Coupe - $85,095

Convertible $90,595
Originally Posted by Patman
Those are amazing prices!
Old 11-07-2014, 12:23 AM
tlaselva
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

They're not gonna be able to make these things fast enough!
Old 11-07-2014, 04:52 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

Ummm...make what fast enough? Right now the entire calculation of Canadian allotments 'seems' to be spoken for, which is only a few. It would be something to see if a few more are allotted since they havent completely sold out US side just yet.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:31 AM
chelseavette
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TOVetteFan
Coupe - $85,095

Convertible $90,595
+sales tax + freight + gas guzzler tax + air cond tax + tire tax + dealer fees. hope i did not miss anything. lol

Last edited by chelseavette; 11-07-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:43 PM
Jon04CTSV
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chelseavette
+sales tax + freight + gas guzzler tax + air cond tax + tire tax + dealer fees. hope i did not miss anything. lol
You pay tax on everything, whether it be a car or clothes.

It is still an incredible steal for what you're getting.

Factor in exchange rate and it's cheaper up here than in the US. Where are the "OMG it's gonna be a billion dollars up here" people?
Old 11-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon04CTSV
You pay tax on everything, whether it be a car or clothes.

It is still an incredible steal for what you're getting.

Factor in exchange rate and it's cheaper up here than in the US. Where are the "OMG it's gonna be a billion dollars up here" people?
Unless you already have one on order... with a dealer with allocation, today's price is meaningless...Since you cant get one anyway...

Allocation,along with price will go up over the next few years....

I cant see there being a long term c7 supply problem....Corvettes only appeal to a small part of the sports car market , in Canada...
Old 11-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by tlaselva
They're not gonna be able to make these things fast enough!
Sure they will....$90000+ Corvettes only have a small market appeal...The guys I know with the disposable income to buy a car at this price point or higher ,have no interest in any Corvette.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:24 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by 455230
Sure they will....$90000+ Corvettes only have a small market appeal...The guys I know with the disposable income to buy a car at this price point or higher ,have no interest in any Corvette.
Well that would be any Vette before this one me thinks. This Z06 will be relatively hard to get and I have had 3 offers for my allocation already, 2 from the Forums. Thats JUST for my guaranteed allocation. Word still is that the magic number for Canadian specced Z06s is 28.

This car, along with a great marketing effort, just created a huge need by those who can afford it. Something to be said about being the fastest production car...

As for that long term C7 production problem, you might check with us Canadians. Shortage of Vettes in Canada is nothing new.

Last edited by AllFlash; 11-08-2014 at 01:06 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:30 PM
Vernon
Drifting

Received 480 Likes on 338 Posts

Coupe - $85,095

Convertible $90,595
I believe US pricing is
Coupe ~$78,000
Convertible ~$83,000

If the Canadian pricing announcement is accurate, considering the value of today's Canadian dollar, persons who will get a '15 Z06 have received GREAT pricing news from GM Canada!
Old 11-08-2014, 03:55 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vernon
I believe US pricing is
Coupe ~$78,000
Convertible ~$83,000

If the Canadian pricing announcement is accurate, considering the value of today's Canadian dollar, persons who will get a '15 Z06 have received GREAT pricing news from GM Canada!
It is accurate, no worries...
Old 11-08-2014, 04:00 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chelseavette
Uh, no such thing as gas guzzler tax. However, freight (1800) A/C tax, provincial and federal taxes, and dealer fees are a fact of life here in Canada. That is not relevant to pricing in any way, as you will pay them, whether you are buying a Nissan GTR, Corvette Z06, Porsche GT3, or Chev Spark...

The price is spectacular, anyone who thinks otherwise is not in tune with the marketplace...
Old 11-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,191 Posts

That pricing definitely is spectacular, considering the C6 Z06 was over 90k to start and the ZR1 was more like 125k! So this is a MASSIVE discount, on a better car too.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:14 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

$90000 cars all have a small market appeal, not just Corvettes. And, given that GM builds a lot fewer Z06's in a year than Porsche does 911's at a significantly lower price, I don't think demand will be a problem for these cars... The guys you know who have the disposable income to buy a car at this or a higher price, just haven't investigated it yet... I grant you, there are a certain group of people out there that buy Ferraris, Lambos and Porsches because they are Ferraris, Lambos and Porsches, not for any reason that pertains to value, performance, appearance or price. Those people are not of interest to GM, I assure you, any more than GM is of interest to them...
Old 11-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Drifting

.... The guys you know who have the disposable income to buy a car at this or a higher price, just haven't investigated it yet... ...
Of the 7 guys Im thinking of, 3 dont like the styling ,... 2 said they dont want to be seen in a red neck car, and the last 2 said they dont want to drive an old man's car....

