Canadian Events Canada, eh?

I don't know how you guys do it!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 11:20 AM
DIPPOLD
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I hide mine at a off site storage location so I don't see it in the Garage. It stays dry and warm and also has a number of other Vettes to keep it company over the long winter. I think that is were it gets all it's ideas about upgrades etc. In the spring it's like opening a Christmas present.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:04 PM
NoShade
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I found a partial solution to my problem... I took off to Cancun for a week. It seems to have helped.

Warm sun and plenty of alcohol always helps to fill the void. Didn't see any Corvettes in Mexico but plenty of weird cars and names that we don't see here.

Now I'm back to counting down the days until the car comes out.
Old 01-19-2015, 12:09 PM
Stickshiftsteve
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by shadow73
Well I found a partial solution to my problem... I took off to Cancun for a week. It seems to have helped.

Warm sun and plenty of alcohol always helps to fill the void. Didn't see any Corvettes in Mexico but plenty of weird cars and names that we don't see here.

And like your car - you only drink premium I guess!
Old 01-19-2015, 03:28 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,192 Posts

Originally Posted by shadow73

Vacations to warm places definitely helps pass the time! We went to Punta Cana over the Christmas break (didn't see any Corvettes there either) and in the middle of February we're going to Florida for 4 days (we'll definitely see lots of Corvettes on that trip!)

Days like today help a lot too, with the rain we got yesterday it washed off the salt from the roads pretty good, and I have today off work so I took my C6 out for a nice hour long drive. This winter has been pretty good in that regard, I've been able to take it out quite often. But it will be a lot better once the salt is off the roads for good and I can start taking it to work 3 or 4 times a week and going on cruises on the weekend too.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:45 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,320 Likes on 1,664 Posts

I've had a sports car since I've been 24 years old, and I always put them away in the winter. I have seen how much deterioration happens to a car that is winter driven in snow, salt and sand.
I have my car in a heated garage, and I usually have winter projects that I do to the car every hibernation period. In the past, I have changed out fluids, brake job, changed out sway bar end links, water pump change out, etc.
I can always find something to keep me busy in the garage.
This year I made a carpeted rear partition, changed out the shifter **** and boot, e-brake handle and boot to leather with yellow thread to match my exterior. I also replaced my headlight lenses.
I always dread putting the car away each November, but I'm anxious and can't wait to get it out on April 1. I put lot's and lot's of miles on it in the summer, but never 1 click in the winter.

I would never in a million years dream of driving it in the winter slush, snow, and on roads that are coated in salt and sand.

Each owner has their own priorities when it comes to their vehicles, and there is no right or wrong.

Last edited by 4SUMERZ; 01-21-2015 at 10:00 PM.

Quick Reply: I don't know how you guys do it!