Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Dyno-tune at Dasilva Motorsport

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 06:39 PM
36couper
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Default Dyno-tune at Dasilva Motorsport

Thanks to Manny and his crew for looking at my '36 coupe today. My LS2 would bog under a load.
After some time on the dyno, we narrowed it down to the fuel pump. I need to get a more powerful pump..........The extra benefit is Manny had one in stock! I know what I'll be doing this weekend.
A great shop with a real professional crew. They have some nice projects on the go too.
Here is a short video. Sounds good and it wasn't even under a full load.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

Sounds good

Nice looking car. Care to share more info?

A true sleeper I'd bet

Dodosmike
Old 10-03-2014, 07:08 PM
36couper
Pro

Originally Posted by Dodosmike
Sounds good

Nice looking car. Care to share more info?

A true sleeper I'd bet

Dodosmike
I've owned it for 14 years. It was an original 2 owner car from Illinois. Perfect body other than faded paint and a few paint chips. It was flathead powered. I drove it that way for about 2 months. Over the course of 2 years, we re-engineered the frame (over engineered), installed a 454/400 turbo. Mustang II front end, Ford 8" rear
I then had it repainted. I wanted to match the original Washington blue and this is the best colour I could come up with. It has a real simple name; "1984 Ford blue"
The car never failed me and never gave me an ounce of trouble. In 2007 my best friend and I drove it to the Bonneville Salt Flats. 3 solid days getting there and 3 back. We averaged 75-80 mph and average 12mpg.
Last fall I decided to try a different set up. I bought the LS2/4L60e from Bob Hilton. I pulled the 454 and sold it to a young guy who was working on a truck project with his Dad.
Installing the LS2 was not a simple project. We had to reconfigure virtually everything including steering, brake lines, fuel, motor mounts etc.
I had some great help from the guys in my car club ....Roadmates. Plus Paul Speirs buttoned up the final details while i was traveling for work.

The plan now is to get all the details cleaned up over the next two years. I'm planning on a cross the US tour with my high school buddy to celebrate retirement. Until then, I'm still working my *** off!!
I hope to be in the financial position in 2 years to make this happen.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:59 PM
0Dasilvamotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 36couper
Thanks to Manny and his crew for looking at my '36 coupe today. My LS2 would bog under a load.
After some time on the dyno, we narrowed it down to the fuel pump. I need to get a more powerful pump..........The extra benefit is Manny had one in stock! I know what I'll be doing this weekend.
A great shop with a real professional crew. They have some nice projects on the go too.
Here is a short video. Sounds good and it wasn't even under a full load.
http://youtu.be/avmXxYcqCLc
I can't say enough about what a gentleman and true car guy Al is .

It was certainly a treat for myself , my staff and a few clients that dropped in .

Thanks you so much for allowing us to help you with the your car

I am looking forward to having the 36 back in for a full dyno tune
Old 10-04-2014, 07:24 AM
08C6
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Does sound good ... Very cool car ...
Old 10-04-2014, 12:47 PM
36couper
Pro

Originally Posted by 08C6
Does sound good ... Very cool car ...
This morning I installed the new fuel pump I bought from Manny.
It was a simple install and I copied Manny on the way he installed it on the frame rail of a resto-mod Corvette that's in his shop.

I took it for a run around the block and I have to say the car came alive! It's never run so well. I could feel all the horses now.
The pump I replaced was a noisy turd that wasn't giving me consistent fuel pressure. The new one is so quiet you can barely hear it run
If you have an LS motor, talk to Manny about this pump.

Thanks again Manny!!
Old 10-04-2014, 04:49 PM
08C6
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice ... In stock fuel pump and insight on install !!! Manny does it again ... Awesome shop indeed ...
Old 10-05-2014, 03:18 PM
0Dasilvamotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 36couper
This morning I installed the new fuel pump I bought from Manny.
It was a simple install and I copied Manny on the way he installed it on the frame rail of a resto-mod Corvette that's in his shop.

I took it for a run around the block and I have to say the car came alive! It's never run so well. I could feel all the horses now.
The pump I replaced was a noisy turd that wasn't giving me consistent fuel pressure. The new one is so quiet you can barely hear it run
If you have an LS motor, talk to Manny about this pump.

Thanks again Manny!!
Thats awesome Al , always love to hear about successful fixes and even more so when its based on our suggestions. Bring the 36 back when your ready and we can fine it tune for you .

Last edited by Dasilvamotorsports; 10-05-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Dyno-tune at Dasilva Motorsport

Quick Reply: Dyno-tune at Dasilva Motorsport