Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Who pulls their battery or puts a tender on it for winter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 12:14 PM
cdngolfer
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Bought a new battery last spring for my 08 Z just because the battery was 7 years old. I have a tender and charger but try to drive it or start it every 2 to 4 weeks through the winter when the weather is nice. Sometimes just to hear the cammed exhaust!

I have to record it and make it my phone ring tone!
Old 10-29-2014, 05:11 PM
DIPPOLD
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Just battery tender.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:42 PM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

Received 174 Likes on 148 Posts

For those of you with a battery tender, how are you hooking it up? Just purchased one and was planning on hooking it to the remote terminals in the engine bay. I plan to have the car covered but I am concerned about having a tender hooked up with a cover over top. Do these things get hot? Car will be in heated storage for 6 months and I will not have access to it. Please advise.
Old 10-31-2014, 08:03 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by JetstreamGS
For those of you with a battery tender, how are you hooking it up? Just purchased one and was planning on hooking it to the remote terminals in the engine bay. I plan to have the car covered but I am concerned about having a tender hooked up with a cover over top. Do these things get hot? Car will be in heated storage for 6 months and I will not have access to it. Please advise.
Not to worry---trickle charger--no heat generated. I hook mine up to the battery run the cable thru the headlight crack--then pull the cover over it--I also release the roof clamps over the winter --so the foam is not loaded up for 4 months.When I look in the garage I can see the light cycle on and off--tells me the charger is OK.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:13 AM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by JetstreamGS
For 6 months in heated storage I'd just disconnect the battery. Take a cable off once it's parked in it's final spot.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:48 PM
JetstreamGS
Drifting

Received 174 Likes on 148 Posts

I am leaning towards pulling the battery. Don't like the idea of leaving the tender plugged in under a cover unattended all Winter.

Quick Reply: Who pulls their battery or puts a tender on it for winter?