Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Canadian Availability of US 2015 Z06s in Ontario

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 10:57 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts
Default Canadian Availability of US 2015 Z06s in Ontario

Posting this as there is a severe shortage of 2015 Z06/7 allocations in Canada and I have received several pm's asking for assistance over the last 2 months plus (answered these individually by the way).

I know of an Ontario Dealer who will be making available Z06 US allocations in the double digits and arrival potentially can be soon for those interested.

Logistics such as that 12k mile warranty exclusion and pricing not in stone yet but I trust he will be fair in pricing. PM if interested...Just trying to help out.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:44 PM
frankmp
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I just don't get how a CND dealer can get NEW Zo6's and sell here when GM bans US dealers selling me a NEW one......

Also just curious what dealer is what fair price is??
Old 12-04-2014, 07:53 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

Visit Sherwood and ask. They tried to sell me one not 2 weeks ago and sold it to someone I sent their way from what I am told. I have no affiliation with ANY dealership, but to help those wanting a Vette to find one as many did helping me find mine.

I know of three well established Vette dealers doing it right now. Agree completely that it is an unfair process to consumers but there are loop holes. All Vettes brought in are sold as used, even with only a few miles from BG on them. They are subject to a 12k mile warranty levy but at least one dealer is covering that period in their own shop. This latest dealer is calculating their cost from the dealership in the US, plus exchange and taxes, and then adding on just a bit to make it worth their while.

You are still not getting that car at Canadian pricing with exchange...but you are getting it this month, in Canada.

Send me a pm and I will send you the number of the salesman and you can ask. He asked that I not post it.

Last edited by AllFlash; 12-04-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:45 PM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

GM Canada is shooting themselves in the foot by not making more Z06 models available to Canadian dealers. There are single digit allotments available for Ontario. That is pretty ridiculous. Congratulations GM Canada you may have a hot car at the moment but you are pushing customers over to Porsche and other brands because of your stupid allotment models.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:46 PM
Jon04CTSV
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b4i4getit
GM Canada is shooting themselves in the foot by not making more Z06 models available to Canadian dealers. There are single digit allotments available for Ontario. That is pretty ridiculous. Congratulations GM Canada you may have a hot car at the moment but you are pushing customers over to Porsche and other brands because of your stupid allotment models.
GM Canada is not the one deciding how many Z06s are coming to Canada. Trust me, no one in Oshawa is saying "Let's sell less Corvettes".

Same thing with trucks, full size SUVs, HD trucks, etc. It's all hot product and if GM US would give Canada more, we would gladly take them.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:37 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,192 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon04CTSV
GM Canada is not the one deciding how many Z06s are coming to Canada. Trust me, no one in Oshawa is saying "Let's sell less Corvettes".

Same thing with trucks, full size SUVs, HD trucks, etc. It's all hot product and if GM US would give Canada more, we would gladly take them.
I'm a little confused as to the way they are doing business right now, for example I keep hearing how if you are in Canada and you want to order a 2015 Stingray (not even a Z06, but just a regular 2015) that you might not get one and will need to wait for a 2016, as the allocations for Canada for this year are filled already. But yet there are dealers in the US like Kerbeck with 100 new Stingrays on their lot and 100 more in transit. Why can't they allocate 1000 more Stingrays up here? Same goes with the Z06, they could easily allow a few more to make their way up here, they aren't fully spoked for in the US for 2015. It just makes me shake my head
Old 12-13-2014, 08:41 PM
-=ICE=-
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was explained when I wamted to order a C7 13 months ago and than waited 3 months to be told GM doesn't care about Canada at all, to our fault we as a country don't purchase as many corvettes as a single state in the USA so basically they don't care about us here and would gladly let stock sit in a parking lot in the usa than sell one to someone that actually really wants one...

Cancelled order, bought my ZR1... Almost walked away from the corvette because of GM's lack of care of us up here..
Old 12-14-2014, 12:41 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

From all the horror stories so far on the C7 Z06 forum, you are in much better shape enjoying that beautiful ZR1, IMHO.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:22 PM
-=ICE=-
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by briankeery
From all the horror stories so far on the C7 Z06 forum, you are in much better shape enjoying that beautiful ZR1, IMHO.

Honestly BEST car I've ever owned ! Really the ZR1 is worth every penny and can't believe when I see one for sale and people complain it's too expensive and expecting to pricing it down match a base C6. Just like this Z06 believe it will be underrated and not fully appreciated until you get your hands on the Key's

Then it's
Old 12-17-2014, 06:04 PM
SpartaGus
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts

Brian Cullen's Elite Collection in St Catherine's had 2 of them. Still one left. 3LZ $119,900 delivery date is March 6 2015. It's funny 3 weeks ago they had them for $114,000. Maybe a change in our dollar? Who knows!

It's in the Autotrader.ca if anyone is interested.

Get notified of new replies

To Canadian Availability of US 2015 Z06s in Ontario

Quick Reply: Canadian Availability of US 2015 Z06s in Ontario