Unfortunately for GM, Corvettes still appeal mainly to older guys who have always liked them, or blue collar types who can make the payments.

GM is going to have a hard time selling Corvettes in 10-15 years , when the older guys who buy them arent around anymore... unless they can greatly expand it's market appeal.

Im sitting on the fence about getting a c7...Mainly because I really dislike the rear end styling, and Im thinking that it will be hard to sell down the line without giving it away... because of the small group of potential buyers for this car.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,191 Posts

GM is going to have a hard time selling Corvettes in 10-15 years , when the older guys who buy them arent around anymore... unless they can greatly expand it's market appeal.

That's one of the silliest things I've ever read on this forum. For one, you do realize that the "older guys" who aren't around in 15 years will be replaced by younger guys that turn into those older guys right? Second of all, the C7 is appealing to a younger crowd than past generations, and I think the C8 and C9 would continue that trend. I highly doubt that GM will have any trouble selling Corvettes in the future if they continue the trend of vastly improving the car with every generation while still offering it at a great price. They might have had trouble selling the C6 at the end of it's life cycle, however that was a product of the world economy more than anything else, and I think GM is going to sell boatloads of Corvettes over the next few decades.

Get notified of new replies

To 2015 Z06 Pricing

Old 11-09-2014, 11:30 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

That's one of the silliest things I've ever read on this forum. For one, you do realize that the "older guys" who aren't around in 15 years will be replaced by younger guys that turn into those older guys right? Second of all, the C7 is appealing to a younger crowd than past generations, and I think the C8 and C9 would continue that trend. I highly doubt that GM will have any trouble selling Corvettes in the future if they continue the trend of vastly improving the car with every generation while still offering it at a great price. They might have had trouble selling the C6 at the end of it's life cycle, however that was a product of the world economy more than anything else, and I think GM is going to sell boatloads of Corvettes over the next few decades.
I agree 200%!
Old 11-10-2014, 03:39 PM
Drifting

The older guys who wont be around in 10-15 years make up the majority of new Corvette buyers. They also tend to be very brand loyal , to Corvette , and tend to be repeat buyers.

For every 10 Corvettes I see on the road, 9 are driven by men with either gray hair or no hair. Im one of them.

There isnt enough younger buyers to offset the sales drop , when the older guys arent around to support the brand.

Neither of my son's...ages 26/ 29 ...or any of their friends have any interest in a Corvette....The older one, and some of his friends could afford a c7......They just dont want one.......Dream cars for them are Porsche and Jaguar.....It doesnt matter how the Corvette performs.....They just dont like the brand and brand image.....

Im not saying the brand will fold, but I dont think sales of 30k+ units/year are going to be sustainable......
Old 11-10-2014, 05:32 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

The older guys who wont be around in 10-15 years make up the majority of new Corvette buyers. They also tend to be very brand loyal , to Corvette , and tend to be repeat buyers.

For every 10 Corvettes I see on the road, 9 are driven by men with either gray hair or no hair. Im one of them.

There isnt enough younger buyers to offset the sales drop , when the older guys arent around to support the brand.

Neither of my son's...ages 26/ 29 ...or any of their friends have any interest in a Corvette....The older one, and some of his friends could afford a c7......They just dont want one.......Dream cars for them are Porsche and Jaguar.....It doesnt matter how the Corvette performs.....They just dont like the brand and brand image.....

Im not saying the brand will fold, but I dont think sales of 30k+ units/year are going to be sustainable......
There are lots of 20 somethings out there that don't necessarily like the Corvette. There is almost no more opinionated age group, certainly among the ages that are drivers. That is their prerogative, and their opinions are as valid as any other. They have opinions on everything, just like we all do, even on things that they really haven't investigated(cars, women, relationships, jobs). It has been my experience that the opinions held in ones' 20's do not always make their way into ones' 30's and 40's, and this probably is for the best in many cases! ;-)

By the way, the ratio of grey(or less) haired Corvette drivers is not very different from Ferrari drivers, Porsche drivers, Mercedes drivers, etc. I am sure the marketing teams of all of the above are aware of the demographics of their owners, and are working to appeal to younger clientele.

30,000 Corvettes in the US is a drop in the bucket, and in reasonable economic times is very attainable. 1000 Corvettes in Canada is a similar number, and also attainable assuming pricing and economy is reasonable. The one advantage the more expensive cars does tend to have is that they are less vulnerable to economic downturns, as many of the buyers of those cars HAVE MONEY, as opposed to Corvettes, whose relatively affordability often appeals to those that EARN MONEY. Neither group is superior to the other, it is simply a difference.

Quick Reply: 2015 Z06 Pricing