Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Hellcat is very tempting - Considering I have 2 kids

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 07:06 AM
stephenpen
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The motor is impressive but in 6-8 years a third of all chargers will be taxi cabs. Not cool.
The charger is not the sports car it used to be. It replaced the intrepid
Old 02-27-2015, 08:54 AM
OBSESHON Mark
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by corrado

Guys I love Vettes and prefer GM to Chrysler in general like most of us, but I respect what Dodge has done. The big 3 have all stepped it up and he needs a car to fit his whole family.
And we are talking new cars, not used and or modded cars. You will not find any "high end" family cars with that much power for half that price. (New cars have warrantys by the way.) And if you are going to start comparing modified cars that are cheaper, well you can modify a Honda to go faster than a Vette if you are smart, but that's apples to oranges. And who buys a car worrying about the longterm value going up or down? We could be dead in a year, live your life.

I think I prefer the Challenger Hellcat's looks over the Charger's, but that's just my own tastes. Mo, I think it's a very valid option for you, don't worry about the naysayers!

I think this winter has taken a toll on us all, we are becoming jaded and crotchety (and bald!)

Thank God Go Time starts in ... 35 more days!!!!!
Well said Mr. Corrado!! Very cool family car.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:57 AM
tfi racing
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by stephenpen
The motor is impressive but in 6-8 years a third of all chargers will be taxi cabs. Not cool.
The charger is not the sports car it used to be. It replaced the intrepid
Sports car?The sixties Chargers were nothing more than re-skinned Coronet taxicabs,nothing special about the drivetrain or suspension,the same 426 Hemi could be had in a sedan or even a station wagon.And what about the mid eighties fwd econobox crap mobiles,now there was a sports car...
Old 02-27-2015, 04:17 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

The Charger never was a sports car.

BUT, the new Charger Hellcat is quite the street performer. If you're looking for something new that will be fun and can haul the family around then why not?

There isn't much else with 4-doors that'd be as much fun other than the new CTS-V and it'll be more money.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Jutskin
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Moe........drive the hellcat........then drive a Cts-v. Evaluate the interior which is my main concern with the hellcat.....otherwise one hell of a car.
Nice dilemma.
Hope all is well...good luck.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:51 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by Jutskin
Hey Moe........drive the hellcat........then drive a Cts-v. Evaluate the interior which is my main concern with the hellcat.....otherwise one hell of a car.
Nice dilemma.
Hope all is well...good luck.
no comparison, may as well compare the Hellcat to a Vw.

Cts V outclasses it easily, maybe it doesn t have 700 hp, but the rest makes up for it.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:16 PM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
no comparison, may as well compare the Hellcat to a Vw.

Cts V outclasses it easily, maybe it doesn t have 700 hp, but the rest makes up for it.
Yes. Still 640 hp and lighter!
Old 03-02-2015, 02:42 AM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by tlaselva
Seems there's people here that don't like the fact this thing will likely spank anything less than a ZR1.

I for one would consider one of these. Nothing like spanking most Corvettes with a 4 door family sadan.
spank huh, in what way?......I laugh my a$$ off when people compare a HC to a C7...put a HC on a track that has at least one corner and braking zones then we'll see who spanks who.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:23 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I think some of you guys are in denial.

That's faster than a Stingray in the 1/4 mile. Sure, on a road course a Vette would win and yes the cars are NOT made for the same purpose.

I would not personally buy a Hellcat, but I am not in the market for a 4 door/seater. That's just my preference and everyone has their right to theirs and recommendations. If I was in that market, I would probably get the Caddy, or the Camaro if my kids were still small. But I would fully know that the Hellcat would be faster and it would not bother me either. My ego is not tied to my car being, or not being the fastest thing on the road.

Accept the fact that there ARE indeed faster cars.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:23 PM
family-man
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

I am by no means being biased, it's just that dodge is junk (fact). Cts-v would be faster around a road course. I think with the newer v2's, you can even get mag ride. Buy the v2, get the recaro seats option, slap a smaller pulley and eat challengers in caddy style. OHHHH and the best part, save $40k doing so!
Old 03-02-2015, 01:47 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by family-man
I am by no means being biased, it's just that dodge is junk (fact). Cts-v would be faster around a road course. I think with the newer v2's, you can even get mag ride. Buy the v2, get the recaro seats option, slap a smaller pulley and eat challengers in caddy style. OHHHH and the best part, save $40k doing so!
I had a 2011 cpl years ago, amazing car, a little more luxurious than a Hellcat, and a little better ride, and certainly much better on gas. But one is not buying one of these cars for fuel economy.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:33 AM
LS12NV
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by corrado

I think some of you guys are in denial.

That's faster than a Stingray in the 1/4 mile. Sure, on a road course a Vette would win and yes the cars are NOT made for the same purpose.

I would not personally buy a Hellcat, but I am not in the market for a 4 door/seater. That's just my preference and everyone has their right to theirs and recommendations. If I was in that market, I would probably get the Caddy, or the Camaro if my kids were still small. But I would fully know that the Hellcat would be faster and it would not bother me either. My ego is not tied to my car being, or not being the fastest thing on the road.

Accept the fact that there ARE indeed faster cars.
If the kids are real small (let's say upto 7 or 8 years old), they'll fit okay in the back of a Nissan GT-R. Been there...done that...

When I need more space, a CTS-V would be perfect!
Old 03-03-2015, 11:51 AM
MRNZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah thanks guys... its just becoming harder to drive the Vette, cant during the week as I take my son to school/daycare. Looked at an older SRT-8 Jeep Grand Cherokee, but have mixed feelings about an older truck with transfer case issues. Regardless, The Vette is a completely different car and would become a weekend car ( if Im allowed to keep her). But as a daily driver with two child seats in the back and be able to spank most other cars on the road, and did I mention with the car seats in the back? this alone would give me reason to grin. ( of course would NEVER do that with kids in car).

I agree with Corrado on the fact that the top 3 have been stepping it up! Its crazy how much horses they are packing into cars these days but nn a family Sedan???? Dodge takes the cake in this as its just nutz!!! Perhaps the the family can all be happy, and I still, get the needed adrenaline rush on demand. And that sound ...wow.

Thanks all for feedback, all comments have valid points to consider. Cheers.

Quick Reply: Hellcat is very tempting - Considering I have 2 kids