Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Fuel Stats released for C7 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 03:23 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Fuel Stats released for C7 Z06

"When equipped with the eight-speed paddle-shifted transmission, the car is supposed to achieve 13 mpg around town and 23 on the highway, producing a combined average of 16 mpg. While this is a bit of a drop from the standard C7 Stignray, we have to remember one thing… this car is being propelled by a 6.2-liter supercharged V8, that cranks out a whopping 650 hp and 650 lb-ft or torque!"

This vette is just going to be incredible! Wouldn't mind picking up a convertible version in the near future.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:31 PM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by gdh
"When equipped with the eight-speed paddle-shifted transmission, the car is supposed to achieve 13 mpg around town and 23 on the highway, producing a combined average of 16 mpg. While this is a bit of a drop from the standard C7 Stignray, we have to remember one thing… this car is being propelled by a 6.2-liter supercharged V8, that cranks out a whopping 650 hp and 650 lb-ft or torque!"

This vette is just going to be incredible! Wouldn't mind picking up a convertible version in the near future.
Agreed! The fact that you can get a factory Z06 convertible makes it al the more

Another camper beside us at Carlisle two years ago had a true Z06 C6 convertible and it was exceptional. Apparently the factory had tested a few. That the C7 is as rigid in convertible as it is in coupe form is testament to some really fantastic design engineering. I mean, how many factory (or any) convertibles could handle 650 lb ft of torque?
Old 11-28-2014, 09:58 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Default a c6 z06 convertible 2 years ago???????

Originally Posted by PaulUptime
Agreed! The fact that you can get a factory Z06 convertible makes it al the more

Another camper beside us at Carlisle two years ago had a true Z06 C6 convertible and it was exceptional. Apparently the factory had tested a few. That the C7 is as rigid in convertible as it is in coupe form is testament to some really fantastic design engineering. I mean, how many factory (or any) convertibles could handle 650 lb ft of torque?
What is that all about?
Old 11-28-2014, 10:16 PM
tfi racing
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

That's fantastic!I'm sure those that were on the fence on how to spend all that cash they were about to light cigars with now can buy a Z06 and brag to their Tesla and Lexus Hybrid driving pals at the country club about what great mileage their new Corvette gets!

Last edited by tfi racing; 11-28-2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:49 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

That would have been cool to see, I wonder how he was able to purchase a prototype. Your Corvette travel stories always yield some incredibly interesting findings, you could easilly be the next "Jack" but without travelling in your C2 solo.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:24 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,281 Likes on 926 Posts

OR maybe it shows how NOT stiff the coupe is lol
Old 12-05-2014, 08:50 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by tfi racing
That's fantastic!I'm sure those that were on the fence on how to spend all that cash they were about to light cigars with now can buy a Z06 and brag to their Tesla and Lexus Hybrid driving pals at the country club about what great mileage their new Corvette gets!
In many ways the Tesla is one of the best cars available anywhere. I am considering one. If some backyard engineer figures out how to make large capacity batteries cheaply all of our high powered gasoline sports cars will be obsolete and worth nothing in a very short time. Electric cars are the way of the future like it or not.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:08 AM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
In many ways the Tesla is one of the best cars available anywhere. I am considering one. If some backyard engineer figures out how to make large capacity batteries cheaply all of our high powered gasoline sports cars will be obsolete and worth nothing in a very short time. Electric cars are the way of the future like it or not.
Agreed completely! The Cadillac ELR I drove in Sept and October really opened my eyes to how great driving an EV can be, though I think it's still a bit early for me to want a full BEV (battery-only electric vehicle.)

I mean, when we were touring with the PHEV ELR we'd lose battery range and while it was disappointing it's no trip-breaker as the ICE range extender seamlessly kicks in and you keep going on gas. Knowing I'd be dead in a full BEV without time and a place to charge still concerns me. That said, it would be nice to get off oil completely - if only to reduce giving business to places in this world we keep having to send troops into. There's the relative simplicity and lower maintenance of a full EV, too.

The ELR is a beautiful car, inside and out. Probably the first domestic I completely feel that way about, with the C7 being a close second. Out on the road, we got lots of positive comments and - like being in our C2! Plugging in and recharging becomes an effortless ritual and becoming available in more and more places every day. Even better that you have single occupant access to HOV lanes and premium parking spaces with free charging! You just don't think about "having" to go to the gas station again - and when you do it feels like a step backwards.

The Tesla Model S P85D: Dual motors, AWD, 691 hp, 3.2 to 60 is certainly a game changer though!

There's no need for coal rolling sentinments though. Most anti-EV comments have me scratching my head wondering why. As enthusiasts why do we care if it ain't burning oil? Sure they're expensive now, most high-tech hi perf cars are - but that will come down and it will be good for everyone. It's great to have choices!
Old 12-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Most anti-EV comments have me scratching my head wondering why. As enthusiasts why do we care if it ain't burning oil? Sure they're expensive now, most high-tech hi perf cars are - but that will come down and it will be good for everyone. It's great to have choices!
For me, it ain't so much the car, even if it is only short range. It's the manufacturing of the components of the car that come from places where there is very little to no regulation in regards to pollution.

If they are going to make a Zero Emission car, it would be nice if the manufacturing of the components were also zero emission. Otherwise, the argument is, what's the point? But, we have to start somewhere. The EV is a step in the right direction, but the manufacturing process behind the EV still has a long way to go.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:02 PM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
For me, it ain't so much the car, even if it is only short range. It's the manufacturing of the components of the car that come from places where there is very little to no regulation in regards to pollution.

If they are going to make a Zero Emission car, it would be nice if the manufacturing of the components were also zero emission. Otherwise, the argument is, what's the point? But, we have to start somewhere. The EV is a step in the right direction, but the manufacturing process behind the EV still has a long way to go.
Nothing produced or consumed is ever going to be zero emission. Even our dinner tonight!

As for the manufacture of most car components, the same can be said for car and all items these days. Pretty soon there will be a global carbon tax placed on components where the process is measured at the factory. No doubt this will raise taxes but I believe the market will accept that providing it actually results in a cleaner world we all share, and is truly a level playing field. So far, the US and China are on board with this.

Tesla's forthcoming battery "gigafactory" is going to be bigger than all existing factories combined - and it's in Nevada. That plant is going to be under massive scrutiny, allowing Musk's solar production interests to be showcased as well.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:23 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

The new Formula E racing series is entertaining to watch. Next 2 races are on Fox Dec 13th and Jan 10th on FOX. The sound is very different as you are actually hearing the gear whine not the engines. Was interesting to watch the battery discharge and how they swap cars during the race. There are a few former F1 drivers in the series. Andretti Racing is running 1 or 2 cars. Definitely not like the typical F1 parade. With the R&D from Tesla as well as Mercedes, Renault and Ferrai hopefully battery storage , regeneration and recycling technology will advance at a rapid pace.

Last edited by gdh; 12-05-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel Stats released for C7 Z06

Quick Reply: Fuel Stats released for C7 Z06