Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Got scammed today...out $250!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 09:23 PM
Sue Priest
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by family-man
Ok, I just recieved a PM from "Sue Priest"...

Hi,

I am doing everything I can to get this person who scammed us. I am working with the Durham Regional Police, Interac and my bank to get our money back.

I need to know if you contacted your local police and filed a report. If so, I will need the report number so we can join forces.

Interac has informed me that they do have the banking information for the scammer (Pauline Bratton, if that's its name, probably not!) but cannot release it without an order from the police.

I am going to contact "ChelseaBoy" as well.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Sue

I find it a big coincidence that "Chelsea boy" and "Sue Priest" are new members and she is seeking this info and they both were scammed on the same day as me. Does anybody actually know sue priest or Chelsea boy?
Hey! Not a coincidence at all. I am going to get the money back somehow as I have been informed that Interac has the scammer's banking information but cannot give it to me due to privacy policy but they can give the information to the police. The police must provide Interac with a Production Order to gain the banking information. I am not going to let this go until this scammer is caught. I am monitoring the kijiji website to see if he/she posts anything for the Leafs next game. I have contacted MLSE and Kijiji and advised them of what's going on. Feel free to message me here or via email.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:22 PM
1z062nv
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats pure BS... it ruins it for the honest people like myself and others. I just sold JT tickets for my sister among alot of other merchandise. The buyer and his wife didnt want to get scammed either, and i totally understand them. Give them my house address and phone number and they felt more comfortable otherwise they were going to pass up on the tickets. one word... KARMA
Old 12-16-2014, 06:08 PM
family-man
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by 1z062nv
thats pure BS... it ruins it for the honest people like myself and others. I just sold JT tickets for my sister among alot of other merchandise. The buyer and his wife didnt want to get scammed either, and i totally understand them. Give them my house address and phone number and they felt more comfortable otherwise they were going to pass up on the tickets. one word... KARMA
Yea, I don't blame those buyers one bit. For now on, I will make sure to meet in person and get hard tickets in hand. All I can say for sure is that this is a lesson learned. Glad it's only $250 and not more. Karma will catch up with these people, that's for damn sure!
Old 12-16-2014, 06:15 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Yea, I don't blame those buyers one bit. For now on, I will make sure to meet in prson and get hard tickets in hand. All I can say for sure is that this is a lesson learned. Glad it's only $250 and not more. Karma will catch up with these people, that's for damn sure!
i don t want to be negative in this thread but hard tickets can also be counterfiet, as some people have found . very sad
Old 12-16-2014, 07:50 PM
Stickshiftsteve
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I only buy from a scalper I know.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:21 AM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Stickshiftsteve
I only buy from a scalper I know.
I never got an email back, surprise, surprise.

OT, but related. I was in Tampa with my wife, SIL and BIL a few years ago. Bought 4 tix from a scalper. Paid for bottom bowl, isle seats. Tix said so. Got to the arena, gave tix to door guy, he looked at me, the tix, licked his thumb, rubbed ink off the tix, what appeared?, top bowl, top row. We couldn't have gotten further from the ice if we tried.

I guess scalper used a whiteboard marker to change the section number. BIL didn't look close enough I guess.

Live and learn.

dodosmike
Old 12-18-2014, 09:47 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Family_man, any updates on the scam status ? i guess the other two gave up
Old 12-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by WildWilly55
Hey Les----back again?????
Lol. Guess not.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:07 PM
family-man
Drifting

Originally Posted by walleyejack
Family_man, any updates on the scam status ? i guess the other two gave up
Went to bmo today and spoke with the manager since I had to deposit my work cheque, and he said they really can't do nothing. As far as the police, I have a "occurrence #" but they haven't gotten back to me. When the officer came to my place on Sunday, she pretty much said they wont be able to do much. So I don't know what else to do.

Ever since the scam on Saturday though, I've gotten text messages from a Japan email (email ends with .jp) with links to a fake coach website and I googled "coach japan" and the LEGIT coach website address is nothing like the one I received in the text. I clicked the link and website offering coach items at 70% off and free shipping WORLDWIDE. Obviously a scam. but the website looks so legit as if it was the real Coach website (but its not).
Old 12-18-2014, 08:35 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Went to bmo today and spoke with the manager since I had to deposit my work cheque, and he said they really can't do nothing. As far as the police, I have a "occurrence #" but they haven't gotten back to me. When the officer came to my place on Sunday, she pretty much said they wont be able to do much. So I don't know what else to do.

Ever since the scam on Saturday though, I've gotten text messages from a Japan email (email ends with .jp) with links to a fake coach website and I googled "coach japan" and the LEGIT coach website address is nothing like the one I received in the text. I clicked the link and website offering coach items at 70% off and free shipping WORLDWIDE. Obviously a scam. but the website looks so legit as if it was the real Coach website (but its not).
Terrible, i guess that is how the scumbags get started, then some people keep falling for the crap. i thought SuePriest was going to set the world on fire, but there flamed out also. well good luck.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:50 AM
Jutskin
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
Sorry about you getting scammed but is that really what hockey tickets cost nowadays? Yikes! I'm glad I hate hockey and love baseball, I bought a 15 game flex pack for the 2015 Blue Jays season and it cost me under $400 for me and my wife!

except love hockey and do not watch because of the leafs...case in point...last night.

Bought flex pack too....we should go together to a couple games this year Pat.

I got ripped on Kijiji once too.....twice even , amp needed work, was suppose to be perfect...be skeptical first and foremost.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-19-2014, 03:21 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Originally Posted by Jutskin

Bought flex pack too....we should go together to a couple games this year Pat.
Yes indeed! My wife might skip a couple of the games that I've bought tickets for, so I"ll give you a shout and you can take her spot Chris!
Old 12-20-2014, 11:17 AM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Kijiji scams been around for a while now.....

Sorry to hear.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:29 AM
c7rvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

let the scumbag know that its a matter of time before you get his full name and address....and you will get it if your persistent enough....then return the favor....
Old 12-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,918 Likes on 1,190 Posts

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51
Kijiji scams been around for a while now.....

Sorry to hear.
FWIW my wife and I have gotten tickets twice from Kijiji but in both cases we met the seller in person first before handing over the money. I know it's still a bit risky doing this, however the risk is lessened considerably when someone meets you in person, especially if you see what car they drive and get a licence plate number.

So number one I would suggest people avoid kijiji and go to Stub Hub, but if they must use kijiji, at least meet the person face to face instead of just blindly sending money over the internet.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:43 PM
FivePointFarms
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am sure that law enforcement will work on your behalf and make all right.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:43 AM
kencz51
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The scammers are working overtime this season. I have been getting a lot of the discount on Canada goose products emails and links on Facebook. Canada goose, last time I checked still do not discount their jackets. Some people don't mind buying the knock off stuff. But if they are ripping off the companies, why would you trust them with your credit card?

Get notified of new replies

To Got scammed today...out $250!

Old 01-23-2015, 05:43 PM
arbee
Melting Slicks

Received 542 Likes on 350 Posts

Just curious guys, was there ever any resolution to this??
Old 01-24-2015, 09:09 PM
family-man
Drifting

Originally Posted by arbee
Just curious guys, was there ever any resolution to this??
went to HRP to give a statement, they believe they know who is doing this. waiting to hear back from HRP.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:35 PM
Stickshiftsteve
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Problem may be - with the Leafs playing so poorly - no one is buying the scammers tickets anymore...!

Quick Reply: Got scammed today...out $250!