Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Possible Poker Games - Some Questions

Old 02-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Default Possible Poker Games - Some Questions

I'd like to put together an event for the Poker Players in the group, if you're interested.

I have the space to hold it, and you'd have to come to Richmond Hill, so keep that in mind, but was wondering about the format.

What's better for people, day or evening? Think Sat, Sun or a holiday Monday for the event.

Tourney play preferred or cash game?

If it's a tourney, I' thinking $50 buy in with 1 $25 rebuy (if you want to rebuy). Start with 2/5 blinds with increases every 15 hands. Top 3 get cash.

If it's cash, min buy-in is $25, 1/2 fixed blinds, rebuy as much as you want () play for as long as you want and then cash out whenever.

Do we impose a limit or play no limit, and a hard stop time? I'd rather not have you all come to my place and lose your shirt to me, if you know what I mean.

I also used to host Dealer's choice poker events with work colleagues. I found Hold'Em too serious sometimes so I would hold mixed games as well, and found other players that didn't know how to play but were interested in joining the event, would join in on those games. Mostly poker games like stud, draw, guts, war, and other money building games if there's any interest in that. These games would be cent ante games as they can get awfully expensive. Especially the Guts games. And if a dealer wanted too, they can even host their own house games like Blackjack or 3 Card or Caribbean Stud.

Give me some ideas and I'll put something together in the next couple of weeks.

Stan.

Last edited by Zeeman28a; 02-21-2015 at 08:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Max Spot (06-07-2020)
Old 02-20-2015, 05:57 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 898 Likes on 700 Posts

Stan, posted my thought on your fb.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:08 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
Stan, posted my thought on your fb.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:03 PM
c7rvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi stan, I may be interested in a tourney with a buy in of 50 bucks, no rebuy....and would be available in the evening....pm me. thanks!!!
Old 02-21-2015, 08:09 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 898 Likes on 700 Posts

stan, i usually play fri evenings at tournements i go to. would be biased in favor of texas hold em, or stud. tournement format is good. even if it mives along at a good pace would still be 5 hours, depending on the tournout. if a few get knocked out early, they could start a cash game. you may not get a lot of takers at 100. 50-60 would generate some interest, even for those not sure of the game, but 100, i believe they would shy away. just my 2 pennies.
Al

Get notified of new replies

To Possible Poker Games - Some Questions

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Possible Poker Games - Some Questions