Received 898 Likes on 700 Posts

well.....its officially winter now
Old 12-11-2014, 03:24 PM
Ultimate Car & Truck
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
hope to go trail riding with Mike

You might need some more Horsepower to keep up to Mike.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:15 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Ultimate Car & Truck
You might need some more Horsepower to keep up to Mike.
Quite the dumping today, a good 8 to 10 inches
Old 12-11-2014, 09:14 PM
infernobuster
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RAGGDOLL
Quite the dumping today, a good 8 to 10 inches
Yep, broke out the sled and ran it into the local farm fields ..
Old 12-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,278 Likes on 923 Posts

I really need to get my winters installed...
Old 12-14-2014, 10:29 AM
NOCRISIS
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

who's doo did you pick up Mike??
Old 12-14-2014, 10:52 AM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by NOCRISIS
who's doo did you pick up Mike??
My BIL's
Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2014, 12:52 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Both those sleds look fast! I've never owned one and driven one once but it sure was fun. How much maintenance would you be req'd to do on these each season? My wife would like to get back into sledding (if her back can handle it) when we retire this June.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:26 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by gdh
Both those sleds look fast! I've never owned one and driven one once but it sure was fun. How much maintenance would you be req'd to do on these each season? My wife would like to get back into sledding (if her back can handle it) when we retire this June.
Depends on the sled and the year of it. As with anything, there is a certain amount of maintenance needed. You might get away with a couple of older (1999 - 2000) sleds for a couple of grand each.

Personally, with me and most I know, sledding isn't really a casual thing. Your either in it with both feet or your not.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:49 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

We're hoping to head up to visit with Brian so she can see how her back holds up (2 spinal fusions due to a drunk driver hitting her). If she can deal with it, we'd buy new, maybe 1 or 2 seasons use max. Looking at the possibility of buying on a lake so need something to have fun with when we stay in the cold over winters. We have a few friends that were into doing wknd cruises c/w hotel stays on or near the trails. Now that all of our kids are out carving their own way in the world they're considering getting back into the lifestyle.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:58 PM
QIK59
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by gdh
We're hoping to head up to visit with Brian so she can see how her back holds up (2 spinal fusions due to a drunk driver hitting her). If she can deal with it, we'd buy new, maybe 1 or 2 seasons use max. Looking at the possibility of buying on a lake so need something to have fun with when we stay in the cold over winters. We have a few friends that were into doing wknd cruises c/w hotel stays on or near the trails. Now that all of our kids are out carving their own way in the world they're considering getting back into the lifestyle.
Originally Posted by RAGGDOLL
Depends on the sled and the year of it. As with anything, there is a certain amount of maintenance needed. You might get away with a couple of older (1999 - 2000) sleds for a couple of grand each.

Personally, with me and most I know, sledding isn't really a casual thing. Your either in it with both feet or your not.
Truest thing said re maintenance and "either you're in it with both feet or you're not".

Greg so you gonna buy a new pick up truck , trailer , couple of sleds , clothes and then work on them half your spare time - I don't think so.

Farm where I hang out : all the young guys were into it until married , kids etc - I never bothered : to big an investment in time and money for too little use.
Like I need more sh#! to work on LOL
Old 12-18-2014, 06:56 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by QIK59
Truest thing said re maintenance and "either you're in it with both feet or you're not".

Greg so you gonna buy a new pick up truck , trailer , couple of sleds , clothes and then work on them half your spare time - I don't think so.

Farm where I hang out : all the young guys were into it until married , kids etc - I never bothered : to big an investment in time and money for too little use.
Like I need more sh#! to work on LOL

True for most; but Mike and myself live in areas that get a lot of snow, we have easy access to the ice, and speaking for myself, no kids to get in the way. I tend to use mine a lot more the past few years to go ice fishing more so than trail riding. Some weekends up here, the trails are as busy as the 400.....hence why 90% of my 6500+km last season were on the bay.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:33 PM
QIK59
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by briankeery
True for most; but Mike and myself live in areas that get a lot of snow, we have easy access to the ice, and speaking for myself, no kids to get in the way. I tend to use mine a lot more the past few years to go ice fishing more so than trail riding. Some weekends up here, the trails are as busy as the 400.....hence why 90% of my 6500+km last season were on the bay.
That is understood - that for you guys further north sledding is a big part of your life.

For guys down here it is an undertaking that you have to commit to.
My younger friends used to go on 2 - 3 big weekends staying in North Bay etc.
I could have gone with them anytime - but I already have my Corvette's (that they don't have) to devote my time and energy to - I don't need to invest and deal with owning a truck, trailer, storage issues etc etc just for a few weekends of fun

Even the guys my age (who are basically millionaires) only go sledding a couple of weekends a season.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:32 PM
CTD
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

It's time for a little Mountain input some boosted E TEC stuff These are under the skin photo's, when the plastic is back on it looks near stock.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:59 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

No worries Qik, would only get them if Anne's back could handle it and we bought a lakefront property up north. No interest in buying a pickup or hauling the thing from here up north.

B, didn't know that those trails were so busy. I have no interest in any type of fishing. We're just looking at winter possibilities up here vs just heading south and support another country's economy instead of our own.

CDT - now that looks like it would be a blast hitting the mtns with the E TEC. Pls post videos if possible. I have cousins in Revelstoke and always talk about Sicamous and Shuswap Lake region as the perfect 4 season area of Canada. They were originally from Toronto.

Last edited by gdh; 12-19-2014 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:18 AM
QIK59
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by gdh
No worries Qik, would only get them if Anne's back could handle it and we bought a lakefront property up north. No interest in buying a pickup or hauling the thing from here up north.

B, didn't know that those trails were so busy. I have no interest in any type of fishing. We're just looking at winter possibilities up here vs just heading south and support another country's economy instead of our own.

CDT - now that looks like it would be a blast hitting the mtns with the E TEC. Pls post videos if possible. I have cousins in Revelstoke and always talk about Sicamous and Shuswap Lake region as the perfect 4 season area of Canada. They were originally from Toronto.
The trails are (like) highways LOL - with lanes, speed limits, cops with radar, spot checks, license & insce checks, busy as all get out at times.

Get notified of new replies

To Well, it's officially winter...

Old 12-19-2014, 03:25 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

I know it isn't even officially winter just yet, but so far I haven't hated the weather too badly, it's been quite mild and not a lot of snow. I know it could still be a brutal Jan-Feb-March, but it's nice that it hasn't started out as bad this year as it did last. I have been able to take my Corvette out for a drive at least once every couple of weeks for the past two months, and I'm hoping the trend continues! Although a mild winter is still not as good as warm sunny weather in my books, which is why I'm off to Punta Cana on Boxing Day, and then for 4 days in the middle of February we're off to Florida for an extra long Family Day weekend. Then I'm hoping for 20 degree weather in March, so that way it won't even feel like winter came at all for me this year
Old 12-19-2014, 08:51 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

First it was 'Polar Vortex', then 'Frostquakes' and now 'Santa Bomb'

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/weathe...-24/ar-BBgVVBh
Old 12-20-2014, 12:56 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Good thing I've already made it to the Beer and Liquor store.........

Quick Reply: Well, it's officially winter...