Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Wanted: 2015 Z06 Convertible Automatic

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 01:44 PM
patrocp
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted: 2015 Z06 Convertible Automatic

Can anyone please tell me how I can purchase a 2015 Z06 Conv, Automatic in Canada? I've been to 2 dealers now in Ontario. One in Bolton told me to forget it; will never happen and I'm better off waiting to buy used. Another one, Wilson Niblett, who is the largest Corvette dealer in all of Canada can't get me one but is willing to take a $5K deposit for 2017. Yes, not a typo, 2017.

I would be willing to buy one from US even, if they can sell me one or anywhere in North America, for that matter.

If anyone is on a waiting list and having second thoughts I'd be willing to pay you $1K cash on top of your deposit for your spot.

Any help is much appreciated.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,191 Posts

If anyone is going to actually sell their spot on the waiting list, I doubt $1000 is going to do it. More like $20,000.

Your best chance at getting a 2015 will be to wait for one to come up on the used car market, at a hefty price increase as well. Without a doubt, there will be people flipping these cars for a profit as soon as they take delivery of them.

It's a fantastic car at a great price, it's just sad that GM won't allow more of them to be sold in Canada, it sounds like we've got an extremely small allocation.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:16 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Whatever happened to "build to order"?
Old 11-09-2014, 05:00 PM
patrocp
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Patman
If anyone is going to actually sell their spot on the waiting list, I doubt $1000 is going to do it. More like $20,000.

Your best chance at getting a 2015 will be to wait for one to come up on the used car market, at a hefty price increase as well. Without a doubt, there will be people flipping these cars for a profit as soon as they take delivery of them.

It's a fantastic car at a great price, it's just sad that GM won't allow more of them to be sold in Canada, it sounds like we've got an extremely small allocation.
Good point. For those that are on the waiting list and interested in selling your spot, for whatever reason, please name you price. You can PM me if you prefer.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:47 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by patrocp
Good point. For those that are on the waiting list and interested in selling your spot, for whatever reason, please name you price. You can PM me if you prefer.
Be prepared to pay dearly. To be honest with you I don't know if it would be worth it to pay anyone for their spot. Sure you may be one of the few to have one for 2015 but a Z06 will depreciate just as fast as any C7. If you have money to blow I guess any price is acceptable.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:21 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
Be prepared to pay dearly. To be honest with you I don't know if it would be worth it to pay anyone for their spot. Sure you may be one of the few to have one for 2015 but a Z06 will depreciate just as fast as any C7. If you have money to blow I guess any price is acceptable.
if someone was buying, just to flip it at a profit, selling their spot would be the way to make the profit, and not even have to touch it or take delivery, easy money.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:22 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

Patrocp,

As a bit of background, I contacted EVERY Vette dealer in Canada before I found my 'straggler' that seemed to get overlooked. I counted 28 allocations which matched the number I was told by several dealers...and a GM representative. Your chances are exponentially lower than even that as you want a convertible.

The ONLY way I know of you to get a ZO6 to your design is through a U.S. purchase and resale to you. You would of course then have no warranty for the first 12k miles in Canada as that is a measure put in place to stop just that.

Having said that...if you were offering 20K premium for a Z06 Coupe, not only would I take it....but I would even post here that I nabbed that. As much as we hate people charging premiums ( and I do) I don't think anyone on this site would turn that offer down. Eheh

Oh and I was told 2017 by Niblet as well...I couldn't resist letting them know of my success at the end of my efforts.

Last edited by AllFlash; 11-09-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:26 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AllFlash
Patrocp,

As a bit of background, I contacted EVERY Vette dealer in Canada before I found my 'straggler' that seemed to get overlooked. I counted 28 allocations which matched the number I was told by several dealers...and a GM representative. Your chances are exponentially lower than even that as you want a convertible.

The ONLY way I know of you to get a ZO6 to your design is through a U.S. purchase and resale to you. You would of course then have no warranty for the first 12k miles in Canada as that is a measure put in place to stop just that.

