Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Arial Drones filming with GoPros

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 12:45 PM
GrandPrixRollsOut
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Arial Drones filming with GoPros

With spring/summer approaching, i saw an article that caught my eye. Richard Brandson invested in this company and they have really neat technology.

Has anyone heard of the 3d Robotics IRIS+??? Its the world's first personal drone.

Some cool features that i found appealing include:
- 15-20 minutes of airtime (thats high!)
- Follow me function - you wear a watch and it follows you
- Pre-determining routes
- 3D mapping

It would be cool to have a meet or cruise with one or a few of these following us, a track day where it can film you arially around the track, or create a 3D meet with all the cars.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/threed...irissuperdrone

Does anyone own one of these? Some of the terminology in the drone world are confusing - what do you really need vs what they are just trying to sell you.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:08 PM
0Rob@ChampionMotors
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandPrixRollsOut
With spring/summer approaching, i saw an article that caught my eye. Richard Brandson invested in this company and they have really neat technology.

Has anyone heard of the 3d Robotics IRIS+??? Its the world's first personal drone.

Some cool features that i found appealing include:
- 15-20 minutes of airtime (thats high!)
- Follow me function - you wear a watch and it follows you
- Pre-determining routes
- 3D mapping

It would be cool to have a meet or cruise with one or a few of these following us, a track day where it can film you arially around the track, or create a 3D meet with all the cars.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/threed...irissuperdrone

Does anyone own one of these? Some of the terminology in the drone world are confusing - what do you really need vs what they are just trying to sell you.
Friend of ours bought for it to follow his GTR on the 407
Old 02-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Airwilf
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Drones

Hey crew, just offering an opinion on the drone thing. I would highly recommend that prior to the purchase of a drone, do a Google search such as TCCA Drone Regulations, or similar wording (TCCA= Transport Canada Civil Aviation).The biggest thing to watch for is the categories by weight & several other miscellaneous Federal rules. Drones fall under Federal regulations & messing with piloted a/c or property will get you into some really hot water. Do not tell the judge that you didn't know the rules- you may as well tighten the noose yourself. Just make sure that you can show "due diligence" instead of "nobody told me yer honour".Just my 45 yrs ( & counting) in aviation speaking............
Old 02-02-2015, 11:13 AM
CanadianVetster
Drifting

Received 161 Likes on 87 Posts

CTMP has not allow drones on the property as it is zoned a takeoff/landing zone.
One of the owners has a helcopter landing pad there.
So no track day vides there....
Old 02-02-2015, 12:09 PM
4 KRUSIN
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't own one, but I recently attended a boat show here in Florida and there was one flying around taking vid on a GoPro. I got talking to the person flying it to learn more about it. It was very .
Old 02-09-2015, 05:23 PM
vt65
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

might as well get this drone: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012...a-machine-gun/ ( look at the guys head rolling down the hill ) ... it don't get any wilder than this .. lol

Last edited by vt65; 02-09-2015 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:56 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 898 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by vt65
might as well get this drone: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012...a-machine-gun/ ( look at the guys head rolling down the hill ) ... it don't get any wilder than this .. lol
thats crazy

Get notified of new replies

To Arial Drones filming with GoPros

Quick Reply: Arial Drones filming with GoPros