Canadian Events Canada, eh?

I saw all 7 generations of Corvette in one afternoon!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 04:26 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,191 Posts

Default I saw all 7 generations of Corvette in one afternoon!

I know that a lot of you on here are probably thinking, that is no big deal to see an example of each generation of Corvette all in the span of just 5 hours, but in my case it wasn't at a car show and it wasn't on a cruise of any kind. I was simply on a road trip in Western NY state yesterday and managed to spot at least one example of every generation! How cool is that? The first one, as you probably imagined, was a C6, it was a nice black Z06 that was lowered with custom wheels and a nice exhaust too. The second one was as soon as we crossed over the border to Buffalo, and it was a real nice bright red 67 coupe, this one was lowered with nice fat modern wheels and tires on it though, and sounded very mean (smelled like it was running race fuel too so it was definitely healthier than your average mid year) The third one was a black C7 (one of about 8 that I saw on the trip, if you include the 4 parked out front of a local Chevy dealer) The fourth one was a blue 70-72 convertible (I think I saw a total of 4 or 5 C3s yesterday). I only saw one C4 on the trip, it was a 91-96 convertible, in polo green. I also only saw one C5 (oddly enough, I thought I would have spotted more), it was a Nassau Blue convertible (also had a nice loud exhaust on it and was lowered) At this point I realized that I had spotted 6 out of the 7 generations of Corvette, but said to my wife that the chances of spotting an early model were pretty slim. But late in the afternoon there it was coming towards us on one of the back twisty roads we were on, it was a black 58-61! The only thing that could have possibly made it cooler would have been if I was in my C6 on this trip, but because there was rain in the forecast and because we were staying overnight in Lewiston NY (and I didn't know if it was a dodgy area or not), we took my wife's BMW instead. It would have been so cool to have not only seen all of those generations, but to have gotten and given a Corvette wave from each one too! (we did give a thumbs up to the 67 and he waved back though!)
Old 10-13-2014, 05:54 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

how kewl is that.. nice little road trip.
Old 10-13-2014, 06:22 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,500 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

I am hard pressed to see a single one in a day over here (full of imports)

Get notified of new replies

To I saw all 7 generations of Corvette in one afternoon!

Quick Reply: I saw all 7 generations of Corvette in one afternoon!