Having said that...if you were offering 20K premium for a Z06 Coupe, not only would I take it....but I would even post here that I nabbed that. As much as we hate people charging premiums ( and I do) I don't think anyone on this site would turn that offer down. Eheh

Oh and I was told 2017 by Niblet as well...I couldn't resist letting them know of my success at the end of my efforts.
I don't know where you got the number 28 but there are 40 coming to Canada so far and that number may be changing.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:33 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Dealers, GM rep in the US and the actual count along the search. I would like to know where you got your number from as it us always great to hear updates.

And to clarify...my number ONLY included those that were told their allocations and not the several who stated what they believed they may be getting, as all dealers knew their allotment well before my search. There were, and still are, countless dealers who believe they will receive allotment but haven't been told yet. Unless a second allocation is made, they won't. I have heard absolutely no word of a later allocation or increase in number...although that would only make sense.

Last edited by AllFlash; 11-10-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:50 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Dealers, GM rep in the US and the actual count along the search. I would like to know where you got your number from as it us always great to hear updates.

And to clarify...my number ONLY included those that were told their allocations and not the several who stated what they believed they may be getting, as all dealers knew their allotment well before my search. There were, and still are, countless dealers who believe they will receive allotment but haven't been told yet. Unless a second allocation is made, they won't. I have heard absolutely no word of a later allocation or increase in number...although that would only make sense.
All I can tell you is that as of Friday there are 40 allocated for Canada but the number may change in January. This is from a high placed GM Canada source. It is unfortunate that there are some dealers that are going to play around with ridiculous "market adjustments" just to make an extra buck. I also found a few smaller dealers that are getting in on this game as well. What they don't realize is that if you screw over a customer now he will remember in the future. I am OK with the dealer making a profit by the way but there is a point when it becomes pure greed.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:58 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

All I can tell you is that as of Friday there are 40 allocated for Canada but the number may change in January. This is from a high placed GM Canada source. It is unfortunate that there are some dealers that are going to play around with ridiculous "market adjustments" just to make an extra buck. I also found a few smaller dealers that are getting in on this game as well. What they don't realize is that if you screw over a customer now he will remember in the future. I am OK with the dealer making a profit by the way but there is a point when it becomes pure greed.
Thanks....and to me, 40 would make sense as two prominent dealers that I am aware of (one in Toronto) stated they hadn't received a final number yet. Also, the US hasn't a full sellout so I expected a later allotment from there as well. I can say that there is not one available for allocation in Canada right now as I have been contacted by a few seeking allocation, and wondering if mine might be available.

As long as I am in the group....I'm a happy man!

Oh and the dealers that charge a premium are just as bad as so many dealers that have gladly taken 5K from guys in hopes of finding an allocation when they know they probably wont. I KNOW several who fall into this category and have upped 5K just to be put on a 'hope list'.

Last edited by AllFlash; 11-10-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:19 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Thanks....and to me, 40 would make sense as two prominent dealers that I am aware of (one in Toronto) stated they hadn't received a final number yet. Also, the US hasn't a full sellout so I expected a later allotment from there as well. I can say that there is not one available for allocation in Canada right now as I have been contacted by a few seeking allocation, and wondering if mine might be available.

As long as I am in the group....I'm a happy man!

