Old 03-16-2015, 08:56 PM
vt65
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Old 03-16-2015, 09:13 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

So like whatcha thinkin Stainsy - bunch of us meet out at your place for sort of an impromptu get together/car show/meet 'n greet then go for a scenic cruise in your area? I'm in, what day/time? Must be some nice scenery to cruise out that way, you'll have to lead the way though ...
Old 03-16-2015, 09:55 PM
Stainsy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dankhts
So like whatcha thinkin Stainsy - bunch of us meet out at your place for sort of an impromptu get together/car show/meet 'n greet then go for a scenic cruise in your area? I'm in, what day/time? Must be some nice scenery to cruise out that way, you'll have to lead the way though ...
I think you have the right idea Dan. Bunch of us meet here Saturday at my motel by 11am. If anyone wants to come the night before they are welcome. We'll head up to Kincardine, or Port Elgin on Saturday and find a place to eat. Its a nice long cruise. Anyone coming is welcome to give advice on a good place to eat.

I am not remiss to doing something Sunday or Monday either. If there is enough interest, it can be done.

Last edited by Stainsy; 03-16-2015 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 10:26 PM
Stainsy
Instructor

Default Wasaga Beach

Wife thinks if the weather looks promising, heading to Wasaga Beach on the Sunday is a good idea. I like the sound of it. Let me know what the rest of you think.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:38 PM
Stainsy
Instructor

So I know I have at least five coming for the Saturday, and one for the Sunday to Wasaga Beach. If anyone else is interested, let me know. This is shaping up to be one awesome weekend!
Old 04-12-2015, 09:46 PM
Stainsy
Instructor

Oh man. It was such a great day for a cruise. I put the battery back in the vette last night, and I fired her up. Let her idle, and get up to temp. Took her to London today, and looked at a motorhome with the wife. She bought it. On the way home, took out the roof, as we own a coupe, and drove up HWY 21 to Grand Bend, to get back home. AWESOME! Thank you Sami, she drove great thanks to you.

I can't wait for May 24 weekend, and its coming up fast. I have a few people that have decided to come with us. I would love to see more. Please let me know if your interested, we would love to have you join our cruise. The good times, and good weather, is starting to come around!

Dave.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:35 AM
dankhts
Safety Car

glad your car is running right! Sami did a great job, rocks as a mechanic! See you at your cruise in!
Old 05-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Stainsy
Instructor

Default Only two weeks left.

Went for a cruise today, top out, great day for it. Only two weeks away now. I hope the weather is as nice in two weeks as it is this weekend. I really need a break, the wife and I have been redoing rooms for 3 months now, finally all done.

I can't wait to see and meet those of you that are coming. I would love to have some more of you come out. We still have lots of room, even if its just for the day.

Give me a call at 519 482 3469 if your interested.

Dave
Old 05-12-2015, 11:52 AM
Ontario73
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Dave, as long as the weather holds, it looks like we will be there Saturday with our 73. Is the plan still to meet up around 11:00 and go for a lunch/dinner cruise from there?

A progression of Corvettes around the Bend or Bayfield sounds like a good time!

Tim
Old 05-12-2015, 07:46 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Anybody going from the Niagara area on Saturday? We'll hook up and drive out together...
How bout the boys from The Big Smoke? Or are they all staying home and waxing again?
Old 05-13-2015, 05:56 PM
kidneyboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forum and to Corvette madness. I don't know how I missed this post earlier but I'm glad I'm seeing it now. I think I'd like to plan an overnight there for me and my car in the near future. I will be in touch for sure.
Mike aka Kidneyboy.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:35 AM
Stainsy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ontario73
Dave, as long as the weather holds, it looks like we will be there Saturday with our 73. Is the plan still to meet up around 11:00 and go for a lunch/dinner cruise from there?

A progression of Corvettes around the Bend or Bayfield sounds like a good time!

