettes fast enough.. First year production was actually lower than capacity and less than the first year of the C6. Lots of stock in showrooms in the states.

"The General Motors Bowling Green assembly plant produced 37,288 2014 C7 Corvette Stingrays. That’s a little less than the 37,372 units produced in 2005, the first year of production for the C6 model, but nearly equal to the last three years of production for the C6 Corvette combined." From GM Authority article... LINK
Old 09-15-2014, 03:04 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C6SUMMER
Not sure about GM not being able to make the Vettes fast enough.. First year production was actually lower than capacity and less than the first year of the C6. Lots of stock in showrooms in the states.

"The General Motors Bowling Green assembly plant produced 37,288 2014 C7 Corvette Stingrays. That’s a little less than the 37,372 units produced in 2005, the first year of production for the C6 model, but nearly equal to the last three years of production for the C6 Corvette combined." From GM Authority article... LINK
The only difference is that in 2005, production cars were coming off the lines about 6 weeks earlier than they were for the C7, and production ran just about to the same date at the end of the year. But, yes, production numbers were almost identical....
Old 09-15-2014, 04:00 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

Love the Viper and that's a huge price cut to make it attractive.........the problem is, it's not the Viper itself, it's that word ahead of it 'DODGE' and I swore I'll never buy another.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:24 PM
PushNut
Instructor

Default It should have been

Originally Posted by RedZ4me
Love the Viper and that's a huge price cut to make it attractive.........the problem is, it's not the Viper itself, it's that word ahead of it 'DODGE' and I swore I'll never buy another.
spelled dodgy...

Get notified of new replies

To Dodge Drops Viper Price $15,000, UNHEARD OF ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Quick Reply: Dodge Drops Viper Price $15,000, UNHEARD OF ANNOUNCEMENT!!!