Oh and the dealers that charge a premium are just as bad as so many dealers that have gladly taken 5K from guys in hopes of finding an allocation when they know they probably wont. I KNOW several who fall into this category and have upped 5K just to be put on a 'hope list'.
Nobody should be putting 5K down to be on a hope list. I can understand a few hundred so a dealer knows you are serious. That money should also be refundable if the time for allocation keeps dragging out. GM Canada is making it very difficult for car enthusiasts to purchase this car. They should open up allocations to any dealer that has an interested customer. This is not a limited edition Ferrari but they sure act like it.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:25 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Nobody should be putting 5K down to be on a hope list. I can understand a few hundred so a dealer knows you are serious. That money should also be refundable if the time for allocation keeps dragging out. GM Canada is making it very difficult for car enthusiasts to purchase this car. They should open up allocations to any dealer that has an interested customer. This is not a limited edition Ferrari but they sure act like it.
Agree with you totally but I can I know of several on this type of list who put tht 5K down already...and one with one of the countries largest sellers...
Old 11-11-2014, 12:47 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Agree with you totally but I can I know of several on this type of list who put tht 5K down already...and one with one of the countries largest sellers...
I hope they have paperwork that says their money is refundable anytime they want. If you don't have this guarantee they can hold your money until they can order a Z06 which is anything but a guess. The whole allocation system stinks. I know more than a few that have jumped out of the C7 game and purchased another vehicle. If GM marketing knew what they were doing they would get rid of the allocation model and let any dealer order any car at any time. The issue of constraints is also ridiculous. Forcing people to get the transparent roof instead of the painted is a good way of decreasing the inventory of transparent roofs. Since the car is in demand they can continue with these games. Watch what happens when demand tapers off and all of a sudden there are no constraints.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:08 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

I hope they have paperwork that says their money is refundable anytime they want. If you don't have this guarantee they can hold your money until they can order a Z06 which is anything but a guess. The whole allocation system stinks. I know more than a few that have jumped out of the C7 game and purchased another vehicle. If GM marketing knew what they were doing they would get rid of the allocation model and let any dealer order any car at any time. The issue of constraints is also ridiculous. Forcing people to get the transparent roof instead of the painted is a good way of decreasing the inventory of transparent roofs. Since the car is in demand they can continue with these games. Watch what happens when demand tapers off and all of a sudden there are no constraints.
My original 'waiting list' receipt (simply a new veh sales order with conditions listed) was 5K refundable and it wasn't until I heard of the non-refundable ones that I actually had one of those guys send me a copy just to ensure I was hearing them right. It was with the same dealer (of which neither of us is with any longer) and both questioned why one would be refundable and one not. We both left that dealer and today he is driving a new Vette and I have my Z06 order underway.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:20 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

My original 'waiting list' receipt (simply a new veh sales order with conditions listed) was 5K refundable and it wasn't until I heard of the non-refundable ones that I actually had one of those guys send me a copy just to ensure I was hearing them right. It was with the same dealer (of which neither of us is with any longer) and both questioned why one would be refundable and one not. We both left that dealer and today he is driving a new Vette and I have my Z06 order underway.
nice dealer, maybe they are in the wrong business.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:25 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by walleyejack
nice dealer, maybe they are in the wrong business.
Dealer? This is common and I can list off several who did the same with this years Z06. I am certain that there are several waiting lists at Corvette dealers across Canada where potential buyers quickly plopped down 5K in hopes, not realizing like most that their dealer invoice has 'non-refundable' on it.

Get notified of new replies

To Wanted: 2015 Z06 Convertible Automatic

Old 12-03-2014, 08:14 PM
patrocp
7th Gear

I got it. Unbelievable - posted a wanted ad on kijiji and new roads dealership in Newmarket answered me. They had 1 allotment left and available for automatic convertible. Paid my deposit and next day order was approved and confirmed. Very excited!!
Old 12-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,191 Posts

Cool! What color are you getting?
Old 12-03-2014, 11:12 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by patrocp
I got it. Unbelievable - posted a wanted ad on kijiji and new roads dealership in Newmarket answered me. They had 1 allotment left and available for automatic convertible. Paid my deposit and next day order was approved and confirmed. Very excited!!
I edited this post after learning that A8's are being accepoted in orders as of yesterday. Have you an order copy of the workbench? If so, I am shocked that your dealer somehow pulled that out of a hat after searching Kijiji considering the list of people on waiting lists in the region...if so all the power to ya and congrats!

Or wait...could that be a US vehicle being shipped acrossed rather than Cdn order/

Last edited by AllFlash; 12-04-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Wanted: 2015 Z06 Convertible Automatic