Canadian Events Canada, eh?

2015 ZO6 Black and Blue !

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 09:33 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Actually, even it it turns out the New Viper (Which I actually love as well) is still faster, I really don't care. Personally, I don't have to "prove anything" on the street. There's always a faster car, there's some 4 cylinder imports out there that will destroy many of our cars here. I'm not losing ANY sleep over it.

I still LOVE the New Z06 and will buy one in the future, regardless of what one internet video results were.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:38 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by corrado
That heat soak/ECU issue will be fixed and it WILL be faster than both the ZR1 and C6 Z06. GUARANTEED. The next gen is pretty much always faster than the last (Besides the gas crisis, leaded/non-leaded years)
Sorry but you can't guarantee that and you know it - IF and it's a big IF it is the 'tune', you really think GM will recall all delivered vehicles and update the tune? don't see it happening.

Again, I like the car and want it to shine - just not happening 'yet'

by the way Corrado - nice mural job at Champion Motors buddy!! Well done!! Showed my wife the pictures - may have to hire you for my garage
Old 12-10-2014, 09:43 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

Accordingly it is not a heat soak issue, but rather, ECM settings that were intended as such for the better of the consumer, if I read correct in the response from GM. How do we find it slower when it is being found much faster with a few small adjustments and changes? Let me throw a wild thought out there for you... How could this car even have been broken in considering it was received a day or two before? That in itself should speak to that video. You don't think this could have affected things?

I must be nuts to hear people complain that it is the ECM rather than heat soak issues but there are threads that say just that.

First year release, conservative settings, one video with questionable driving skills, already proven significant performance increases through minor tuning and now we know there are no issues with respect to heat. How good does it get?

Oh and a Chrysler comparison... The ONLY thing that piece of crap product has on this is the fact that it pulled away in the first road race of the year. Wouldnt catch my *** dead in that...

Am I off base at all? This car has one of a kind appearance, a wicked interior, great exterior, the ability to configure it as your own to include both vert and auto, and it is fast as hell...at a better price. Beat that anywhere. Really people we are getting a car that should be 5 times the price for under 100K...

Oh and one other thing... being a very limited Canadian edition in the end... do you think this might hold its value just a bit better than average at all?

Last edited by AllFlash; 12-10-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:09 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by RedZ4me
Sorry but you can't guarantee that and you know it - IF and it's a big IF it is the 'tune', you really think GM will recall all delivered vehicles and update the tune? don't see it happening.

Again, I like the car and want it to shine - just not happening 'yet'

by the way Corrado - nice mural job at Champion Motors buddy!! Well done!! Showed my wife the pictures - may have to hire you for my garage
Thank you sir!

The problem, if there even is one, WILL be addressed in the second year model. Another reason I never buy first year of any car. (Also in this case, almost impossible to get one, not to mention I don't have the $90 or Grand in my pocket at the moment).

Can't wait to see some new Zs on the road next season! Saw a bunch of them at Carlisle and they are AWESOME! Best looking Vettes yet!

Last edited by corrado; 12-10-2014 at 10:16 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-10-2014, 10:10 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

[QUOTE=AllFlash;1588452236]Accordingly it is not a heat soak issue, but rather, ECM settings that were intended as such for the better of the consumer, if I read correct in the response from GM. How do we find it slower when it is being found much faster with a few small adjustments and changes? Let me throw a wild thought out there for you... How could this car even have been broken in considering it was received a day or two before? That in itself should speak to that video. You don't think this could have affected things?

I must be nuts to hear people complain that it is the ECM rather than heat soak issues but there are threads that say just that.

First year release, conservative settings, one video with questionable driving skills, already proven significant performance increases through minor tuning and now we know there are no issues with respect to heat. How good does it get?

Oh and a Chrysler comparison... The ONLY thing that piece of crap product has on this is the fact that it pulled away in the first road race of the year. Wouldnt catch my *** dead in that...

Am I off base at all? This car has one of a kind appearance, a wicked interior, great exterior, the ability to configure it as your own to include both vert and auto, and it is fast as hell...at a better price. Beat that anywhere. Really people we are getting a car that should be 5 times the price for under 100K...

Oh and one other thing... being a very limited Canadian edition in the end... do you think this might hold its value just a bit better than average at all?[/QUOTE]

________________________________________ ________________________________________ _______________________________

You mean like when the 2007 Shelby GT500 'limited/was supposed to be a 2, maybe 3 year car' came out and now in it's 8th year production........ (I still have the mag with Fords quote in it stating that by the way) Ford suckered alot of people that paid premium back then

Ah........NO !!!! Those days are gone with a few exceptions. (Ford GT - 2005-2006 is one )
Old 12-10-2014, 10:16 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Canada received very limited allocation with Canadian specs... as low as 28 but maybe as high as 40. There is absolutely NO word as of yet of further Canadian allocation. I don't plan on selling anytime soon but if and when I do, I am pretty comfortable with that fact.

As for next year being bigger and better, that has always been inevitable. It is also inevitable that the price is going to jump...and that again is very good. Simple logic.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:25 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AllFlash
Canada received very limited allocation with Canadian specs... as low as 28 but maybe as high as 40. There is absolutely NO word as of yet of further Canadian allocation. I don't plan on selling anytime soon but if and when I do, I am pretty comfortable with that fact.

As for next year being bigger and better, that has always been inevitable. It is also inevitable that the price is going to jump...and that again is very good. Simple logic.
Simple logic does not apply to todays car market - believe what you want but I'll bet against you and say you are wrong. Again - Shelby - was the same story, most dealers only got a few in 2007, some none - and look today. GM is there to make money so cars will continue to be made or they go under - that's the simple logic. Anyways, not stirring it - good luck with your decision and enjoy life as it really is short.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:32 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Not buying for resale... This is a dream car... I am sure we will meet up sometime Red being so close...
Old 12-10-2014, 10:44 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AllFlash
Not buying for resale... This is a dream car... I am sure we will meet up sometime Red being so close...
over a beer - all good
Old 12-10-2014, 07:12 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Not necessarily.

That heat soak/ECU issue will be fixed and it WILL be faster than both the ZR1 and C6 Z06. GUARANTEED. The next gen is pretty much always faster than the last (Besides the gas crisis, leaded/non-leaded years)
It is much heavier than a Zr1 and had 12 h.p more.I dont think it will be either quicker or faster.I d be curious to see if id stick a set of those new tires they have on the c7 z06 onto my zr1 what the lap times would be.The new one does have a killer interior.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:00 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by camirocz
It is much heavier than a Zr1 and had 12 h.p more.I dont think it will be either quicker or faster.I d be curious to see if id stick a set of those new tires they have on the c7 z06 onto my zr1 what the lap times would be.The new one does have a killer interior.
That's true. The ZR1 is a Beast, one of my customers let me drive their ZR1 with some Lingenfelter upgrades and you couldn't wash the smile off my face with a firehose!

Is the winter over yet? I just wanna drive my car dammit!
Old 12-12-2014, 12:21 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you sir!

The problem, if there even is one, WILL be addressed in the second year model. Another reason I never buy first year of any car. (Also in this case, almost impossible to get one, not to mention I don't have the $90 or Grand in my pocket at the moment).

Can't wait to see some new Zs on the road next season! Saw a bunch of them at Carlisle and they are AWESOME! Best looking Vettes yet!
RedZ wants you to do his garage, sounds like he is offering to assist with your 90K issue!!! ;-)

Mural looks awesome, as always, Corrado.

Quick Reply: 2015 ZO6 Black and Blue !