Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Price Increase on Inventory cars?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 04:22 PM
Bob Holinski
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Default Price Increase on Inventory cars?

I was talking to a local dealer and found a car that would have worked at the price posted on the window sticker. Today the sales guy advised that they would increase the price of the car to reflect to recent Canadian price increase. What's up with That? :toet ap:
Old 02-14-2015, 08:08 AM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, that is how it works... GM Canada will invoice the dealer for the price increase if the car is sitting in inventory unsold. The theory is that this keeps all dealers on an even footing price wise on all of their inventory. Of course the reality is that it just gives GM Canada a price increase on a car that was built months ago...
Old 02-14-2015, 10:09 AM
Bob Holinski
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by TOVetteFan
Yes, that is how it works... GM Canada will invoice the dealer for the price increase if the car is sitting in inventory unsold. The theory is that this keeps all dealers on an even footing price wise on all of their inventory. Of course the reality is that it just gives GM Canada a price increase on a car that was built months ago...
Interesting - I'm coming across many 2014 cars still in inventory & can't imagine that dealers would get 2015 pricing on last years model. The one I was looking at was a sold unit that the original buyer walked on. It even had his custom dash plaque.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:59 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bob Holinski
Interesting - I'm coming across many 2014 cars still in inventory & can't imagine that dealers would get 2015 pricing on last years model. The one I was looking at was a sold unit that the original buyer walked on. It even had his custom dash plaque.
No, let me be clear... 2014 models should not have anything to do with 2015 prices, I was referring to 2015 cars in inventory that would have last weeks price increase applied. 2014 cars in inventory would have the latest 2014 pricing applied to them, but that is all..
Old 02-15-2015, 09:30 AM
vt65
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

hmmm must only be on Vets because I just bought a new '15 Chevy LTZ pickup that was priced at the old price still, according to my salesman only new orders will have the increase. Most dealers are asking $3k over invoice already on Vets so they may as well bleed us for more, i'll find a '14 before i'll give them that kind of profit ...

Last edited by vt65; 02-15-2015 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:43 PM
TOVetteFan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vt65
hmmm must only be on Vets because I just bought a new '15 Chevy LTZ pickup that was priced at the old price still, according to my salesman only new orders will have the increase. Most dealers are asking $3k over invoice already on Vets so they may as well bleed us for more, i'll find a '14 before i'll give them that kind of profit ...
I do not know of a single dealer asking for 3K over list on a 2015 Corvette, for what it is worth, and I can provide a dealer name, with allotment, for a non Z06 at list if you want to PM me.

As to non-Corvettes, ALL price increases are charged to the dealer, immediately. The difference is that you likely aren't buying the truck at MSRP, so it isn't relevant. The dealer is still factoring the price increase into their bottom line, and hence into your purchase price, it simply isn't as evident to you, as you are getting a discount regardless. The original list price is used on the bill of sale, and to determine residuals if you are leasing, but the dealer's cost reflects the price increase.

Hope that clarifies it a bit for you..

Get notified of new replies

To Price Increase on Inventory cars?

Quick Reply: Price Increase on Inventory cars?