Tim

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. Been really busy here lately. Yes, I will wait for everyone I know is coming, and then we will head up from there. I was going to head the back way to Port Elgin, less traffic, wide open places. Then come back along 21. We will go through Goderich, Bayfield, and then here, unless everyone wants to go onto Grand Bend. Time will be the issue I am thinking. Also, the weather is supposed to be great, with highs around 23.

Dave
Old 05-14-2015, 11:36 AM
Stainsy
Instructor

Originally Posted by kidneyboy
Welcome to the forum and to Corvette madness. I don't know how I missed this post earlier but I'm glad I'm seeing it now. I think I'd like to plan an overnight there for me and my car in the near future. I will be in touch for sure.
Mike aka Kidneyboy.
Awesome, would be great to have you here.

Dave
Old 05-14-2015, 12:12 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

see you Saturday
Old 05-14-2015, 12:16 PM
Stainsy
Instructor

Originally Posted by dankhts
see you Saturday
Looking forward to it Dan. Its going to be a great day!
Old 05-17-2015, 02:08 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Great day Stainsy, thanks for the hospitality and cruise..... Good to meet some new people and see a few old acquaintances as well.... Looking forward to the next one.....
Old 05-17-2015, 04:22 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

Piks?

Get notified of new replies

To Park Your Vette Motel

Old 05-17-2015, 10:16 PM
Ontario73
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What time did everyone leave the motel? We got there at 11:15 and there wasn't a soul around to even ask which direction you headed. We drove up toward Kincarden then onto 21 through Goderich, Bayfield and on to Grand Bend. We still had a great cruise through the area, but, it would have been nice to have caught up with the group!
Old 05-18-2015, 09:55 AM
Stainsy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ontario73
What time did everyone leave the motel? We got there at 11:15 and there wasn't a soul around to even ask which direction you headed. We drove up toward Kincarden then onto 21 through Goderich, Bayfield and on to Grand Bend. We still had a great cruise through the area, but, it would have been nice to have caught up with the group!
I am sorry that you missed us, and I don't know how you could have. We didn't leave the motel until 11:30. We were still taking pictures at 11:15. I waited as long as I could, the others were starting to get restless, and we didn't think anyone else was coming because of the weather. Once again, I would have loved to have had you, unfortunately, this didn't happen. I put my phone number down in this thread a few times, if you had called to confirm, we would have waited.

Dave
Old 05-18-2015, 10:16 AM
Stainsy
Instructor

Default Awesome Cruise!

First of all, my wife and I had a great time. We had four cars, and seven people for the cruise. Here are some of the pictures:

So we headed out and took the back way to Port Elgin. I messed my own route up, but we made it nonetheless. As we got there, the sun was out, and it was a nice day all of a sudden. We wanted to eat at the Atlantic restaurant that was clearly marked on google maps. Well, we couldn't find it, and ate at Boston Pizza. Turns out, when I talked to my dad, that Boston Pizza bought that spot from Atlantic, and so I guess we did find it.

After a nice lunch, we went down to the beach, and the wall of fog was so thick, you couldn't see the water. Ice still out there, its been that cold of winter and not a very warm spring. We stopped on the side, it was very much cooler there, than it was at home. Passed the keys to Ann, and let her drive down 21 to Bayfield, where we headed back.

I would like to take this time to give a special thanks to Sami, for without him, there would be no cruise for our car. I would also like to thank Keith and his wife Dale, and Dan and his wife Eileen for coming out here as well. It was a very nice group of people we met, and Dan even showed this newbie how to get his car into performance mode.

Sami and Dan left that afternoon, but Keith and his wife stayed over, and we had a good time. Sunday morning we left out for Wasaga Beach. We missed a turn, and luckily Keith had the GPS. It was beautiful in Wasaga, very hot out. I finally had the coupe out. Keith, Dale, myself and Ann had lunch at Swiss Chalet, and then parted ways.

We drove up to Wiarton, where I talked to my dad for a while, then Ann and I headed home. I put just over 1000 kms on the car, and it performed beautifully.

Thanks once again to all who joined us. I hope we do it again next year.

Dave

Last edited by Stainsy; 05-18-2015 at 11:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Park Your Vette Motel