Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Acura ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 05:09 PM
slickpete83
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

how is the build quality of 2009-2014 Acura TL type-SH 3.7 L J37A4 (305 hp) V6 (SH-AWD) ???
Old 12-15-2014, 06:47 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,287 Likes on 932 Posts

Too ugly, no one cared :P
Old 12-30-2014, 01:56 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

well, i am the happy owner ( so far ) of TL Type S. time will teĺl, i looked hi n low, there are a few around, some with well over 200k, wasn t interested. some priced competitivly, but private sellers, opted to pay the same or less than private sales from a reputable dealer, with very low km,where at least i may have some help if there are immediate issues. thanks to all for their advice. one can never have enough input. should be snagging it tomorrow or Flyday.

Al
Old 12-30-2014, 09:04 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Congrats on the buy! Take good care of her and she will take care of you!

Where abouts are you located? If you ever need any help on it, I know them inside and out. Have had a few of them and worked on many!

Happy new year!
Old 12-30-2014, 09:22 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Apocolipse
Congrats on the buy! Take good care of her and she will take care of you!

Where abouts are you located? If you ever need any help on it, I know them inside and out. Have had a few of them and worked on many!

Happy new year!
thank you sir. am in Whitby. and i appreciate the offer.
wasn t the color i was looking for exactly, but was in the top 3. reread the posts and input on these cars, and the Tl, sound like awesome little cars, am excited to start wheeling it, but how can one get excited at my age about a car. lol

thanks Al
Old 12-31-2014, 01:08 AM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Well if you don't like it, I'll buy it off ya

I have buddies that paint and others that wrap cars if you are interested as well.

Sorry for the plugs lol
Old 12-31-2014, 08:46 AM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Not true at all

Originally Posted by Apocolipse
If you like the v6 you should take the older boosted 4 out for a rip. It destroys the v6.
What are you saying?The 4 is not fast and sucks gaz like crazy.I sell them all the time.The new v-6 is much better in every way.Turbo 4 made only 240 h.p.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:55 AM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

The 4 has slightly more tq due to the instant spool of the turbo than the 6 does, and you can also flash it with a Hondata tune to up the boost by a bit. Looks like they were able to achieve almost 280wtq 230whp on an awd dyno.

Here is the link for the hondata flash:

http://www.hondata.com/reflash_rdx.html

The new rdx doesn't even have sh-awd... Acura stupidly pulled it out of the new model to make it less expensive and "better" on gas which is a total joke, may as well buy a CRV now. By removing sh-awd it is basically a fwd "suv". I understand people may not be using that feature...but lots of people around here buy range rovers that are not planning on going through 2ft of water or rock climbing either. Seems to me like a cheater way to save a few bucks and squinch a bit better mileage. Maybe they should make a fwd v6 corvette since not many people track them anyhow...

This video is basically the difference between the two systems now. The lexus being equal to the type of awd system the CRV and now rdx employ compared to the sh-awd:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qRQTMf1DddA

Also, in an actual real world 0-60mph test, the old turbo rdx pulls on the new one....especially if you get a tune!

Say what you want but the original version was much better of a vehicle in every way...especially for the driver. Good luck in snow with the new one, that cheap "awd" system won't get you out of places my rdx can easily go about. She's a monster in the snow and I love her for it.

Last edited by Apocolipse; 12-31-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Red Devil
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
well, i am the happy owner ( so far ) of TL Type S. time will teĺl, i looked hi n low, there are a few around, some with well over 200k, wasn t interested. some priced competitivly, but private sellers, opted to pay the same or less than private sales from a reputable dealer, with very low km,where at least i may have some help if there are immediate issues. thanks to all for their advice. one can never have enough input. should be snagging it tomorrow or Flyday.

Al
Congrats Al! It really is an awesome looking and preforming car in every way. You're more than welcome to come by and check out some of the mods I believe took the car to the next level while leaving all the creature comforts in place.

Happy New Years!
Old 01-01-2015, 03:51 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Red Devil
Congrats Al! It really is an awesome looking and preforming car in every way. You're more than welcome to come by and check out some of the mods I believe took the car to the next level while leaving all the creature comforts in place.

Happy New Years!
thank you sir. have a couple issues that apparently no one knew of when i made the deal and didn t fix when i picked it up, i checked, not resolved and the sales manager says he knew nothing, goes inside to ask what was up, comes back and says parts where back ordered, who knows, could be, or maybe they thought i wouldn t check, not a big deal, is couring to me when they come in, two hood struts, trunk spare tire board or cover, and the owners manual, hard to program anything if i can t see how to do it. i figured some out, salesman says he will show me everything, didn t even know how to pair the phone. tried to get info from Acurazine, but wouldn t let me open the owners manual. i will have to be patient.

thanks Al

Quick Reply: Acura ?