Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Bubble Soccer Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Default Bubble Soccer Anyone?

These winter months go by so slow at times. Usually when I setup a GTG, it ends up in a restaurant or a fast food place. Thought I'd try something a bit different. Well almost.

I am looking into setting up something in March to play some bubble soccer. If you don't know what bubble soccer is, have a look at this video. They should have used Benny Hill theme music.

There is a place in Toronto where we can play, but I have requested information from them as to available dates, costs, max size of group and length of sessions. But I wanted to see if there is any interest from you folks. It does look like a lot of fun.

Oh and yeah before I forget. They are very close to Apache Burger on Dundas at Kipling so we can always go there afterwards.

Vote in the open poll yay or nay and I'll go from there.

Stan.

Last edited by Zeeman28a; 02-09-2015 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:21 PM
kidneyboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to be the "Naysayer" but no way possible for me. Looks interesting but not too much fun for the littler guys.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:11 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Well it looks like this is a bust. They do not provide a venue to actually play the game. That is something we would have to arrange. They only provide the equipment.

Anyways, I'll find something else for a GTG event. Anyone wanna hangout in a mall?

How about a billiards night? Or a movie night - any FF7 fans here? Paul mentioned something about skating? Now I don't skate but it's something we can organize. Maybe a Paladium GTG? Or even Karts in Downsview?

How about a poker day or night? I can host at my shop, plenty of room for parking. I've got a couple of poker tables, big screen tv for something to watch plus we can setup a bbq or even order in pizza or something.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Stan.

Last edited by Zeeman28a; 02-10-2015 at 08:30 AM.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:50 AM
LIVIO
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Karting

Stan, your best bet would be to arrange a Corvette Forum Karting Event at either Formula Kartways in Brampton or GPK in Downsview.

I have not been to FK in some time so I don't know if they have made improvements or not.

As for GPK, it would probably work better as they have a restaurant at the facility itself and the track wasn't too bad the last time I was there.

Lastly, I find that this time of year is a great time to arrange an event like this as everyone has had enough of the Winter and is itching to do some spirited driving.

Livio
Old 02-11-2015, 02:10 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

last time i skated. the Toronto Makeme Laffs won the Stanley cup !!

but i would be in for Poker
Old 02-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Originally Posted by walleyejack
but i would be in for Poker
I will have something either end of month Feb or early March.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:24 AM
GrandPrixRollsOut
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
Well it looks like this is a bust. They do not provide a venue to actually play the game. That is something we would have to arrange. They only provide the equipment.

Anyways, I'll find something else for a GTG event. Anyone wanna hangout in a mall?

How about a billiards night? Or a movie night - any FF7 fans here? Paul mentioned something about skating? Now I don't skate but it's something we can organize. Maybe a Paladium GTG? Or even Karts in Downsview?

How about a poker day or night? I can host at my shop, plenty of room for parking. I've got a couple of poker tables, big screen tv for something to watch plus we can setup a bbq or even order in pizza or something.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Stan.
Hey Stan!

I would be down for: a game of cards, go karting, movies (has anyone been to a Vip cinema... Very cool. Lager seating, reserved seating and booze service available.)

Get notified of new replies

To Bubble Soccer Anyone?

Quick Reply: Bubble Soccer Anyone?